Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tom Lynch to Collingwood in 2019?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I will mention that to my , what you want going to games live something I did or had the chance to do until recent years so I'm comfortable to barrack from the lounge room as I used to listening on the radio live TV games is not something I.
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:21 am

Daz wrote:
themonk wrote:
If you believe the rumours that he's a pies fan and he wants to come home then we are the obvious choice.

If he's not a pies fan then one would think Richmond are frontrunners.

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/dennis-cometti-lynch-values-gold-highly-ng-ya-113620

Quote:
'''''' Who did you barrack for as a kid?

I was a Collingwood supporter. My last game supporting them was the 2010 grand final replay. Then I quit while I was on top. I actually went to that game. Not too competitive but I really enjoyed it.

'''''' Who was your favourite player?

Nathan Buckley. I couldn’t go past him. I also enjoyed the big forwards like Rocca, Fraser and Tarrant.

That'll do me Very Happy
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:11 am

Yes, his best is very good and worth the $1m+ mark. A young leader, straight kick and power marking forward will command that sort of coin in the modern age.

Pendles is elite, but not the line breaker that Dangerfield and Martin are. Even Dangerfield is not on $1m a season.

Would be a game changer for our team potentially.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Yes, his best is very good and worth the $1m+ mark. ...

Pendles is elite, but not the line breaker that Dangerfield and Martin are. Even Dangerfield is not on $1m a season.

Dangerfield was reported to be in the $800k/yr range this year -- damn Geelong! -- though his contract is apparently tied to the TPP, i.e. it will rise with it.
Beams is also on $800k/yr -- bless Brisbane. Wink

Actually, Pendles was reported to be one of the $1m/yr men.
Meanwhile, Lynch's current deal ('17-'18 ) is another one in the $800k/yr range.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Dangerfield will makes more off field when he retires than he will now hence him wanting to be back in Victoria.
I don't think Pendles is on a million a year he may do with outside income streams but not from the cap
Beams deal was far more generous than the $800k K I can tell you it's over $900k plus some incentives KPI's his father told me when he signed if he met everything in his deal would be over $950k a season on average for 6 years

Lynch will command a million or more a season no matter where he goes or if he stays there
K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
K wrote:

Dangerfield was reported to be in the $800k/yr range this year -- damn Geelong! -- though his contract is apparently tied to the TPP, i.e. it will rise with it.

Meanwhile, Lynch's current deal ('17-'18 ) is another one in the $800k/yr range.

Dangerfield will makes more off field when he retires than he will now hence him wanting to be back in Victoria.
I don't think Pendles is on a million a year he may do with outside income streams but not from the cap
Beams deal was far more generous than the $800k K I can tell you it's over $900k plus some incentives KPI's his father told me when he signed if he met everything in his deal would be over $950k a season on average for 6 years

Thanks for the Beams info, QM67. A sweet deal (even if injuries prevent him getting the bonuses).

The media reports were based on info the AFL released. What I think the AFL probably gave was salary bands, e.g. something like "more than $800k but less than $1m", etc. It's easy for the media wording then to change to "around $800k".

Of course, the AFL gave just the numbers, not the identities of the players, so the media had to work out who they thought was who. According to the AFL, there are (or were at the time) 6 players with salaries above $1m/yr. The media thought these were Buddy, Boyd (both over $1.2m/yr), Ablett, Fyfe, Nic Nat & Pendlebury.

I guess that seems plausible. If we're really tight in terms of salary-cap space, as is persistently claimed, it has to be going somewhere. Of course, another possibility is that we're simply stockpiling space for Lynch...
E 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:27 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
K wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
Yes, his best is very good and worth the $1m+ mark. ...

Lynch will command a million or more a season no matter where he goes or if he stays there

That's not true re Dangerfield. Dangerfield just wanted to move back to Dangerfield town (a small town near fairhaven). The family is really close and they are legendary in those parts (the rumor is that when 25 sharks were spotted off the coast last year, Danger was out there on a kayak fishing among them). Pretty sure that wasn't true but the legend of the family is such that everyone believed it as fact.

He loves his footy, but he loves his lifestyle down there much, much more. And $800k per year to live down there is a pretty darn good salary.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:19 am

If we have to start bribing players to play for us, our club is truly stuffed. Treloar and Aish had better offers from other clubs, but came to us because they love the facilities here and love playing for Buckley. If Lynch comes to us next year he'll be set up for life when he retires. We don't have to pay him a million plus a year for the pleasure of playing for us. If that's what he wants he's a mercenary and we'd be better off pursuing KPP's in next year's draft.
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:24 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
If we have to start bribing players to play for us, our club is truly stuffed. Treloar and Aish had better offers from other clubs, but came to us because they love the facilities here and love playing for Buckley. If Lynch comes to us next year he'll be set up for life when he retires. We don't have to pay him a million plus a year for the pleasure of playing for us. If that's what he wants he's a mercenary and we'd be better off pursuing KPP's in next year's draft.

agreed, however with a little luck if we can show some progress in the next 12 months we are in an excellent position to recruit Lynch next year and maybe even Cameron the year after, both huge Pies fans and one can assume Buckley fans.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:34 am

stui magpie wrote:
I'll start thinking about Lynch in october 2018. Way too much water to go under the bridge before then. Confused Rolling Eyes

Yeah, his favourite former player might coaching the Suns by the end of 2018 if it all goes to custard by then. Laughing

K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I'll start thinking about Lynch in october 2018. Way too much water to go under the bridge before then. Confused Rolling Eyes

Yeah, his favourite former player might coaching the Suns by the end of 2018 if it all goes to custard by then. Laughing

Custard for whom? The Suns?
E 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:24 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Isnt part of it something to do with the fact that he is a restricted free agent? wouldnt at least part of the equation be to ensure that the offer isnt matched?

mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:42 pm

K wrote:
Okay, let's pretend we get him. Is he worth the reported $1.3m/yr this would cost? Specifically, is he mobile enough for the way the game has been heading?? Thoughts, Nicksters?

Was Tony Lockett mobile enough??? Probably not we thought and let him go.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Signs point to yes.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45 pm

mudlark wrote:
K wrote:
Okay, let's pretend we get him. Is he worth the reported $1.3m/yr this would cost? Specifically, is he mobile enough for the way the game has been heading?? Thoughts, Nicksters?

Was Tony Lockett mobile enough??? Probably not we thought and let him go.

Yeah, I have actually wondered exactly how he would go in today's game...

Do you recall, even in his time, there were questions about whether he and Jason Dunstall could fit in the same team? (How a Queenslander qualifies to play in the same team is another question...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: