Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The key to our success in 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pies4shaw"]It's good that Cox is improving. He may soon be able to offer as much as marking target as, say, Gault did up forward.

Grundy is on the cusp of dominating the competition because his stats say he is already doing so. Cox is on the cusp of playing 4 games in a row.

Always happy to Hear of the great man ! Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 am

double Gault

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:44 am

The key to sucess in 2018 is winning games.
Lock that in.
If we bolt ahead we can fasten our futures in playing finals and unchain our potential.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Lock that in.
If we bolt ahead we can fasten our futures in playing finals and unchain our potential.

And if we can win just, say, three or four finals, we could have a really good season. Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Lock that in.

And if we can win just, say, three or four finals, we could have a really good season. Wink

You're starting to get the picture.

It's simple really: Just score more than the opposition.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm

I don't think Grundy Cox is the key we need - Our problems were more to do with clean avenues into the forward line - we were so much a better side with Wells in there.
I think our key is to keep Wells on the field and get better faster flow out of defense. I'm hoping the Crisp switch will help but also some of our hard runners getting more reliable by foot.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Sorry Glasseye, can you please tell me what the Crisp switch is? Agree that delivery into F50 is of paramount importance.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Sorry Glasseye, can you please tell me what the Crisp switch is? Agree that delivery into F50 is of paramount importance.

This,

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-12-12/crisp-plans-for-permanent-switch
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 am

If you believe Ned Guy, Murray will be playing a lot of senior games off the half back line in 2018. Assuming Crisp is playing off the half back line next year as well, you wonder where the rest of the defenders fit in. Langdon and Scharenberg aren't going anywhere. Dunn is a lock in at FB. That fits in only one more defender to play in the backline. Maynard I assume, is going to be spending a lot of time playing in the midfield. The plan could be to play Goldsack or Howe at CHB. Goldsack is better suited as a defensive forward in my view and Howe prefers working off the half back line to playing a central key back role. In any case, Talls aren't the problem in our backline. Our problem is lack of leg speed off the half back line. That's why we gave a fair bit away to recruit Murray.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 am

I still can't get over the fact you think we have a dearth of KPP Rudey. Dunn,Moore,Reid ,Cox McClarty,with a couple of youngster waiting in the wings ,is as good a list as most clubs havens of course Grundy will probably rest at FF more this year as it now appears certain Cox will be a regular. I see no problems at all.We have a host of very talented mids and our medium running stocks are high. Injuries and poor selection choices are what will hold us back.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:49 am

i don't think its certain at all that cox will play!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:02 am

E wrote:
i don't think its certain at all that cox will play!

I think you will find that part of the agreement with Cox and his new playing contract with the club is to be give significant game time at AFL level. If the club didn't give him this assurance he was off to Brisbane.

Bucks has reflected on the last game win against Melbourne where we spoilt their party and has indicated that is an insight into our future game plan.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:06 am

Kicking Higher Scores that our Oppostion
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm

mudlark wrote:
I still can't get over the fact you think we have a dearth of KPP Rudey. Dunn,Moore,Reid ,Cox McClarty,with a couple of youngster waiting in the wings ,is as good a list as most clubs havens of course Grundy will probably rest at FF more this year as it now appears certain Cox will be a regular. I see no problems at all.We have a host of very talented mids and our medium running stocks are high. Injuries and poor selection choices are what will hold us back.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying mudlark. I don't think we are lacking KPPs at all. I simply said that many outsiders, consider we are short of them. What we are lacking however, is a proven winning FF/CHF combination. So all I'm suggesting is if Cox continues on from his good form at the end of last season, then these apparent key forward deficiencies will be eradicated. If McLarty comes on, we'll have plenty of defensive talls, allowing either Reid or Moore to be used up front, alongside players like Stephenson, Elliott, Fasolo, Hoskin-Elliott, Kirby and Daicos. To me, there is a lot riding on the expected upside from Cox. If, as expected, he continues to improve, then we can storm into top 4 contention next season. If he fails, then we will need to go back to the drawing board.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying mudlark. I don't think we are lacking KPPs at all. I simply said that many outsiders, consider we are short of them. What we are lacking however, is a proven winning FF/CHF combination. So all I'm suggesting is if Cox continues on from his good form at the end of last season, then these apparent key forward deficiencies will be eradicated. If McLarty comes on, we'll have plenty of defensive talls, allowing either Reid or Moore to be used up front, alongside players like Stephenson, Elliott, Fasolo, Hoskin-Elliott, Kirby and Daicos. To me, there is a lot riding on the expected upside from Cox. If, as expected, he continues to improve, then we can storm into top 4 contention next season. If he fails, then we will need to go back to the drawing board.

Yep.Gotcha.I concur.I'm keen to see Cox at Ff and leave Moore atCHF with Grundy and Cox changing at FF.I reckon that would stretch most sides.I think Cox is a very, very committed individual and a good preseason along with his last 3 games of this season will see him advance rapidly.He's a pretty handy tap ruckman as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: