Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How to Get Fired from EB

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:57 pm
Post subject: How to Get Fired from EBReply with quote

More Proof what a Dodgy Company they are

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/01/how-to-get-fired-from-eb-games/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? I’m all about civil liberties, but even I can understand that filming yourself goofing off at your workplace (including damaging stock and harassing customers) while on shift and then posting the video online (and doing all of the above without the permission of supervisors) is a legitimate reason to be fired. Perhaps corporations could afford to have a bit more of a sense of humour and not seek to exercise such obsessive control of their public image, but otherwise I’m not really feeling the grave injustice here.

Video here, for anyone who cares:

https://youtu.be/__KPdVHAalI

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 pm

David wrote:
Huh? I’m all about civil liberties, but even I can understand that filming yourself goofing off at your workplace (including damaging stock and harassing customers) while on shift and then posting the video online (and doing all of the above without the permission of supervisors) is a legitimate reason to be fired. Perhaps corporations could afford to have a bit more of a sense of humour and not seek to exercise such obsessive control of their public image, but otherwise I’m not really feeling the grave injustice here.

Yeah. He was a Idiot with doing that Video.

Though shouldn't the Manager on at that Day and the Other Guy in the Video also get Sacked then as well?

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Perhaps we should have more sympathy for the guy in Europe (I think) who was fired for doing too much unpaid overtime (as the media put it).
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Though shouldn't the Manager on at that Day and the Other Guy in the Video also get Sacked then as well?

Perhaps – but clear injustices aside, I can’t say I feel hugely invested in a retail franchise’s disciplinary decisions from over a decade ago. Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 am

Dave The Man wrote:
David wrote:

He was more than an idiot. Would you buy any of the products he knocked over? Not me. Just how much were those items worth? And doing that to the customer? The customer could have walked and who knows how much he was spending.

And no the other employees shouldn’t get fired unless they were involved in any way. How would they know he was going to do that? Was the manger in the room? Was the guy serving the manger, an employee on the same or lesser level than the tool doing the video?

What if he had knocked someone over and hurt them ,and they sued the store?

The deadshit deserved to be fired, and if he can’t see that looking back, then I doubt he will get anywhere in life. Total moron.

The guy was employed to do a job, serve customers and stock products. Not run customers out the shop and destroy stuff.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 am

^ workplace version of the Darwin Award. But if it was ten years ago, can I have that 5 mins of my life refunded, please ? Does anyone buy games from stores any more anyway ?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 am

I know, right? It could have made a good Vice article if he’d added some hard drug use, further criminal activity and made sure to take the piss out of himself. Instead, we get this weirdly pointless ‘it happened to me’ memoir posing as some sort of would-be exposé. Must be the silly season. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: