Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie’s 2018 Season Preview

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-08/which-academy-prospects-are-training-at-your-club

I see, only for one week.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:48 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-12-08/fasolo-set-for-surgery
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Greenwood having Minor Knee Surgery

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-12-19/greenwood-delayed-by-knee-complaint

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Yes, seems we have Pendles (finger), Elliott, Fasolo (shoulder), Greenwood (knee) and I think I read that McLarty may have done a knee also.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I had an annual family (pre) xmas lunch last weekend and got to catch up with a good friend, Gary Ayres. I quizzed him about our rookie selection Brody Mihocek, and he was full of praise for him. He said his biggest asset, apart from his strength and marking prowess, is his quick thinking. He said he's a natural leader and should do well if he gets an opportunity to play senior footy with the Pies. He said he's an absolute ripper of a lad, and would have been made vice captain at Port Melbourne this year, after winning their B&F in 2016. He said Collingwood had been tracking him for a couple of years.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I had an annual family (pre) xmas lunch last weekend and got to catch up with a good friend, Gary Ayres. I quizzed him about our rookie selection Brody Mihocek, and he was full of praise for him. He said his biggest asset, apart from his strength and marking prowess, is his quick thinking. He said he's a natural leader and should do well if he gets an opportunity to play senior footy with the Pies. He said he's an absolute ripper of a lad, and would have been made vice captain at Port Melbourne this year, after winning their B&F in 2016. He said Collingwood had been tracking him for a couple of years.

That's good news about Mihocek. Cheers for that. Two Brodies in the one team.

Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

That's good news about Mihocek. Cheers for that. Two Brodies in the one team.

The Two Brodies!

"And it's goodnight from me..."

"Aaaaand it's goodnight from him"
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:37 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Training resumes on Monday January 8th at 9:30AM going on the training times before Christmas. Training times are changed without notice so you could be unlucky going down to Holden centre and finding no-one there. Open training times are advertised on the club website if you want to be sure there is training on when you go.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Training tomorrow? Who’s going? Reports and pics would be great if anyone gets the chance. Thanks in advance.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:30 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwoods-ben-reid-set-to-start-2018-in-permanent-forward-role-to-help-unlock-pies-finals-potential/news-story/aaeba018adc02064b42132e60dde8081
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 am

RudeBoy wrote:

If Brody makes it in the AFL his one asset which will get him there is his quick thinking. A back needs to know when to stay on your opponent and when to move off your opponent. It's not the sort of thing a coach can teach a mature player. Dunn does it instinctively. Schade had all the attributes but quick thinking wasn't one of them and that's why I'm assuming we delisted him.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/tom-phillips-wins-collingwoods-timetrial-again-as-afl-players-return-to-preseason-training/news-story/47536462bbe42c33e792343fe4d26976
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 pm

8 Jan Training Report in post #1169: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mazzarjos-training-reports-dec-20-report-post-1160.1153261/page-47
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 pm

I'm thinking of going on Wednesday. If so I'll write a report.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I'm thinking of going on Wednesday. If so I'll write a report.

That would be great. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: