Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
David wrote:
Has it? What a pity!

I suggested that instead of replacing the Fox news morning panel with Fassbinder’s film Fox and His Friends it might just have been easier to use the notoriously large penis of Michael Fassbender.

This had 3 possible advantages.

1. The Fassbender penis would ensure the weight of cocks at Fox news remained the same and they'd maintain their ratio of 100% knobs so the viewing audience wouldn't notice the change immediately.

2. The Fassbender penis wouldn't spout as much nonsense and could be relied upon to lean to the left and right.

3. The Fassbender penis could be used at short notice by the secret service if they required a body double should that other big dick in President Trump wish to visit the Fox News studios.

Nice work. Can’t imagine why they deleted it. Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 am

Oops. Too much data.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 am

Mugwump wrote:
Skids wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Skids wrote:
Dow rockets past 24,000, building on incredible post-election surge

(30th of November... It's actually 24,746 today Shocked )

The Dow soared 332 points on Thursday as investors cheered signs that the Senate is making progress on a package of tax cuts. The 1.4% surge was the Dow's best since March 1.

The latest market milestone occurred barely a month after the Dow hit 23,000.

It's yet more evidence of excitement among investors about the strengthening economy and record corporate profits that could be bolstered by the GOP plan to slash corporate taxes. The tax cut plan received critical support on Thursday from Republican Senator John McCain.

The Dow has spiked nearly 6,000 points since President Trump's election last year, notching 80 daily record highs since then.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq are also near all-time highs. The latter is up a whopping 30% since the election.

The boom in the stock market is a clear reflection of improvements in the U.S. economy. New numbers published on Wednesday show the U.S. grew at a brisk 3.3% pace between July and September, the best growth since 2014 and the second-straight quarter of 3% growth.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/30/investing/dow-24000-stocks-wall-street-trump/index.html

If stock market surges are a sign of political success, Coolidge (1925-29 bubble) and William J Clinton (1998-2001 bubble) are giants, far greater than Lincoln or either of the Roosevelts. Teddy Roosevelt actually caused the great panic/bust of 1907 when he brought in anti-trust laws, perhaps the greatest legislative achievement in the modern history of capitalism. History shows, in other words, that what is good for the stock market is very often bad for the country.

You might as well praise presidents for the quality of their summers. A surging stock market is usually a precursor to severe sunburn.

The surging stock market is a sign of consumer confidence.
US unemployment is low, tax cuts encourage businesses, inflation is low, companies are making good profits, spending is solid and the world economic outlook has improved.

You slap on your hat and sunscreen, I've got money to make Wink

I notice Donald hasn’t taken so much credit this week. How’s the sun ?

Even with the correction of last week, the Dow is still UP 20% over the period of his term so far.

Not bad, what's your bank paying you... 1.2%?

And it's bloody hot 'n humid Cool

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:53 am

^ It is indeed, Skids, and he had as much influence over that as he had over the last week. Wink

The return on cash is an interesting question. It does pay 1 or 2%, but it also buys a lot of good businesses when stocks are in a panic. So the return is a lot higher as long as you are not frozen into cash. It’s being frozen in it that kills you.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Spot on.
My super fund had been making nice gains of around 17% p.a over the last few years. About 6 months ago I shuffled it around to be a bit more conservative... it still dropped by about 1.5% last week.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:19 am

http://www.breakingburgh.com/secret-service-save-millions-protecting-president-thoughts-prayers-instead/

Secret Service To Save Millions By Protecting President With Thoughts And Prayers Instead Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:49 am

^ beware - Agent orange spraying. 25% steel and Aluminium tariffs, potentially start of a trade war. Dow down 300. Steel hat time.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 am

No smoke. No fire:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/28/hope-hicks-resigns-trump-communications-director-white-house
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ beware - Agent orange spraying. 25% steel and Aluminium tariffs, potentially start of a trade war. Dow down 300. Steel hat time.

Ancient orange is the shade of fake tan Trump uses.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:15 pm

I am at a loss as to why we would care but I am open to answers. If we sell all our steel and aluminium to asia wouldn;t that make us more competetive.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:51 pm

Tariffs are generally a terrible idea unless you're facing a dumping situation and it's going to kill local industry. In this case it'll probably just lead to expensive beer Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:22 am

ronrat wrote:
I am at a loss as to why we would care but I am open to answers. If we sell all our steel and aluminium to asia wouldn;t that make us more competetive.

We sell iron ore and bauxite to Asia, and these are then used there to manufacture steel and aluminum products. Much of this is then shipped to the USA, either in bulk steel or in finished goods (washing machines, car parts etc). These have just seen their import price (more or less) increase by 25%. Net result, less demand for steel and aluminum, and so less demand for two of Australia’s largest exports.

The greater risk is that retaliatory tariffs are now imposed by the EU, sparking a wider trade war, and/or Trump decides he likes this economic model and starts to put tariffs on lots of other things. The world is then producing many more goods in places where they are inefficiently manufactured (higher cost, lower quality). More or less everyone gets poorer that way, in time. And Australia is very exposed owing to its very open economy.

Of course, Trump being Trump, it’s still rather unclear just how it’ll work. It seems clear it’ll apply to China, but perhaps not to others. It may end up being like the wall presently in place at the Sourthern border. He’s such a numpty, that usual rules of statesmanship and executive competence do not apply.

Vexillology 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:07 am

^I do wish you had been my ECO101 lecturer, Mugwump. And that you were Trump's lecturer in ANYTHING he claims to have studied at the Wharton School! The world would surely be a better place.

Do you know if he was admitted to Wharton as a self-proclaimed genius or was he a legacy admission?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:19 am

Australia should put tariffs on imported US cars to save our auto industry, oh shit we don't have one to save anymore.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 am

Culprit wrote:
Australia should put tariffs on imported US cars to save our auto industry, oh shit we don't have one to save anymore.

^ It wasn’t US cars that did that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 73 of 222   

Jump to: