Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

And the latest is.....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 am
Post subject: And the latest is.....Reply with quote

Craig McLachlan Shocked

Are these women just attention seeking or what?

'He's calculated and manipulative, a predator': Craig McLachlan accused of indecent assault

One of the country's leading musical performers, Christie Whelan Browne, currently starring in Muriel's Wedding The Musical, performed the lead role of Janet during the 2014 Rocky Horror tour. She alleged that McLachlan indecently assaulted her during the show.

ummmm... she does realize what the show is about right?

McLachlan denies that this happened. He claimed that the show was "a confrontational musical oozing with sexuality" and that to "make" the show "actors have to perform certain actions, all of which flow from the show itself".

McLachlan allegedly made inappropriate comments to actress Angela Scundi about her breasts, he created what he described as special "moments" for her on stage and on one occasion he was wearing only satin boxer shorts when he hugged her.

"He pushed his pelvis into me and moved around so I could feel his penis against my body," said Scundi, who played a phantom and also understudied Heynatz's role of Magenta.

Rolling Eyes wow.... what an animal

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/hes-calculated-and-manipulative-a-predator-craig-mclachlan-accused-of-indecent-assault-20180107-h0enst.html

I think these women may need to find a new vocation....... who's next I wonder?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

So you think what he’s alleged to have done is ok, and that being an actor means that you’re fair game to be groped, kissed against your will, etc.? He may not be on the level of Harvey Weinstein or Rolf Harris, but that doesn’t mean that the behaviour described here is acceptable. Nor that those who’ve experienced it should be mocked for coming forward.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 am

Interesting deduction. Why would I think what he’s alleged to did is ok and that being an actor means that you’re fair game to be groped kissed against your will
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:32 am

David wrote:
So you think what he’s alleged to have done is ok, and that being an actor means that you’re fair game to be groped, kissed against your will, etc.? He may not be on the level of Harvey Weinstein or Rolf Harris, but that doesn’t mean that the behaviour described here is acceptable. Nor that those who’ve experienced it should be mocked for coming forward.

pffft.... the show is the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

How these women can just name & shame somebody in the publice arena is deplorable.

Craigs response include;

McLachlan was also adamant that he never made unwanted sexual advances: "I am, and have been at all relevant times, in a stable relationship with my long-term partner."

McLachlan rejected the suggestion that his kissing scenes were becoming longer and more intimate.

"How little you appear to know about this production of the show," he said, claiming that, during the performance, "there are a number of small comic kisses directed in the piece".

McLachlan denied that he ever bullied or intimidated cast members. "These are baseless and vicious lies," he said.

The turning point for the women was the fallout from the exposure of legendary Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein as a sexual predator.

Heynatz and Scundi said that, when Whelan Browne had gone off injured, McLachlan said: "She's a c--- and she won't be coming back."

"This is a simple lie," said McLachlan. "The use of such language is repugnant." He also pointed out that his "accusers" have had "thousands of opportunities to raise these accusations" but none of them did.

GFO's lawyers responded by saying: "Your clients, by instructing your firm to send a letter alleging serious unlawful conduct (without any evidence to support such allegations), may have made defamatory statements regarding GFO, members of its management and also Mr McLachlan. Our client reserves all its rights in respect of that issue."

So who's next?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm

^ even if they are true, it’s very disturbing that these allegations are made public without corroboration or evidence when they were apparently not raised at the time. He may be guilty and a sleaze. Or he may not. But procedural justice is not being served in such cases.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 pm

pretend its one of your daughters telling their story skids
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 pm

think positive wrote:
pretend its one of your daughters telling their story skids

I can get kids being scared to speak up about things. These 2 women had ample time and opportunity to raise the issue, yet didn't. Until of course it's become the in thing to do.

The guy may very well be a sleaze, he does get into his roles and the whole scene of the Rocky Horror show is one of hedonism and promiscuity.

I think these two are flattering themselves and took Craigs 'acting' way out of context..... time will tell I guess.

Meanwhile, a man who, for all sorts of reasons, could be considered innocent, has his name dragged through the gutter.
Not good enough IMO.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:34 pm

definitely agree his name, and that of others shouldnt be dragged through the gutter unless hes convicted, however, its a bit scary when multiple women come out with the MO about someone. Im not commenting on Craig here, im talking in general about the whole situation.
Some people might object to the whole Me Too thing, but there is safety and comfort in numbers. Im sure some women out there are just jumping on the band wagon for the "fame" but im just as sure some women kept quiet because they felt they could not speak out. Personally it seems to be a dirty dirty industry.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Sounds like he's nailed the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter and some actresses weren't prepared for the show and what it entails. If he'd done this kind of thing while playing Dr Blake I'd be more inclined to sympathy but this reeks of opportunism, nastiness and "me-too" attention seeking.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm

think positive wrote:
definitely agree his name, and that of others shouldnt be dragged through the gutter unless hes convicted, however, its a bit scary when multiple women come out with the MO about someone. Im not commenting on Craig here, im talking in general about the whole situation.
Some people might object to the whole Me Too thing, but there is safety and comfort in numbers. Im sure some women out there are just jumping on the band wagon for the "fame" but im just as sure some women kept quiet because they felt they could not speak out. Personally it seems to be a dirty dirty industry.

Reading the article it appears they did speak out but it fell on deaf ears with those producing the show.

The whole notion of acting is pretending, pretending to be someone else while carrying out actions dictated via a script that has been rehearsed time and again so some trying to use the role he was playing as some kind of excuse is laughable as the women obviously feel it wasn't acting he was doing it was opportunistic sexual offending.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:05 pm

For the most part, coming forward with allegations like this does nothing for a person's career or life. In fact, it's probably bad for your career ( you get labelled a "troublemaker") and horrible for your private life.
So, no wonder folks are often reticent about coming forward with these kind of accusations. If the #MeToo movement gives people the confidence to speak up then that's a good thing.

The downside, of course, is that when a media witch hunt starts any allegation is enough to destroy a person's career.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 pm

The article is actually pretty compelling, my first post went off Skid's take but this is multiple accusers who have made police reports and reports to the Union and seem to have some evidence re: emails concerning his behaviour. While my initial reaction to this stuff is to presume innocence; I despise this trial by media shit and public exposition, these accusations appear on the surface to have merit.

I hope there is a prompt investigation and resolution regardless. If the allegations are baseless I hope the accusers are ruined; but if he's this devious sex predator then I hope he's jailed for it and not just run out of the business.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Well said, Wokko. The article paints a much more disturbing, and compelling picture than the OP imho. And I say that as someone who also has no time for trial-by-media.

My only concern is that there doesn’t seem to be much sense of proportion when considering the claims themselves, i.e. people hear ‘sex crime’ (particularly if it involves any sort of pattern of behaviour), and automatically mentally place the accusee in the same pile of villains as every other abuser. I suspect this wouldn’t be the case with an actor with a history of, say, physical assaults or some other crime.

But that in no way means that victims shouldn’t be telling their stories, or that media organisations shouldn’t be reporting them – indeed, the culture of silence around this behaviour for so long is really what has enabled it to flourish. We need to be encouraging, not discouraging, those disclosures; and when those stories emerge, our responsibility as a society is to respond proportionately. Better that we hear stories that lie in the grey area between sex crime and normal behaviour (and assess them as such) than those with real stories of harassment and assault be silenced.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Wokko wrote:
The article is actually pretty compelling, my first post went off Skid's take but this is multiple accusers who have made police reports and reports to the Union and seem to have some evidence re: emails concerning his behaviour. While my initial reaction to this stuff is to presume innocence; I despise this trial by media shit and public exposition, these accusations appear on the surface to have merit.

I hope there is a prompt investigation and resolution regardless. If the allegations are baseless I hope the accusers are ruined; but if he's this devious sex predator then I hope he's jailed for it and not just run out of the business.

Yes, I’ve read the article too, now, and it is hard to not to conclude that the women concerned are telling the truth. It is also to their credit that they apparently raised it at the time, and this can presumably be corroborated. However, even murder deserves a proper investigation and trial before someone is adjudged guilty and their reputation and career ruined. The presumption of innocence is sometimes difficult, but that’s why we enshrine it in law.

It’s hard not to be torn about the metoo thing. On the one hand, Justice and liberty demand an independent investigation, not trial by claim in the media. On the other, there are clearly many horrible behaviours and for the sake of all women, the men concerned must be exposed and punished.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm

The article was well written and has clearly achieved the desired result.

I'll remain open in my opinion until the complaints are tested in a court of law.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: