Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

And the latest is.....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokko wrote:
Mclachlan is suing for defamation so as the Cruel Sea put it; you'd better get a lawyer son, you'd better get a real good one.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/craig-mclachlan-sues-over-harassment-allegations/news-story/61cbe984160bae0ac01943c46bbc82ba

Stuart Littlemore is a pretty good one.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Mclachlan is suing for defamation so as the Cruel Sea put it; you'd better get a lawyer son, you'd better get a real good one.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/craig-mclachlan-sues-over-harassment-allegations/news-story/61cbe984160bae0ac01943c46bbc82ba

Stuart Littlemore is a pretty good one.

I used to love media watch Laughing

I know I said "son" but I more meant she'd better get a good lawyer because he's got a QC. His losses from this would be huge too so she might be having a Craig deduction come out of her pay until she dies.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Given multiple women have made allegations I dare say he's the one who should be most worried about throwing money down the drain.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:50 pm

luvdids wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Skids wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
The main accuser is one of the most popular musical theatre performers in the country.

Wow Rolling Eyes

So's the defendant... the point being??

The point being that gaining a part in the Rocky Horror Show in 2018 wouldn't be of any importance to her career, she wasn't interested in it to begin with and her allegations weren't remotely connected to missing out on a part as alleged.

haha, of course. Why take the role then? Laughing

I'm talking about the allegation she only called out McLachlan for his behaviour because she wasn't offered a part in the 2018 production not her original time in the role of Janet.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:06 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Given multiple women have made allegations I dare say he's the one who should be most worried about throwing money down the drain.

yeah, i agree. With more than one similar story, hes going to need more than he says she says.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Skids wrote:
Wokko wrote:

From that piece...

Court documents show McLachlan claimed Ms Whelan was “a notoriously foul-mouthed person who publicly distributed offensive matter”.

He claimed she gave him “wedgies” and grabbed at his boxer shorts while commenting about genitals. The Daily Telegraph reports that McLachlan further alleges he was “goosed” by the actress — which is an act of poking someone between the buttocks, something he alleges happened “on numerous occasions’.”

This is exactly what I have been told.

Would be interesting if this turned out to be true. Some pretty major double standards in the way we treat such things, needless to say!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:09 pm

I would've put him away after giving us Mona.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 pm

David wrote:
Skids wrote:
Wokko wrote:

From that piece...

Court documents show McLachlan claimed Ms Whelan was “a notoriously foul-mouthed person who publicly distributed offensive matter”.

He claimed she gave him “wedgies” and grabbed at his boxer shorts while commenting about genitals. The Daily Telegraph reports that McLachlan further alleges he was “goosed” by the actress — which is an act of poking someone between the buttocks, something he alleges happened “on numerous occasions’.”

This is exactly what I have been told.

Would be interesting if this turned out to be true. Some pretty major double standards in the way we treat such things, needless to say!

If it’s true it should be very easy to prove. Unless of course you believe she has only ever carried on like that with just the one person.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 pm

^ How would you know that that's the case? And either way, how does one prove such a thing? Most men either wouldn't care or would feel too embarrassed to say anything about it publicly.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:05 pm

David wrote:
^ How would you know that that's the case? And either way, how does one prove such a thing? Most men either wouldn't care or would feel too embarrassed to say anything about it publicly.

That made me think of an ex colleague.

She was 10 years older than me, unmarried (the gossips would say she had a bit of history and knew her way around the boudoir) and, as the only male in a team she was very touchy - feely.

She wasn't my type at all. Although I got along well with her in a work environment, I had zero interest in anything else, so it was quite off putting when if she came into a meeting after I was seated she'd come up behind me and hug me without warning. Then, if she could, she'd sit beside me and frequently put her hand on my thigh.

I never said anything to her, I found it uncomfortable but we were peers and worked in different buildings so I only had to cop it a couple of times a week. I just figured she was a touchy feely kind of person and the fact that I didn't reciprocate in any way hopefully gave her a hint.

If she ever had put the hard word on me or gone the grope, I would have just said "sorry, not interested"

For a bloke, I dare say it's easier to just brush that shit off than it is for a woman.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I think people’s brains would explode if a story like that ever emerged – or else they’d just shrug their shoulders and forget it ever happened. One almost wants to come forward with such memories just to complicate the narrative, if it weren’t for the fact that it’s not worth ruining someone’s life to make a point. At least in McLachlan’s case this woman has fired the first shot, so it’s open season now.

(By the way, obviously one shouldn’t pass judgement on allegations from a distance, but I have to say that the behaviour described doesn’t surprise me at all. Actors and actresses, from my own anecdotal experience, are strange people – often very extroverted, very touchy-feely with each other and prone to behaviour that most would find socially inappropriate. It’s probably a combination of the sort of person who is attracted to the profession and theatre culture. That doesn’t excuse sexual harassment or assault, but it’s probably something worth keeping in mind regarding these claims.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm

David wrote:

Well you'd think A fellow cast member would come forward and support Him if what he says is true, as in, yeah She did the same to me. Im not judging either of them, i wasnt there. Youd have to agree though, with others substantiating her claim, there is more likely truth there. And the same could be said if more guys (or girls) come forward with a similar story to Craigs.

Its all seedy, and im not enjoying any of it. It will colour my view when i watch anything any of these people are in.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:09 pm

I can't tell anyone else how to feel, but isn't it healthier to let go of all that – to acknowledge, when you see a film or a theatre show, that the people on stage are flawed individuals just like us? Not only them, but everyone we cross paths with every day has probably done stuff in their past that they're ashamed of (or should be ashamed of). Why should that diminish our ability to respect their work as actors, or stop us from letting ourselves be taken away into a fictional universe? If it's like we've eaten from the tree of knowledge and can no longer look at them with innocence, what does that say about the way we've been looking at all the other people on screens all our lives? What exactly were we fooling ourselves into believing?

I was watching an episode of the American comedy series Parks and Recreation the other day that happened to feature not one but two of the men caught up in the series of #MeToo allegations: Louis C.K. and Aziz Ansari. In a way, it was weird just seeing them there, playing comedic characters – I couldn't help but wonder, will we ever see either of them on screen again? – and it occurred to me again, as an absolutely crystal-clear thing: that's a person. A complex, living, breathing person. That's all.

Maybe, at least on a subconscious level, that's the reason why some people want these guys off our screens forever. They don't want us to have that realisation. It's so much easier to paint someone as a villain when you don't even have to look at them.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 pm

I think many of you may have a misunderstanding about how a defamation case like this will proceed. If it runs, you may enjoy following it - whatever it will be about, it most certainly won’t be about which of the two is telling the truth.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 am

And that’s even more depressing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: