Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of London?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 pm

What is this, some kind of ‘shock and awe’ campaign? That WND article, for instance, takes an issue specifically related to gang violence (if you read the actual news article linked within) and snidely mentions a ‘correlation’ with the area’s Muslim population – typical of such bottom-feeding fake news sites.

As for the rate of anti-Semitic hate crime, this is another case of you using the barest correlation to conclude that Muslims are responsible for every bad thing under the sun. What’s the bet that a fair bulk of those anti-Jewish attacks are coming from your (emboldened) mates on the far right (see the white supremacist site reporting the Italian story, for instance)?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:27 pm

You keep on believing that David..... while rampant gangs of Muslim Africans run riot through the streets of Melbourne and drive cars into people.

Guess I'm just over reacting hey Rolling Eyes

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
It think your criticism of Mr. Khan is unfair.
He's way to busy with the important work of rolling out gender neutral toilets to worry about crap like stabbings, muggings and acid attacks.
Get your priorities right.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sadiq-khan-mayor-of-london-gender-neutral-toilets-london-plan-a8081136.html

It’s good to see him working the really big issues. The non-discriminatory use of pronouns will be the next important issue on his plate. “He” is out, for a start. Meanwhile the Grenfell Tower and its inhabitants burned in his city.

Sadie is just another career politician working for noisy interest groups. I pay about 500 dollars a year (alongside the 4000 a year to my local London council) to maintain this toilet inspector in office.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Skids wrote:
You keep on believing that David..... while rampant gangs of Muslim Africans run riot through the streets of Melbourne and drive cars into people.

Guess I'm just over reacting hey Rolling Eyes

It’s quite simple and evident: you have a prejudice and vendetta against Muslims that blinds you to reality and nuance. You will find anything you can to back up that prejudice and filter out anything that doesn’t confirm it. We can all be guilty of that kind of confirmation bias from time to time, but what bothers me is that yours is aimed specifically at denigrating a group of people and stirring up hatred of them. I think it’s an incredibly harmful and destructive approach.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:33 am

You think that and I think that the proof is in the pudding around the world and will continue to get worse... hey, opinions are like noses.
Let's revisit this conversation in 5 & 10 years time and see who was on the money Cool

Meanwhile your little buddies continue with their plots....

Pro-IS Group Produces Hypothetical Video on IS Airstrike on American Centers
Pro-IS Group Produces Hypothetical Video on IS Airstrike on American Centers

A pro-Islamic State (IS) group calling itself "Abd al-Faqir Media" released the first episode in a series titled "We Will See It Soon," showing a hypothetical IS airstrike on American centers.

https://ent.siteintelgroup.com/index.php?option=com_customproperties&view=search&tagId=457&Itemid=525&lang=en

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm

German study: Almost one in three Muslim students ‘would fight and die for Islam’

A newly published study, by criminologist Christian Pfeiffer, has showed some shocking results among young Muslim students.

29.9 per cent of Muslim students in the German state of Lower Saxony imagine fighting and risking their lives for Islam. Also 27.4 per cent of them say that Sharia law is much better in punishing an affair or homosexuality than German law.

The creation of an Islamic State by waging a war is considered rightful by 8 per cent. Almost half of that group say it is ok to achieve that goal by terrorism. Almost one fifth (18.6 per cent) agree with the statement: “It is the plight of Muslims to battle non-believers and to spread Islam all over the world.”

Christian Pfeiffer researches the relationship between immigration and violence since 1998. The publication of the results of his 2015 study is worrying for Germany, as the country has a large Muslim population and accepted more than a million mostly Muslim migrants in the last two years.

A spokesman of the ministry of culture and education says “prevention is important in Lower Saxony. We are battling radicalisation at school at an early age.”

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/01/german-study-almost-one-in-three-muslim-students-would-fight-and-die-for-islam/

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Skids wrote:
German study: Almost one in three Muslim students ‘would fight and die for Islam’

A newly published study, by criminologist Christian Pfeiffer, has showed some shocking results among young Muslim students.

29.9 per cent of Muslim students in the German state of Lower Saxony imagine fighting and risking their lives for Islam. Also 27.4 per cent of them say that Sharia law is much better in punishing an affair or homosexuality than German law.

The creation of an Islamic State by waging a war is considered rightful by 8 per cent. Almost half of that group say it is ok to achieve that goal by terrorism. Almost one fifth (18.6 per cent) agree with the statement: “It is the plight of Muslims to battle non-believers and to spread Islam all over the world.”

Christian Pfeiffer researches the relationship between immigration and violence since 1998. The publication of the results of his 2015 study is worrying for Germany, as the country has a large Muslim population and accepted more than a million mostly Muslim migrants in the last two years.

A spokesman of the ministry of culture and education says “prevention is important in Lower Saxony. We are battling radicalisation at school at an early age.”

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/01/german-study-almost-one-in-three-muslim-students-would-fight-and-die-for-islam/

These stats are pretty consistent across the developed West. They say that the majority of Muslims are decent and relatively assimilating, but a significant minority are not. Since you cannot have the majority without the minority, and the benefits brought by the majority are not especially necessary, the question is why we inflict the problem upon ourselves. I suppose it is the interests of the wealthy, who want cheap immigrant labour, and the sentimental vanity of progressives, who (like the Christian puritans of an earlier era) need to signify that they are morally more advanced than those around them. I suspect it comes from the desolation they feel at having lost religion, tradition and patriotism as anchors of their identity.

The people who are prepared to fight and die for Islam, by the way, are not especially wicked. I am pretty confident that my sons would (reluctantly but dutifully) fight and die for their country if they thought it was threatened, and Muslims love their religion as we love our country. It’s one of their more attractive features, compared to the parasitic consumerist nihilism of many Westerners. It’s just that we do not need the deeply-held cultural precepts of Islam shaping our society, though we are probably too late to stop it.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/PaulJosephWatson/videos/1930899723604172/

Now things are getting real.

Please... WAKE UP!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:07 am

^ meh, across a nation of 80 million people you’ll get odd stuff. I’m sceptical that a Nothern Englishman really knows what’s happening in Germany as a whole. I think the soap opera thing is an example of him beating things out of context through lack of understanding. Soaps always dramatize social issues, often preferring extreme and shocking cases. And the way this scene was presented -indoctrination of a child -is just as likely to repel Germans, with their particular history.

The problem is no doubt real, and the termites who find a good word to say for everything except the Western Christian culture which is committing suicide around them are no doubt hard at work, but we need better sources than this guy. The best commentator on this is the excellent, rapier-like Douglas Murray.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:38 am

Agree with you on Douglas Murray. A very smart and articulate man.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:31 am

Murray is extremely good, yes. It’s worth reading his latest Spectator blog on the recent interview (if you can call it that) with Jordan B Peterson on British TV . It’s then worth watching the interview concerned, on the link below. Occasionally something comes along that shows just what is at stake, in the contest between indignant, half-educated, sentimental, militant gesticulating ignorance, on one hand, and conscientious reason and genuine learning on the other.

Once upon a time the swivel-eyed mobs with pitchforks were uneducated and stupid. Now they are educated to be so. This shows it as starkly as anywhere.
https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 am

What an insufferable moron of a presenter.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:11 am

^ yes, but hardly unusual in the media and on campuses and in leftist political parties today. This is one of the Uk’s flagship current affairs programmes on a publicly funded broadcaster, no less. The Left took over the media, arts, public sector and academia years ago, as Gramsci urged. This is the result. Will anyone be left with enough memory to recall what was lost, and to write the obituary ? Or will they all see “five fingers, Winston” ?

The BBC would probably have been a bit more sophisticated in its sneering,or you might have found a presenter who tried to take its impartiality obligations seriously (the most you can hope for, if you are on the right). But this kind of half-educated sneer is everywhere today. They’ve all been taught what to think, to believe it with perfect arrogance, and that feeling is more important than thinking anyway.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Murray is extremely good, yes. It’s worth reading his latest Spectator blog on the recent interview (if you can call it that) with Jordan B Peterson on British TV . It’s then worth watching the interview concerned, on the link below. Occasionally something comes along that shows just what is at stake, in the contest between indignant, half-educated, sentimental, militant gesticulating ignorance, on one hand, and conscientious reason and genuine learning on the other.

Once upon a time the swivel-eyed mobs with pitchforks were uneducated and stupid. Now they are educated to be so. This shows it as starkly as anywhere.
https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54

I haven't watched the interview, but it seems you weren't the only person to take issue with the questioning – here's a fairly sharp critique of the interview from the left-leaning Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/putting-monsterpaint-onjordan-peterson/550859/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 93 of 105   

Jump to: