Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The combined 'AFLW Pies footy topics in GD' feedback thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people bashing it because it's Women game are pretty Pathetic
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 am

Really Dave? Im pissed off with it because it is ridiculous it is being treated as though it is wonderful and spectacular and so much money is being pumped into it. Being a coach of elite level womens basketball where is the money and backing for a womens sport that it wonderful and spectacular to watch. WNBL is a brilliant highly skilled game nearly equal to world competition. The girls u17 team won the world champs last year thats how good it is, so where is the TV coverage, the hype about that, *&^*(&%$% nowhere. Instead all we hear about is a shit put together crap version of AFL football that is terrible to watch and will not last the journey. In fact they have to get ex-basketballers to play it.
So stick it up your arse if you think I am women bashing or sexist because I have put more into womens sport than you could possibly imagine. Lets just put our money into established womens sports first and not try and make this so much more than what it is.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 pm

We could easily make a new forum, but WTFWIK? Rolling Eyes
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Surely, with the blindingly obvious lack of interest in 'sticky' posts (what, 2 mods cast votes every week and no-one else gives a ferk) and other AFLW threads, it's time to move this garbage to its own forum?

The members of Nicks have spoken, why the arrogance by the mods on this on?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:12 pm

That's true - but the closer we get to the start of the season, the more people you'll see posting about the practice games. The close one at Freo has attracted a little more interest.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:01 am

^ Ya reckon? Take out the 30 odd posts by one person doing score updates and and a handful of hal's and you struggle to get 3 people filling one page. And that's the pre, game on and post threads merged into one Laughing

Think I'd rather see the GD page littered with troll threads. At least I know they relate to proper footy Razz

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
^ Ya reckon? Take out the 30 odd posts by one person doing score updates and and a handful of hal's and you struggle to get 3 people filling one page. And that's the pre, game on and post threads merged into one Laughing

Think I'd rather see the GD page littered with troll threads. At least I know they relate to proper footy Razz

Exactly!

We aren't hearing too much about the 'crowds' Rolling Eyes at these, for want of a better word, games, lately either... is anyone still attending this tripe?

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:31 am
Post subject: Please!!!Reply with quote

Before we start to see a trickle of the farcical comp known as AWFL, for a very good reason!
Can we please, if we must entertain it at all on this board, see any posts have their own forum... or merge it with the chicks channel, or other AFL.... anywhere but GD!!

SURELY !!???!! Common sense must prevail.

Having it in GD is the equivalent of a hotdog being on the menu of a fine dining establishment.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Seconded
#SIDEBYSIDE
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Pathetic you call it Farcical
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:55 pm

This annual thing again...?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Seth wrote:
Really Dave? Im pissed off with it because it is ridiculous it is being treated as though it is wonderful and spectacular and so much money is being pumped into it. Being a coach of elite level womens basketball where is the money and backing for a womens sport that it wonderful and spectacular to watch. WNBL is a brilliant highly skilled game nearly equal to world competition. The girls u17 team won the world champs last year thats how good it is, so where is the TV coverage, the hype about that, *&^*(&%$% nowhere. Instead all we hear about is a shit put together crap version of AFL football that is terrible to watch and will not last the journey. In fact they have to get ex-basketballers to play it.
So stick it up your arse if you think I am women bashing or sexist because I have put more into womens sport than you could possibly imagine. Lets just put our money into established womens sports first and not try and make this so much more than what it is.

Maybe give it more then 1 Bloody Season before saying it's Hip of F**king Shit.

It will take Bloody Time to Build it up.

Not Many People care about the NBL and Basketball in Australia anyway

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:34 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
This annual thing again...?

I guess until you give them one. People on will just keep Bitching about it

Vexillology 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Dear Moderators,
What exactly is the problem with creating a Collingwood women's football forum?

Is it a technical or programming problem? If so, please make an announcment to that effect.

Is it a philosophical problem? If so, be prepared to drown under a very large breaking wave.

Is it that you just can't get your head around the fact that tens of thousands of women and girls like playing football? If so, I'm afraid that Nick's will go the way of those grass roots clubs that have not embraced change. You with they will be on a very short road to oblivion.

In the absence of any compelling technical reason, please create a Collingwood women's football forum so people who are interested in women's football are less likely to have to wade through the muck written by ignorant posters with nothing better to do than pour scorn on the earnest endeavours of football loving women. You know who they are: strange how they always manage to find and jump up and down on any thread even remotely connected to women's football.

A recent and most appalling example is the thread relating to the serious injury suffered by Darcy Guttridge on Friday night. The thread is clearly entitled. No possible confusion about the subject matter: a young woman wearing our gurnsey having her collar bone broken in a crude illegal tackle from a Melbourne player. Now why would the usual vultures (you know who you are) descend on this thread, apparently created in good faith by a long time Nick's poster, to reiterate their dislike of women's football? Got me completely stuffed. What I do know is I am sick and tired of wading through their crass comments.

Please give us a women's football forum.

With Kind Regards, Vexill etc
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:00 am

I must say, it is a welcome change to have someone advocating for a dedicated AFLW forum from a pro-women's footy perspective, as opposed to the opposite.

We had AFLW Collingwood discussion in General last year because we wanted to give the new team maximum exposure, to encourage greater discussion of women's AFL generally, to introduce a new demographic of supporters to our board and to trial the concept of having more than just the men's seniors in the General Discussion section to get an idea of what the board might look like in the future. The results were... insightful. Unpleasant, but insightful.

With regards to our plans for AFLW in 2018, whether it's a separate forum or a continuation with our practice from 2017, we will announce that in due course. The matter is presently under consideration...

PS: On behalf of the bbmods team, welcome to Nick's Bulletin Board. We hope you enjoy your stay. Go Pies! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: