Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 675, 676, 677 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously £$%$ed up, how can the authorities allow this, its not like china is a third world $£$%^%%$ country,

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/horrific-moment-a-lion-and-tiger-both-mauled-circus-horse-which-miraculously-survived/ar-AAuPKGL?li=AAgfLCP#image=AAuPKGL_1|4

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:08 pm

^ well, it’s pretty distressing, and I’d much prefer it if circuses didn’t use wild animals, but this type of thing happens -more slowly, helplessly, and with a more grisly outcome - every minute in Africa. Just because humans were involved I’m not sure it’s much worse.

China is a bit third world when it comes to animal rights, though it is changing. One of my Chinese friends, living in Shanghai, has a pet duck. I think you’ve seen, in Chinatown, how the Chinese normally conceive of ducks. That tells you how far they have come in a short time. She says she won’t allow it to leave the flat, though !

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:24 am

Except the pony was a sitting duck, with no way to escape, and indoctrinated by man to obey. Poor thing would have been terrified, and he’s still stuck there. $£$%^%%$ barbarians
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:58 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ well, it’s pretty distressing, and I’d much prefer it if circuses didn’t use wild animals, but this type of thing happens -more slowly, helplessly, and with a more grisly outcome - every minute in Africa. Just because humans were involved I’m not sure it’s much worse.

China is a bit third world when it comes to animal rights, though it is changing. One of my Chinese friends, living in Shanghai, has a pet duck. I think you’ve seen, in Chinatown, how the Chinese normally conceive of ducks. That tells you how far they have come in a short time. She says she won’t allow it to leave the flat, though !

As the key ingredient in Beijing duck? Are you suggesting Chinese people of any type are keener on duck dishes than other people?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 am

K wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

As the key ingredient in Beijing duck? Are you suggesting Chinese people of any type are keener on duck dishes than other people?

They’re keen on eating any animal of almost any kind regardless of its feelings on the matter. When you have about a billion people and a history of hunger in a society, consciousness of animal rights tends to be secondary, but it is growing there as they become more affluent. I have eaten many, erm, interesting thins in China - some of my favourite menu items, over the years, were “homemade pig’s oviduct” and “snake heads in special porridge”. The frogs’ Fallopian tubes (aka “hashima”) were straightforward after those .....delights.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm

^

There's an old Chinese quote that loosely translates to "if it's back faces the sun, it's edible"

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:59 pm

Mugwump wrote:
K wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

They’re keen on eating any animal of almost any kind regardless of its feelings on the matter. When you have about a billion people and a history of hunger in a society, consciousness of animal rights tends to be secondary, but it is growing there as they become more affluent. I have eaten many, erm, interesting thins in China - some of my favourite menu items, over the years, were “homemade pig’s oviduct” and “snake heads in special porridge”. The frogs’ Fallopian tubes (aka “hashima”) were straightforward after those .....delights.

I don't think just about any animal or plant feels keen on being eaten (though people might argue the case for fruits' desires).
It seems the hotels in China, at least the major ones catering to Westerners, serve pretty unexotic food, which even the natives appear perfectly happy to eat.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

There's an old Chinese quote that loosely translates to "if it's back faces the sun, it's edible"

Yes, Stui, but don't forget the old Chinese footnote, which loosely translates to "But not the baby".
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 pm

K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Yes, Stui, but don't forget the old Chinese footnote, which loosely translates to "But not the baby".

During the years of the 1 child policy I'm not so sure about that.

Infant daughter stew anyone?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:58 am

K wrote:

I don't think just about any animal or plant feels keen on being eaten (though people might argue the case for fruits' desires).

Wait. What? Plants have feelings?? Shocked Shocked Shocked
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 pm

luvdids wrote:
K wrote:

Are you concerned? Are you --- ahem... how can I put this delicately? --- a plant molester?

The question is: does one need a brain to feel pain?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/science/22angi.html
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 pm

K wrote:
luvdids wrote:
K wrote:

Are you concerned? Are you --- ahem... how can I put this delicately? --- a plant molester?

The question is: does one need a brain to feel pain?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/science/22angi.html

Well I guess I am then, and a murderer.
Actually really interesting article, always amazed by how plants adapt. Still going to eat them though.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:31 pm

People....

Many hours spent by myself and others, running the netball club, developing policies and guidelines on team grading and allocation, updating the constitution, etc. and people still complain.

Parents so wrapped up in the own little worlds, that they cannot see the big picture. And kids lives so stage managed that they and their parents can't deal with thought that they may not be in a winning team or they may have to play with someone other than their best friend (who could ditch them at any moment anyway such is the fickleness of girls).
Or the others at the other end of the spectrum who can't understand why sport is competitive - why can't we all be nice and just play for fun?

And today someone suggested that we needed to come up with a non-gender specific uniform. Not that they would have the time to help out with any work involved in coming up with a suitable option because of course they were 'busy'.

FMD. People just need to pull their heads in and get on with things.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:43 pm

^

Well meaning idiots who think that talk = doing something.

Just every now and then, you wish guns were easy to get here.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/crime-court/alleged-horror-attack-on-nt-toddler/news-story/d67b11a73f5af9f29aef7989d05edc40

You stick your dick in a 2 year old, you should have it cut off Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 675, 676, 677 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 676 of 719   

Jump to: