Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 760, 761, 762 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 pm

And a clear candidate for a Darwin award.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5380597/Poacher-EATEN-lions-hunting-South-Africa.html

Funny how they leave the head.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 pm

ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:
Booked our 25th anniversary tickets yesterday, off to Charlotte for outlaw sprints, xfinity 300nascars, and the cocoa cola 600. That’s the first three days! Then maybe 3-4 days at Yellowstone as never been there, then Vegas for mecum motorbikes auction, road trip through Zion National Park, Bryce Canon, monument valley, and on to Denver for Mecum car auction. Should be awesome!
our travelling buddies are moving & we have a full plate, so shelved the big Europe trip for next year.
Man I love planning holidays! Cheers, happy happy!

I have an American couple friends who I met in Fiji. He works in immigration there. Mad Trump supporter. (well anti dems). I should ask him what the detention centres are likw in Charlotte

Got an email from Dan and he lives about an hour from Charlotte (In Fort Mill SC) speedway where assumes you are going. He works in Charlotte. He says the NASCAR Museum is nearby so assume you will go there.He reckons the restaurants are ok.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5380597/Poacher-EATEN-lions-hunting-South-Africa.html

I am awaiting the Leo cheer squad from England. Pity a canadian dentist wasn't part of the feast.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

ronrat wrote:
ronrat wrote:
think positive wrote:
Booked our 25th anniversary tickets yesterday, off to Charlotte for outlaw sprints, xfinity 300nascars, and the cocoa cola 600. That’s the first three days! Then maybe 3-4 days at Yellowstone as never been there, then Vegas for mecum motorbikes auction, road trip through Zion National Park, Bryce Canon, monument valley, and on to Denver for Mecum car auction. Should be awesome!
our travelling buddies are moving & we have a full plate, so shelved the big Europe trip for next year.
Man I love planning holidays! Cheers, happy happy!

I have an American couple friends who I met in Fiji. He works in immigration there. Mad Trump supporter. (well anti dems). I should ask him what the detention centres are likw in Charlotte

Got an email from Dan and he lives about an hour from Charlotte (In Fort Mill SC) speedway where assumes you are going. He works in Charlotte. He says the NASCAR Museum is nearby so assume you will go there.He reckons the restaurants are ok.

We drove through SC, on the way from Atlanta. The freeways there are magnificent. Decent surface, and the trucks must stay right! I’ll have. To check out that museum, thanks, the one in Indianapolis was really good. We have the first day before the sprinters at night free, so might go then. Thanks for the info. Cheers,

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 pm

ronrat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I am awaiting the Leo cheer squad from England. Pity a canadian dentist wasn't part of the feast.

Haha. Smart lions, realised his brain was obviously rotten. No great loss as long as no one goes hunting the lions now for. The kill. They should show pictures of the head to anyone else going over there to hunt!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Which part of England is that?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Life, life makes me happy, count your blessings, not your regrets

Last edited by think positive on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 am; edited 3 times in total
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:38 pm

think positive wrote:
ronrat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Haha. Smart lions, realised his brain was obviously rotten. No great loss as long as no one goes hunting the lions now for. The kill. They should show pictures of the head to anyone else going over there to hunt!

I guess the skull was a bit bothersome. Everywhere else, the food surrounds the bone, rather than being encased in it.
Anyway, eating (being fed) brains was how the whole Mad Cow Disease disaster started, so it's good to avert the possibility of a leonine equivalent.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 am

What happens when a government agency – rather than, say, Twitter – decides on an ad's acceptability: a sensible, fair-minded decision.

https://mumbrella.com.au/ad-watchdog-dismisses-numerous-complaints-mike-tyson-ultra-tune-ad-499026

Quote:
In its determination, the ad watchdog said it was aware of public concern around Tyson, but concluded “advertisers are free to use whoever they wish in advertisements”.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:55 pm

I’m more upset he had a pet tiger! (He used to). Fair point he has served his time. Also fair if a victim decides not to use ultra tune. A risk taken. Hey I’ve not used products or supplies just because they support say the drug cheats!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

David wrote:
What happens when a government agency – rather than, say, Twitter – decides on an ad's acceptability: a sensible, fair-minded decision.

https://mumbrella.com.au/ad-watchdog-dismisses-numerous-complaints-mike-tyson-ultra-tune-ad-499026

Quote:
In its determination, the ad watchdog said it was aware of public concern around Tyson, but concluded “advertisers are free to use whoever they wish in advertisements”.

More proof that it’s all about power, not ethics. I love the fact that one complainant’s objection was that it was “tone deaf” : about the level of “ban it because there is something about I vaguely do not like”. etc. fortunately the Govt agency has not yet succumbed to this, but if history is any guide, it is a matter of time before it will.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:34 pm

The ad review board is actually very censorious, and have often cracked down on the mildest of vulgarities. But what I like about them (and this goes for the film classification board) is that they have uniform standards, as opposed to a tendency to cave into the mob or jump on whatever hysteria train happens to be running at a given point in time. Simple consistency and careful reasoning can’t be valued highly enough nowadays.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 pm

^ tick, agreed. But I still think their principles will cave in before the rampaging tribes of sentimental umbrage, in time. Anger is stronger and more easily mobilized than reason, in the democracy of twitter.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Bathroom is finally functional. Not finished, but working.

Shower done, 2 walls done with the wet area panelling, which meant I could put the vanity unit back in. When I disconnected it and pulled it out, I connected the hot and cold water hoses to each other as a temporary measure so I could turn the water back on. That diluted the hot water so I had warm water coming out the hot tap, passable for a shower, no good for washing dishes. All reconnected now so had a nice hot shower at 4pm to clean up.

Floor tiled and grouted, so all that's left to do is the bath and the 2 bits of wall around that, plus some finishing touches on the joins to the panelling and some painting. That panelling's a bitch to cut and 2400x1200 sheets are a bitch to manouevre.

It's not going to win any awards, too many little things not perfect, but for a < $3000 bathroom reno, I'm pretty happy with how it's coming up.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 760, 761, 762 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 761 of 866   

Jump to: