Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies lose to Dockers - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:51 pm
Post subject: Post match. Pies lose to Dockers - All comments.Reply with quote

Collingwood 4.3.27
Fremantle 6.4.40

Goals: Bernadi 2, King, Lambert 1

Disposals: Kuys 21, Duffin 18, Chiocci 16, Molloy 15, Lambert 13, Tesoriero, Barden, Grant 12, McIntosh, Bernadi 11

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too fuzzed we lost because we played better tonight than last week. You can only work with what you've got. We defended well. We run well and our forwards worked better tonight. We introduced some younger players tonight and we need to keep playing them because that's the way you learn.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 am

It appears at Collingwood ,kicking to a team mate is definitely NOT a priority. What a farce it was last night,as was the umpiring.I guess it's a Collingwood thing NOT to be payed obvious free kicks and immediately have tiggy touchwood frees paid against.It will be a long ,tough year if last night is to be the yard stick.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:07 pm

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/sport-thought-there-is-caring-and-then-there-is-really-caring-when-it-comes-to-aflw-20180210-p4yzwk.html
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:58 pm

I didn't watch the game, except for a few seconds here and there, as I was watching the cricket.

So for those who did watch it, I'd be interested in some feedback.

What's 3 things the team did well and 3 things that need improvement?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm

mudlark wrote:
It appears at Collingwood ,kicking to a team mate is definitely NOT a priority. What a farce it was last night,as was the umpiring.I guess it's a Collingwood thing NOT to be payed obvious free kicks and immediately have tiggy touchwood frees paid against.It will be a long ,tough year if last night is to be the yard stick.

I think more Kicks went to the Opposition then that went to there Teammates.

Molloy was Roughed Up but Scumps did nothing to try and Stop It Evil or Very Mad

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:41 pm

That's a fair summary about the umpiring but there's nothing you can do about. If you complain, its whinging because you lost, so you just shut up and say nothing. At some point the wheel turns and our time will come.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 pm
Post subject: aflwReply with quote

I got frustrated because in that second quarter the pie defence was being bombarded and were doing a pretty good job, but two times in a row, one after a great strong mark by number 6, she kicked it straight back to freo. A minute later same girl, did the exact same thing. Terrible. Then after that it was constantly kicking short to the opposition.
At that stage I took th dog for a walk. I support the girls but, honestly that was so frustrating for all their effort.
And I agree, the umps were shit too.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I think more Kicks went to the Opposition then that went to there Teammates.

Molloy was Roughed Up but Scumps did nothing to try and Stop It Evil or Very Mad

totally agree DTM.I actually think that more of our kicks went directly to the opposition.
With regards to the Chloe Molloy incident, it appeared she got hit in the head during play, whether by accident or rough play I can't say as it wasn't captured or at least not replayed,Freo kicked a goal from the incident and then Collingwood got a free kick at the centre bounce for the incident that had just occurred??? If you can work that one out ,you.re better than I.
Vexillology 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 am

Two Dockers players cited by the MRP for striking Chloe - one gets a week, one a slap on the wrist. Cannot find any vision of either incident. Anyone got or seen any? Compare and contrast with the wall-to-wall and endless replays of Sarah D'Arcy's indiscretion (after having been jumped on, scragged, kneed in the hamstring, held off the ball and not protected by the umpires all night but then Sarah's not named Tayla Harris or Katie Brennan).

Not often that two players are reported for hitting the same player in the same game. Probably happened to Weightman,Rhys-Jones, Brereton a bit.

Looked to me a clear case of the Docker's coach having instructed her players to belt Chloe hard and often. I suppose that's footy but not nice to watch when its one of ours. The good thing is Chloe seems to be one of those rare players who plays better and better the more the opposition players try and take her out. Poor choice of words. Sorry. But you know what I mean.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm

They won't do it but it is clear case for the umpires to be sidelined.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Vexillology wrote:
Two Dockers players cited by the MRP for striking Chloe - one gets a week, one a slap on the wrist. Cannot find any vision of either incident. Anyone got or seen any? Compare and contrast with the wall-to-wall and endless replays of Sarah D'Arcy's indiscretion (after having been jumped on, scragged, kneed in the hamstring, held off the ball and not protected by the umpires all night but then Sarah's not named Tayla Harris or Katie Brennan).

Not often that two players are reported for hitting the same player in the same game. Probably happened to Weightman,Rhys-Jones, Brereton a bit.

Looked to me a clear case of the Docker's coach having instructed her players to belt Chloe hard and often. I suppose that's footy but not nice to watch when its one of ours. The good thing is Chloe seems to be one of those rare players who plays better and better the more the opposition players try and take her out. Poor choice of words. Sorry. But you know what I mean.

I know one she was Holding her Jaw and Think she looked Sore in the 2nd

Vexillology 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 am

^yes, that's right DTM. There were a couple of "after the event" shots in the TV coverage.

What I want to know is: Where is the vision that Michael Christian looked at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: