Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#4 Brayden Maynard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

he may not be a recognized gun, but when you look at where the improvement in our team might realistically come from, there is a lot of hopes pinned on this kid.

those 60 meter darts onto the chest of a forward as he comes streaming out of the centre square brushing off mere mortals with his strength (as well as one or two goalS) per week off his own boot, are a tantalizing prospect.

Is it just me, or does he have the physique of a young Darren Millane (with his hardness to boot)? Again, i'm not suggesting he is as good as Darren Millane, but the kid is showing signs.

Full disclosure: for 2 years i was very critical of Nathan Buckley for the faith he continually showed in this kid. I thought that just because he kicks like Buckley doesn't mean the kid can play. really hoping to be proved MASSIVELY wrong on this one.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:59 am

E wrote:
those 60 meter darts onto the chest of a forward as he comes streaming out of the centre square brushing off mere mortals with his strength ...
Full disclosure: for 2 years i was very critical of Nathan Buckley for the faith he continually showed in this kid. I thought that just because he kicks like Buckley doesn't mean the kid can play. really hoping to be proved MASSIVELY wrong on this one.

Hmmm.... Interesting claim....
What is the right reaction: Surprised or Confused or Shocked or Embarassed , or ... ??
E 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:30 am

K wrote:
E wrote:
those 60 meter darts onto the chest of a forward as he comes streaming out of the centre square brushing off mere mortals with his strength ...

Hmmm.... Interesting claim....
What is the right reaction: Surprised or Confused or Shocked or Embarassed , or ... ??

i tried to put something for everyone in the post. The only this i couldn't do was add in a Jarryd Blair reference......

K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 am

E wrote:
K wrote:

i tried to put something for everyone in the post. The only this i couldn't do was add in a Jarryd Blair reference......

You're not allowed to make gratuitous Blair provocations, now that there is a recent, easily accessible, dedicated thread for him in which everyone can engage in such behaviour as much as they desire.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm

K wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:

You're not allowed to make gratuitous Blair provocations, now that there is a recent, easily accessible, dedicated thread for him in which everyone can engage in such behaviour as much as they desire.

fair enough, but you must have noted that the boy is training the house down this pre season. totally committed. I wonder if he's still in our best 22 come round 1.... i'm told that if he plays more than 5 games this year there is an automatic extension clause n his contract.....

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:00 pm

K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Apologies RB

Is a gun✅

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Son of a ... ?

I think that'd be pushing it too far (8 games, 8 losses).

Definitely not, but you could argue that he was the grandson of a gun. Graeme Campbell managed to play awfully well in a very poor side. (Fitzroy in the 50s)

K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Dr Pie wrote:
K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Apologies RB

Is a gun✅

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Son of a ... ?

I think that'd be pushing it too far (8 games, 8 losses).

Definitely not, but you could argue that he was the grandson of a gun. Graeme Campbell managed to play awfully well in a very poor side. (Fitzroy in the 50s)

Interesting. Thanks for that info, DP.

It would be interesting to investigate how much blood lines help improve your odds of having an AFL career.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 am

Great news that we've re-signed him.

I think he's going to become an excellent player for the club as he continues maturing and developing.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:11 pm

I like the signing of this kid.
He's hard as a cats head and won't shirk the contest for sure.
He showed on the last game of 2017 his home will be mainly midfield which is fine. He will win contested ball and tackle anything around him, clear paths for our skilled players and generally give you another in and under type.
His foot skills will improve as well he won't be under as much pressure like the backline.
I'm bullish about what he can become over the next couple years.
As a poster said earlier he can kick a big ball into the forward 50 from 60m out and capable of snagging a couple goals as well.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:15 pm

He's the sort of player that can be leadership material as he matures.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:38 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I like the signing of this kid.
He's hard as a cats head and won't shirk the contest for sure.
He showed on the last game of 2017 his home will be mainly midfield which is fine. He will win contested ball and tackle anything around him, clear paths for our skilled players and generally give you another in and under type.
His foot skills will improve as well he won't be under as much pressure like the backline.
I'm bullish about what he can become over the next couple years.
As a poster said earlier he can kick a big ball into the forward 50 from 60m out and capable of snagging a couple goals as well.

I'm hoping Maynard's rate of improvement next year is similar to Langdon's rate of improvement in the back half of this season and Sidey's improved leadership qualities when he stepped in to assume the captaincy from Pendles, when Pendles was injured.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:42 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Anyone have any thoughts on his kicking with his right foot?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 pm

What I like most about Maynard is his blindingly fast reactions when contesting for the ball. He's somehow managed to retain that natural instinctiveness that all good footy players have as youngsters. Most get it trained out of them as they get out of their teens and become more mechanical as they think more before deciding what to do. But watching replays of the 2017 season it seems Maynard knows what he's going to do before he gets the ball. And he does it with fierce intensity. Must scare the shit out of opposition players (it would me). Just needs to knock off a few more rough edges and he will flower into one of the greats, not just of Collingwood but of the game.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 am
Post subject: Magnificent Mighty MaynardReply with quote

I tipped three years ago this lad will become a modern day Collingwood legend, Copelands Brownlows Norm Smiths await this ferocious warrior
....Looks like something from our glorious machine 1920's era..I believe Magnificent Mighty Maynard is our typical robust tough black and white madman that belongs on the back line, He played down back in Moe and i couldn't help feel that's where he belongs scaring the shite out of all and sundry Tough can read the play good kick....Gotta love this bloke Smile

Thoughts ?

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 am

One of my faves too. Always in the thick of it and doesn’t back down. If he keeps improving and maintains the aggression he will be part of the backbone of the team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 17 of 40   

Jump to: