Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm
Post subject: Post Match. Pies down to Blues - All comments pleaseReply with quote

Collingwood 2.2.14
Carlton 3.4.22

Goals: Barden, Garner 1.

Disposals: Molloy 20, Lambert 14, Edwards, Chiocci 13, Kuys, Barden, Bernardi 12, McIntosh 11, Bonnicci, White, Garner 10,

Crowd: 19,852

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of scoring makes the game as boring as bat shit. Just a bunch of girls running around a ground tackling each other.

Just like woman's cricket, these gals need to play on a smaller ground to make this watchable.

Just bite the bullet and make the ground smaller.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:34 pm

They need to learn to catch! That’s would really help a lot!

Ps I though5 you’d like the tackling!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Tend to agree. Can handle the fumbles, turnovers and missed targets but no goals in the second half because they simply could not get it deep enough forward.
Vexillology 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Had a kick with daughter after the game and am now a bit more sympathetic about the fumbling and dropped marks. The lights are so low ( not in power, not on proper towers) you lose the ball all the time except when it is kicked really high. The lights are so low its really hard even when the ball is on the ground. The lights are actually worse than grass roots footy club training lights because they are very bright.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 am

Johnno75 wrote:
Tend to agree. Can handle the fumbles, turnovers and missed targets but no goals in the second half because they simply could not get it deep enough forward.

Nothing much changed from last season as far as I could see and I watched every game.Mo Hope or No hope was as bad as anyone on the field. Definitely need a marking coach.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:03 am

Vexillology wrote:
Had a kick with daughter after the game and am now a bit more sympathetic about the fumbling and dropped marks. The lights are so low ( not in power, not on proper towers) you lose the ball all the time except when it is kicked really high. The lights are so low its really hard even when the ball is on the ground. The lights are actually worse than grass roots footy club training lights because they are very bright.

The commentators on ABC were saying the same thing about the lights being too low and in the line of sight!
Always hated Princes Park just scrap the joint!

K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:14 am

Vexillology wrote:

Do you mean it'd be easier to see if the lights were dimmer?
Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:22 am

How on earth is this remotely sustainable with only 5 goals and no goals in second half. Thought the standard might have improved over the off season but it is still as boring as ever with pile up after pile up.

And how was Mo Hope a marquee player?

Token rubbish, after last night and hoping it would be better it wasn't so won't be watching. I'll stick to WNBL or SEABL. At least the only difference between mens and womens baksteball is that they men dunk it.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:53 am

Seth wrote:
Token rubbish, after last night and hoping it would be better it wasn't so won't be watching. I'll stick to WNBL or SEABL. At least the only difference between mens and womens baksteball is that they men dunk it.

I think it's a gross exaggeration to claim that's the only difference.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 am

K wrote:
Seth wrote:

I think it's a gross exaggeration to claim that's the only difference.

Gross exaggeration?? Really?

NBL and WNBL.

They can both layup, shoot and shoot 3s from the same distances albeit womens has a smaller size ball.

Both box out and rebound, both can dribble left and right hand, both can pass.

Both commit fouls, both can screen, jump, intercept.

Both are very technical with numerous plays, offensive and defensive structures. I think womens basketball is a better teaching game for younger players as it is more structured. Mens is a bit more showmanship which is fine.

Both are high scoring and high intensity, high energy games.

So a gross exaggeration?

My point is that we are getting AFLW rammed down our throats as some elite level sport when it just isn't. I'll stick to watching the real elite womens sports in Australia like WNBL, SEABL or Big V and even the Netball. If I want to watch a bunch of players fumbling the ball, dropping marks and playing stacks on every 30 seconds I can watch that at the local under12s near where i live.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:16 am

What amazing Debut my Molly.

Clearly our Best Player

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am

My God could we have Fumbled anymore or had Worse Ball Use?

was just like Watching the Mens Team

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:29 am

KenH wrote:
Vexillology wrote:

The commentators on ABC were saying the same thing about the lights being too low and in the line of sight!
Always hated Princes Park just scrap the joint!

It's a ShitHole anyway

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:53 am

K wrote:
Vexillology wrote:

Do you mean it'd be easier to see if the lights were dimmer?

I'd say yes. The brightness of the lights is not to help the players, its to enable the TV cameras to capture the action. Remember, tickets being free its Chan 7 who pays for this circus.

Another example where sportspeople are sacrificed to the great God of the entertainment industry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: