Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training 22 December

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:30 pm
Post subject: Training 22 DecemberReply with quote

No grundy, moore, C Brown, smith.. limited work for jordy and goldy did run throughs and kicked some set shots.

Got to see some limited corridor match simulation today, and it was VERY COMPETITIVE. Some bruising encounters and no leniency shown to any player. Focus on defensive work & trying to beat it, whilst everything is done with a team v team mentality. Never seen it so us vs them in any other pre-season before, and it's bringing out the warrior spirit in most.
Sando again fuelling this, as he loves to challenge the players. Looks like the head coach in a lot of drills.

Treloar took the votes today, was in a lot and his stoppage play was v good. Looking v strong and building his fitness.
Still pairing players off against a each other in similar positions, which has created a v competitive environment. Sorry to repeat, but it was the standout theme today and looks to be working wonders.

Pendles was smashed in a marking contest by Maynard at one stage, and did not like it. Gave him a push and said a few words, then demanded a '50' whilst other players just told him to get up... quite funny.

Adams is a beast on the track and has some serious white line fever about him. Roughed up Kirby at one stage, and is more than happy to give abuse when his side wins a contest. Do not mess. Will one day captain the club, which may not be too far away.

Jaidyn - electric. When he fills out he will be something special. Already one of the best runners at the club, sprints and distance. Won two team sprints in a row, one by a country mile. Is THE most exciting player when ball in hands already, so I can't wait for the day he debuts. Holds his own in the marking too, just needs the muscle to really match it with the senior boys. Goal kicking good too

Howe - took an absolute screamer.. that is all. It wasn't really all, is a beautiful kick in a lot of things, and is a true leader. V good player and key ingredient to our side, looks bigger too. Masterstoke recruiting him.

Murphy - quiet but impressed in patches again today. Played the fasolo role a bit, but not sure he's suited there just yet... pace and slight build not suited to the senior stuff. Reads the play so well though and gets open in defence / around the ground so easily. Is switched on and has that footy IQ where he just seems to be one move ahead of the game. Like.

Tyler found it again today and moves v nicely. Still likes to handball rather than kick, so will be interesting to see what happens here, but it's not letting him down. Will be quite a player in 2 years with an extra 10kgs I believe. Bookmark it.

Aish - quiet and bullied by treloar in one passage. Has a lot to do to make the grade, as the young sharks are circling and often look more impressive

Daicos - one such shark. Agility is outstanding and should feature this year. No reason why he can't become a mid, as he weaved around 3 opponents at one stage and delivered beautifully. These skills are so important in congestion, and his low centre of gravity makes him v hard to catch.

Langdon - did well today, won some key 4 v 3 duels and got plenty of praise for it. A good session.

Reid - played forward and did well as the key target. Kicked a few and his marking and experience are key. Mentoring McLarty quite a bit.

McLarty - well, what a difference 4 days can make...
Def not injured as he did everything today. Jogs with a restricted stride, but can be quick when required. Must have put a big weights session in yesterday, as was looking stronger, but still athletic. just gives 100% and doing well in the marking contests. Such a humble kid. Not disgraced against Reid, and his desire acts are right up there. Liked what I saw today, so I really hope he keeps developing. Dunn, Moore and Howe should be enough bigs down back for now, but he is putting himself in the mix. Still think 2019 and beyond will be when he starts to blossom..

Crisp - good
Dunn - solid
Kirby - getting fitter, nice kick.
Sidey - quiet
Magden - did some nice things again. Handy rookie, strong, high desire. Interesting
Maynard - good again. Fit. Midfield.
Cox - focal ruck / marking target
Shaz - smart, strong tackling, still a little bit quiet.
Murray - like. Good build, v vocal and has confidence.
Mayne - did well up forward, snagged a couple.. mature body, but again the pace, agility and non dominant height not in his favour.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aish - quiet and bullied by treloar in one passage. Has a lot to do to make the grade, as the young sharks are circling and often look more impressive

So going by that. Aish be a List Clogger next season and be a good part for the VFL Team

K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Training 22 DecemberReply with quote

cityslick1 wrote:
... limited work for jordy ...

Got to see some limited corridor match simulation today, and it was VERY COMPETITIVE. Some bruising encounters and no leniency shown to any player. Focus on defensive work & trying to beat it, whilst everything is done with a team v team mentality. Never seen it so us vs them in any other pre-season before, and it's bringing out the warrior spirit in most.
Sando again fuelling this, as he loves to challenge the players. Looks like the head coach in a lot of drills.

Pendles was smashed in a marking contest by Maynard at one stage, and did not like it. Gave him a push and said a few words, then demanded a '50' whilst other players just told him to get up... quite funny.

Thanks, cs1.

Are they trying to protect Jordy from being beaten up by Blair et al.??

The question is: was it a Pendles free?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Quote:
Jaidyn - electric. When he fills out he will be something special. Already one of the best runners at the club, sprints and distance. Won two team sprints in a row, one by a country mile. Is THE most exciting player when ball in hands already, so I can't wait for the day he debuts. Holds his own in the marking too, just needs the muscle to really match it with the senior boys

Murphy - quiet but impressed in patches again today. Played the fasolo role a bit, but not sure he's suited there just yet... pace and slight build not suited to the senior stuff. Reads the play so well though and gets open in defence / around the ground so easily. Is switched on and has that footy IQ where he just seems to be one move ahead of the game. Like.

Those 2 get me very excited how you Describe Them at Training

winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Thanks for the report cityslick1.

Cheers
Jeff

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:13 am

Yes and another thanks for your report/reveiw of training and the method

IMHO this training pitting teammate against teammate could produce a knowledge by each Collingwood player of his teammates strengths and weaknesses which can benefit when we start playing opponents

Example: If say Treloar understands that Tay Adams has a problem gathering
ball low on his left side then if he can he shoots a pass chest high to Tays right side

Just a thought 😀😀

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:25 am

A comment on the low gravity player —Daicos Snr had it and the best at this style (or natural) approach was the great John Greening

He could run flat out with his body (arms and hands almost pulling grass up

To watch him pick a ball up at pace ,straighten up then goal was increadable

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:20 am

Thanks for the report cityslick. Between you and WL we're being spoilt with information from the training track. Everything has been going well in training according to you both before the Christmas break apart from injury concerns with Elliot, Fasolo and Greenwood. I think we're far more advanced than where we were at the same time 12 months previously. The key for me is how the players return after the Christmas break when training resumes on January the 8th. That will show how much the players are committed to the training program. I'm assuming Kirby has learned from last year that conditioning doesn't end on the training track. Our new fitness guy seems to be doing a great job.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:07 am

Thanks mate
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 am

[quote="Dave The Man"]
Quote:

So going by that. Aish be a List Clogger next season and be a good part for the VFL Team[/quote
Wow one bad training session according to one poster and Aish is a list clogger

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 am

BazBoy wrote:
A comment on the low gravity player —Daicos Snr had it and the best at this style (or natural) approach was the great John Greening

He moved like a greyhound.
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

So going by that. Aish be a List Clogger next season and be a good part for the VFL Team

Jesus man, why not just cut him now. Rolling Eyes
K 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

He moved like a greyhound.

For PD it's an anatomical thing: (proportionally) short legs and long torso. Same for Didak.
I don't have this impression for JG, though. Maybe I should look at some pics to check.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Darryl “Doc” Baldock (Saints) played similar style and media and others
comments were it made him harder to tackle

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Just looked at JG high lites and there are some stoop Lo and run but also
he was a great mark too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: