Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread is reminding me of the german episode of Faulty Towers when Basil Faulty says to a guest, "Don't mention the war. I said it once and I think I got away with it". Evoking Jarryd Blair's name is like Basil Faulty mentioning the war in front of a group of german guests. It brings out a certain response from people. I've lost count of the number of threads to do with Jarryd Blair on Nicks, but I'll be sorry in a way when Jarryd Blair eventually retires, because when he finally does, we'll have nothing to talk about on Nicks.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
This whole thread is reminding me of the german episode of Faulty Towers when Basil Faulty says to a guest, "Don't mention the war. I said it once and I think I got away with it". Evoking Jarryd Blair's name is like Basil Faulty mentioning the war in front of a group of german guests. It brings out a certain response from people. I've lost count of the number of threads to do with Jarryd Blair on Nicks, but I'll be sorry in a way when Jarryd Blair eventually retires, because when he finally does, we'll have nothing to talk about on Nicks.

that's what we have said about every guy that is THAT guy that certain people criticize mercilessly. we always find a way to find a new patsy. Nicks posters will never run out of words and will never ever like every player on the list. there will always be at least 1 player on our list who proves beyond doubt that our coach, president, club culture, recruiting etc., is terrible and has been for years...... right now, Blair is that guy, but it wasnt always thus..

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
You are wasting a lot of time here mate. How many other fans on the planet have spent as much time as you appear to have on the massively important decision "should we have Crameri or Blair on our list as our back up to cover for injuries and form".

I'm sure if the club gets this decision right, premiership glory awaits us!!

"mate" is a stretch. Go Pies!

let it go pal. just admit you are wrong.... Wink Wink Wink

I'll welcome the opportunity for you to post the bona fides of each Jarryd Blair game in 2018 that he plays. Dissecting the sizzling and extraordinary 4 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 missed aerial marks, the .5 goal kicking and the free kick exploits to the opposition. Shall require all of your "snake oil skin" sales skills.

The argument has never been whether Jarryd Blair is as good as Cyril Rioli. The argument has always been whether he is worthy of a modest one year contract in 2018 and is capable of being a suitable back up player in the event of injuries and form issues with the best 22. In that role, he was terrific for us in round 23 last year. i only have to go back to our most recent game to prove my point. and Kirby's performance in that same game proves why its important to have players come in where there isn't too much drop off. that is of course if you want to win games (and not get game time into kids while sacrificing performance - something i hate).

so my amigo, mi hombre, do you now see why you are still focused on all the wrong things?

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
You are wasting a lot of time here mate. How many other fans on the planet have spent as much time as you appear to have on the massively important decision "should we have Crameri or Blair on our list as our back up to cover for injuries and form".

I'll welcome the opportunity for you to post the bona fides of each Jarryd Blair game in 2018 that he plays. Dissecting the sizzling and extraordinary 4 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 missed aerial marks, the .5 goal kicking and the free kick exploits to the opposition. Shall require all of your "snake oil skin" sales skills.

The argument has never been whether Jarryd Blair is as good as Cyril Rioli. The argument has always been whether he is worthy of a modest one year contract in 2018 and is capable of being a suitable back up player in the event of injuries and form issues with the best 22. In that role, he was terrific for us in round 23 last year. i only have to go back to our most recent game to prove my point. and Kirby's performance in that same game proves why its important to have players come in where there isn't too much drop off. that is of course if you want to win games (and not get game time into kids while sacrificing performance - something i hate).

so my amigo, mi hombre, do you now see why you are still focused on all the wrong things?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
E wrote:
let it go pal

Good advice for you both. Just sayin'

Love...the mods team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER4srD951bw

inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 am

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

1. C'mon Kevin Connolly, you're really going to "low ball" Kayle Kirby's debut game as a reference point to keeping Blair??

2. Modest one year 2018 contract?? Didn't he get that in 2017 and somehow achieved his worst KPI's in his career and is sneakily offered an extension......

Facts 'Entourage man"

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:04 pm

masoncox wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

Inxs88 one of the great ironies of the jarrod blair role is his wonderful forward lead up time after time after time. When he should be front and square time after time after time. A midget as a lead up forward is just weird.

This is true, but we don't know why that happens.....to be fair, generally when Blair leads up, it cause there is no one else there to do it, you don't see him cutting off a forwards lead very often if at all.

So the question remains; is he leading up on coach's orders?

Or is it a case of you can't be front and square for an uncontested defensive mark.....well you could, but it wouldn't be a good look......and as such he leads cause there is no one else there when they should be

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
masoncox wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

Inxs88 one of the great ironies of the jarrod blair role is his wonderful forward lead up time after time after time. When he should be front and square time after time after time. A midget as a lead up forward is just weird.

This is true, but we don't know why that happens.....to be fair, generally when Blair leads up, it cause there is no one else there to do it, you don't see him cutting off a forwards lead very often if at all.

So the question remains; is he leading up on coach's orders?

Or is it a case of you can't be front and square for an uncontested defensive mark.....well you could, but it wouldn't be a good look......and as such he leads cause there is no one else there when they should be

Nothing new here, just keen for this topic not to die!!!

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is surely a comedy act now yeah? Your all pulling a leg here! Do you really think the Collingwood Football Club would feel the need to sneak a player onto the list?

Well done to my boy Blair, 7 pages of utter crap and ludicrous outbursts! He’s worth every cent of what ever he’s earning, maybe the other players chipped in so they are protected when they play a shit game!

I’m sure there will be at least one game when I upset everyone in the game day thread with

YEAH YEAH YEAH! GO BLAIR! SUCK SHIT EVERYONE!

Your reply is as bogan as your photo TV show profile. Low IQ and low class

Says the low class bogan bagging one of our few remaining premiership heroes!👌

Difficult to argue with ignorance, but it's 2018 next year not 2010. Time to look forward and base opinion on future input not historical glories.

so now you've gone from sledging a solid list player who deserves to play another season to insulting one of our finest posters. Think positive is a legend of these parts and you aren't worthy of licking her shoes!

Great to see you've self anointed yourself as the "moral arbiter" of all posters on Nicks! Pointless framing measured, considered and empirical posts that come from a position of "lets see our squad improve" then having to justify them against irrational comebacks. Sometimes Pies fans are blinded by the past and not the now! Strange.

i just want you to stop attacking posters. It just makes you look like a jerk.

In 2010, Blair was a valuable premiership player. in 2018, he is well worth a reasonable sensible contract paid to a back up player. Your conflation of these two issues continues to make you look belligerent in the face of total unanimity on this issue from other posters.

You have done something quite remarkable INXS88. You have united Nicks in support of Jarryd Blair. Something that seemed impossible 3 months ago. Good work!

The final word. Keep doing what you do Jarryd. Hopefully he cant get a game on merit and he will have performed his role beautifully. if he does get a game on merit, i'm glad he will be there to contribute his goal a game and give 100% effort ALL THE TIME.

Thread should have been locked after this post. Nothing more to say- plenty to drivel about.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:22 pm

He is unrestricted free agent in 2018 I think
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:55 pm

BazBoy wrote:
He is unrestricted free agent in 2018 I think

Correct.

He's a Collingwood player until at least the end of season 2018.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: