Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What would you do if Nick's disappeared tomorrow?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a big loss for me if Nick's just disappeared. For more years than I care to remember, Nick's has been my daily first port of call for Collingwood news. When I lived overseas, Nick's gave me a unique way of being involved with Collingwood people. In those days and I'm talking 16 years ago, face to face computer link-ups were in their infancy and internet radio was hit and miss. I remember a day back in 2003 as three Magpies huddled around a computer in Hong Kong watching Nick's Scoreboard as underdog Collingwood steamrolled Port in an MCG final. Nothing else delivered in those days; Nick's stood alone in delivering reliable and unadulterated Collingwood love. Would I go elsewhere? Probably, but over at BF I've only just started regular reading. A few Nicksters are there too, but I don't 'know' many of the BF crew. Nick's is my Collingwood internet home and it continues to be important for people scattered around the globe. May it continue to be.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 am

Neil Appleby wrote:
It would be a big loss for me if Nick's just disappeared. For more years than I care to remember, Nick's has been my daily first port of call for Collingwood news. When I lived overseas, Nick's gave me a unique way of being involved with Collingwood people. In those days and I'm talking 16 years ago, face to face computer link-ups were in their infancy and internet radio was hit and miss. I remember a day back in 2003 as three Magpies huddled around a computer in Hong Kong watching Nick's Scoreboard as underdog Collingwood steamrolled Port in an MCG final. Nothing else delivered in those days; Nick's stood alone in delivering reliable and unadulterated Collingwood love. Would I go elsewhere? Probably, but over at BF I've only just started regular reading. A few Nicksters are there too, but I don't 'know' many of the BF crew. Nick's is my Collingwood internet home and it continues to be important for people scattered around the globe. May it continue to be.

Just accidentally stumbled across this...

Golly, Neil, what has happened?!?
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks for the courtesy K. This is my first visit to Nicks in probably 18 months and I’d quite forgotten that thread and my reply. I decided to leave Nicks very reluctantly after I was disrespected publicly by a moderator. I wrote to the mods team asking for an apology and the mod team decided that they would act as one and not issue an apology. I had no alternative in the circumstances but to severe my ties after almost 17 years. I refrained from getting involved in a public slanging match and have not commented upon this matter until now. I live over at Big Footy now and enjoy the more moderate tone and application of the moderators there.......so far!
Cheers
Neil

K 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks for the reply, Neil. Maybe I'll have something more sensible to say once I've recovered from my shock and dismay. I just stumbled across this particular thread by accident. But I'd noticed some time ago that you hadn't posted in the last year and was confused by your absence, given that I knew you were still online over there. [Otherwise, I'd have assumed that, like many people, you had changed life circumstances or were offline. People do come and go and return.] Actually, in another thread in the main forum, I'd said "If anyone posts over there, please PM" you to try to convince you to return.

I've also noticed the absence here (combined with presence there) of at least one other notable Nickster. I was also puzzled by his apparent departure.

As I said above, maybe I'll have something sensible to add a bit later...
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 am

I should note, having had a pop at David’s moderating here on one specific point recently, that he does a damn good job. It’s a bit like AFL umpiring, not all black and white, and I respect his sincerity. Some of the mods in GD can be officious and petty, though I think they mean well. You couldn’t pay me to read some of the posts, and they have to read it all. I hope you come back, but understand if you don’t.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 am

Hello Mugwump, it was one moderator in particular; I have a strong suspicion of who it was. David was a most welcome addition to the Mods team.

My disappointment was that the Mods always requested that no discussion take place in the rooms and that grievances should be discussed privately. Good rule.

This rule should work both ways; Moderators too should refrain from public reprimands; especially rude and insulting ones. That the Mod team stood by this and could not bring themselves to offer some sort of public apology was extremely poor form in my opinion.

Neil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: