Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

And the latest is.....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Khalid Mohammed should have been lawfully and openly tried and punished (by execution, if found guilty) by now. The Americans created this legally perverted situation and the sexual harassment claim seems farcically appropriate to it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

I totally agree, instead of putting them up in prison they should have treated them the same way American captives are, oh wait public beheadings are so uncivilised.

The 9/11 perpetrators caused the problem.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 pm

^ sure, but America - in essence a great beacon of just government - functions within laws enacted by elected representatives and interpreted by independent judges. And does no torture. Sadly, America violated its own moral basis under the worthless and ignorant GW Bush administration. Gitmo remains a blot of shame.

Khalid Mohammed orchestrated mass murder on US soil. I assume that can be dealt with severely, under existing US law. They should get on with it. But if releasing this sticky piece of filth were the cost of closing Guantanamo I would still consider that worth it, because America is worth more than what happens to Khalid Mohammed.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:37 pm

The thing I find funny relates to the OP... Who's next.

Some slimy <snip – anti-Muslim hate speech is not tolerated here, thanks> in the can.... everyone's clutching at the 'sexual harassment' claims.

I'm just wondering who the next big star is going to be Confused

John Travolta?, Hugh Jackman?..... surely some sports stars will be targeted too?!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm

think positive wrote:
Firstly isthere proof the torture occurred? And that the damage was done caused by it? Because that certainly doesn’t sound like a necessary or ok method of obtaining information.

Yes, there is plenty of proof. It’s a well-established fact that the US used such torture methods in Guantanamo Bay, and you’re right: it was neither necessary nor ok.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/09/cia-torture-report-worst-findings-waterboard-rectal

And let’s not forget that many of the prisoners subjected to these gruesome acts were never charged or found guilty of anything, but merely held on suspicion.

Quote:
As for cavity searches, if there is enough suspicion of guilt to warrant the search, then what can you do? When criminals stop stuffing things in their cavities it won’t be necessary.

That stretch you are talking about is right there.

I didn’t say cavity searches weren’t ok. I said that they are effectively sexual assaults, and that the psychological effects are more or less the same as being sexually assaulted. Read some of the testimony on page 2 of this study:

http://www.d.umn.edu/cla/faculty/jhamlin/3925/Readings/stripsearches.pdf

Such procedures may well be a necessary evil. But it’s up to us, in the knowledge of the harm they cause, to decide whether they’re ok or not. (I, at least, would like to see their use greatly reduced).

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 am

I'm just wondering who the next big star is going to be Confused

John Travolta?, Hugh Jackman?..... surely some sports stars will be targeted too?![/quote]

Where have you been Skids? Chris gayle, SK Warne,Greg Chappell, Jarrod Hayne, half of the NBA and NRL, all say hi. Lets not go with with S Milne. Although there is certainly guilt around it all.

Rock stars will probably be safe. Those dead won't care and those alive won't either. I mean who is going to come out say "I was 15, out without my parents permission. hung around a venue using false ID to get him. got pissed, followed my fave star back to his hotel room, snuck in, took my gear off amd jumped in the shower and I was assaulted". Only for the performer to add "She also had 2 friends, a bag of weed and was handing out frangers to the band like a vending machine".

I remember a story that surfaced during an ashes series where one of those pommy tabloids released a story from some woman who made claims aginst Greg Chappell, then Australian Captain. Her claim was she met him in a bar after a game, followed him to the next city on tour and on his request shaved her pubic hair and got hold of a school girl dress and shagged him all night. The next day he made a hundred and fifty odd in the test . The poms wanted him sacked and sent home (because he was killing them).

Chappells wife laughed it off (as it turned out she was there and it was bullshit) and the Australian sports fan says "well done to him.Keep doing it".

Lawyers are going to have a feast if a few people take this as far as a court of law and not twitterati anonoymous heroes.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Had an interesting discussion with someone who is close to a producer of the RH picture show last night.

The claimants in the Craig Mclachlan incident weren't invited back for this season of the show due to their pretentious and holier than though attitudes during the previous season... they were your typical "why has she got a bigger dressing room than me, why aren't I doing that, she's this, he's that" type of moles apparently.

Funny how the accusations surfaced after they weren't given parts again Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:41 pm

believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see, that friend of a producer, how many degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon? Moles? really?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:50 pm

The main accuser is one of the most popular musical theatre performers in the country.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:36 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The main accuser is one of the most popular musical theatre performers in the country.

Wow Rolling Eyes

So's the defendant... the point being??

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Skids wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Wow Rolling Eyes

The point being that gaining a part in the Rocky Horror Show in 2018 wouldn't be of any importance to her career, she wasn't interested in it to begin with and her allegations weren't remotely connected to missing out on a part as alleged.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:21 am

swoop42 wrote:
Skids wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Wow Rolling Eyes

The point being that gaining a part in the Rocky Horror Show in 2018 wouldn't be of any importance to her career, she wasn't interested in it to begin with and her allegations weren't remotely connected to missing out on a part as alleged.

haha, of course. Why take the role then? Laughing
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 am

Oops. Too much data.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:44 am

Mclachlan is suing for defamation so as the Cruel Sea put it; you'd better get a lawyer son, you'd better get a real good one.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/craig-mclachlan-sues-over-harassment-allegations/news-story/61cbe984160bae0ac01943c46bbc82ba
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:49 am

Wokko wrote:
Mclachlan is suing for defamation so as the Cruel Sea put it; you'd better get a lawyer son, you'd better get a real good one.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/craig-mclachlan-sues-over-harassment-allegations/news-story/61cbe984160bae0ac01943c46bbc82ba

From that piece...

Court documents show McLachlan claimed Ms Whelan was “a notoriously foul-mouthed person who publicly distributed offensive matter”.

He claimed she gave him “wedgies” and grabbed at his boxer shorts while commenting about genitals. The Daily Telegraph reports that McLachlan further alleges he was “goosed” by the actress — which is an act of poking someone between the buttocks, something he alleges happened “on numerous occasions’.”

This is exactly what I have been told.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: