Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report 18th December 2017

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

cityslick1 wrote:
Jaidyn S - mixture of prized greyhound and 1 year old pure bred racehorse. Love his personality and humility. V open with fans and incredibly polite.
Reminds me of when you won an athletics race at regional school sports meet, then you go on to the state champs and are stood next to a guy that just looks a jet.. and goes on to win everything. Just has that type of aura about him. Not lacking in confidence in the drills.. taking the game on etc, which shouldn't be a surprise from the draft highlights.

Thanks, cs1. Smile

Did you chat with Jaidyn? From interviews, he does seem quirky in a good way and very polite.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:32 am

CoastPie wrote:
Another amazing training report WL. You excelled yourself again,
It's such a pleasure getting this insight to our training as I'm too far away to attend,
When you mentioned "Allenby" are you referring to Flynn Appleby?
A Very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you WL & your family.

Thank you Coast Pie and ditto.

My apologies around 'Allenby'. I watched a golfer once with that name on television and there was also a golfer called Appleby. Both Australians, too!

Our Appleby will be a ripper- he has many fine attributes- a genuine steal as a rookie.

SonofRowdy 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:52 am

Hi Warburton Lad and Cityslick1, have loved your off season reports.

At the moment it sounds like most of the squad is training really well. Having said that I think it would be interesting if you both put your respective selector's hats on and picked the team that will take the ground for round one next year.

Personally I will be interested to see how many of the guys recruited over the last two years have impressed you enough to warrant a start in the side.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:52 pm

SonofRowdy wrote:
Hi Warburton Lad and Cityslick1, have loved your off season reports.

At the moment it sounds like most of the squad is training really well. Having said that I think it would be interesting if you both put your respective selector's hats on and picked the team that will take the ground for round one next year.

Personally I will be interested to see how many of the guys recruited over the last two years have impressed you enough to warrant a start in the side.

Good evening SonofRowdy.

I don't normally indulge myself by picking teams as there are so many variables (injury/form/player development priorities), but, in the spirit of the season, I will list a team that may run out Round One (assuming all available)

B: Howe Dunn Murray

HB: Crisp Moore Scharenberg

C: Hoskin-Elliott Pendlebury Sidebottom

HF: De Goey Reid Maynard

F: Elliott Cox Goldsack

Ruck: Grundy Treloar

Rov: Adams

Interchange:Phillips, Daicos Wells, Varcoe

Emerge:Langdon, Greenwood, Smith Fasolo

If all are fit and well, selections will be tough.

The side I have picked offers a great deal of flexibility. Goldsack gets the nod over Blair and fasolo as he offers the flexibility to go back if needed. If the team is too tall forward, The Sack and Howe can swap and Cox or Grundy can warm the pine with Daicos slotting into a pocket.

Phillips/Sidebottom/Hoskin-Elliott share wing duties whilst De Goey/Pendles/Wells/Adams/Treloar and Maynard share on-ball and centre duties.

At a pinch, Varcoe goes back to release Crisp into an on-ball role if a bull is needed in the centre clearances.

Callum Brown and Kirby need very solid block of form in VFL to break into the side.

Murphy, Stephenson, Tyler Brown and McLarty still works in progress despite the romance associated with the notion of any of them being selected.

If I were asked who might be a 'roughy' for selection, I would nominate Flynn Appleby or Jack Mihocek who appear 'ready-to-roll' in senior football. Mihocek has done a long apprenticeship at VFL level and Appleby is an elite runner who shows great courage.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Luv your work Laddy. That side looks pretty damn good to me.
SonofRowdy 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:43 am

Thanks Warburton Lad, certainly helps put pre-season training form into context.

Gotta say that I can't help but admire the resurgence in the stocks of Tyson Goldsack. Many had him written off a few years ago but now he is our "go to pressure swingman". Starting to wish we had two Goldsacks - one to play forward and another to play back....

Much appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the 2018 pre-season and which players are in contention for a starting birth for round one.

Cheers for now and happy new year....
K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:01 pm

SonofRowdy wrote:
Gotta say that I can't help but admire the resurgence in the stocks of Tyson Goldsack. Many had him written off a few years ago but now he is our "go to pressure swingman". Starting to wish we had two Goldsacks - one to play forward and another to play back....

Well, we briefly had a Golds but he got the Sack.
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 am

Like the look of the Lads side, but I would swap goldsack for fasolo, for greater goalkicking power, and C Brown for Ohillips, as I think he's a genuine inside mid, which we need to share the load.

Scharenberg Dunn Murray
Howe Moore Crisp
Hoskin Elliot Pendles sidey
De Goey Reid Maynard
Elliott Cox Fasolo

Grundy Treloar Adams

Wells Varcoe Brown Daicos
K 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:22 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Like the look of the Lads side, but I would swap goldsack for fasolo ... and C Brown for Ohillips ...

Is O'hillips our latest Irish recruit? It's a real pity that Caolan Mooney didn't work out for us. Above all, his elite speed was feared by the opposition and would have provided an obvious solution for our forward-pressure needs. This all feels like stuff that happened an eternity ago, but he's still under 25 years old right now. Sad
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:55 am

[quote="Woods"]Thanks for your unvarnished report on how you perceived the training, CS1.

In your previous report (Monday's training) you mentioned that De Goey was punched in the guts by Blair. Did this seem to be just a bit of macho jocularity between them, or was their some genuine malice evident?[/quote]

Hate speculating Mr Woods, but it didn't seem too jocular to me. Were no smiles afterwards, just two frustrated looking players who clashed. De Goey seemed to give Jarryd some unwanted close attention, and it was met with a rather swift & firm rabbit punch & run, that drew a groan from Messr De Goey.

Sounds quite negative, but I cant remember seeing jordan being too close with many individuals during the session/s. May mean nothing by the time the real stuff starts, but i doubt the recent rumours of upset teamates are / were totally made up.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
Woods wrote:
Thanks for your unvarnished report on how you perceived the training, CS1.

In your previous report (Monday's training) you mentioned that De Goey was punched in the guts by Blair. Did this seem to be just a bit of macho jocularity between them, or was their some genuine malice evident?

Hate speculating Mr Woods, but it didn't seem too jocular to me. Were no smiles afterwards, just two frustrated looking players who clashed. De Goey seemed to give Jarryd some unwanted close attention, and it was met with a rather swift & firm rabbit punch & run, that drew a groan from Messr De Goey.

Sounds quite negative, but I cant remember seeing jordan being too close with many individuals during the session/s. May mean nothing by the time the real stuff starts, but i doubt the recent rumours of upset teamates are / were totally made up.

I reckon those short, thick arms of the wee fella would pack a mighty punch.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Woods wrote:
cityslick1 wrote:
Woods wrote:
Thanks for your unvarnished report on how you perceived the training, CS1.

In your previous report (Monday's training) you mentioned that De Goey was punched in the guts by Blair. Did this seem to be just a bit of macho jocularity between them, or was their some genuine malice evident?

I reckon those short, thick arms of the wee fella would pack a mighty punch.

he is literally fighting for his place in the round 1 team.... i bet he wins it.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:04 pm

As a regular attendee and reporter on training, I can confirm that training has had an authentic, 'edge' to it this preseason. There is a physicality in terms of tackling and player collisions that I have not seen before (outside of real games).

Blair has had constant support from Bucks and each session that I have seen (with the exception of the one Bucks was absent) he has got around Blairy.

De Goey appears to be one that doesn't get around the group as a backslapper, but is training hard and appears to be close with Wells, Varcoe and Phillips.

Not every member of every workplace gets along famously. The Pies would be no different, I'm sure.

Happy New Year one and all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: