Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Darcy Moore going to the backline in 2018?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Moore does not Sound Happy with Collingwood and Bucks. Hope this not a Sign that Darcy could leave the Club for a Better Club/Better Opportunities

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/peter-moore-questions-pies-game-plan-and-says-nathan-buckley-needs-to-fix-issues/news-story/c7048c1dfcfef2d450d8243a25d4d077?nk=911025fa563fdcb9bcf2fa2aab32dadd-1513060338

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 pm

One of the potential drawbacks of father/son —dad sometimes feels his son not treated the way he sees it
Tony Shaw voice opinions on his relative Rhys
Then Dave Cloke put it his penny’s worth

Rowdy and Peter Daicos are quiet at present

Butt out and let things happen whatever

K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Peter Moore does not Sound Happy with Collingwood and Bucks. Hope this not a Sign that Darcy could leave the Club for a Better Club/Better Opportunities

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/peter-moore-questions-pies-game-plan-and-says-nathan-buckley-needs-to-fix-issues/news-story/c7048c1dfcfef2d450d8243a25d4d077?nk=911025fa563fdcb9bcf2fa2aab32dadd-1513060338

No, I don't think that's the case, Dave. The headline is a real beat-up, which made Peter sound like David C. The article itself didn't give me that impression, and I'm guessing that's even more true of the whole radio interview that was their entire source. (It's amazing that the HS can get away with articles that are entirely quotes of other people's work.) I thought the most interesting parts were just what I quoted on the previous page.

Okay, I just found the interview (but haven't listened to it):
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/12/12/pies-game-style-doesnt-aid-forwards-moore/

It's with Michael Christian, so I doubt this is anti-Pie in any way. Wow, it's about 40 minutes long. There may be a lot of interest in it.

"Playing in the backline's bloody easy."
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:37 pm

That be a Stupid Idea sending Moore Back?

Are we just going to have all Tall Backs and Midget Forward Line?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:20 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Cox is 7 ft 12 inches and Reid is no dwarf. That's hardly a midget forward line Dave. Chill Dave, it will all work itself out.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Before we get into a tangle and blame Nathan Buckley for what Peter Moore said about his son, we need to put things into perspective. The success of the last three premiership sides is based on defense and rebound football off the half back line. Tall forwards have been taking a back seat ride in modern AFL footy and if Peter Moore was playing today, he would be getting much more of the footy in the middle of the ground than on the forward line. Nathan Buckley is right experimenting with Darcy Moore behind the ball. He could still make it as a forward. In fact he is one of those players who could play all over the field but he still needs to build up his tank to be able to play out games. He is 2-3 years away from peaking in my view.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 pm

^^ Yeah, Peter stated his opinion that Darcy would be able to play on the wing (as well as forward, back & ruck).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Cox is 7 ft 12 inches and Reid is no dwarf. That's hardly a midget forward line Dave. Chill Dave, it will all work itself out.

Cox is near 7 foot.

For the other 12 inches, we'd have to ask his girlfriend. Shocked

K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

We can only hope we're fortunate enough to have the services of our one midget forward. At the moment, he's recovering from peeing in bins and ankle surgery.
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am

The herald sun presented or put their spin on this [fake news] making a mountain out of a molehill,
It’s well worth taking the time to listen to the whole 40 odd minutes and not just believe their crap story.
The interview with Peter Moore was about his career and things he went through in his time,
he made comments about what he thought regarding Darcy, noting clearly that he has no say, just his opinion.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 am

Don't see how anyone can take the herald Slum seriously when their chief football writer is Slobbo.

No harm really in giving the lad a shot at CHB. He can always be moved if it don't work out. Peter McCormack came to us a full forward. And of course Chris Tarrant. It is not stupid at all DTM.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

if Reid and Cox are our two forward options, our kicking skills are going to have to drastically improve because its not like either of them have ANY mobility and if they dont mark EVERYTHING we'd be fairly screwed on the rebound.

Unless of course we add Blair and Goldsack to the forward mix for their above average defensive forward pressure skills!

If Moore is leaving the forward line, i'd be sure to offer Blair a new one year deal (with a secret extension clause that we don't tell our fans about).

K 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:42 am

magpieazza wrote:
Thats why elusive, quick agile forwards are at a premium. They are needed to score goals by weaving through congested forward lines.

Which brings me to Liverpool.

Liverpool play with 4 of the best forwards going around...Coutinho, Firmino, EPL leading goal scorer Salah and Sadio Mane....all established elite world class players.
Opposition teams stack their backlines ( park the bus ) and try to come out of games against Liverpool with Nil all Draws.

So this year we have not just 1 or 2 elite forwards but we have 4!! and teams just cant contain us at present, barring a couple hiccups but the Liverpool way is attack attack and attack.

If we had a forward line stacked with 4 or 5 elusive elite forwards then I bet we would score more than we would concede.

Food for thought.

magpieazza, how did Liverpool obtain all those elite forwards? The first thought that comes to mind is that, with no salary cap to worry about, they just opened their chequebook and spent whatever it took. Presumably, they did not have to save up by getting by with el cheapo defenders.

Secondly, what formation is Liverpool typically employing in games?

Thirdly, on " elusive, quick agile forwards", in the world game it's always been almost mandatory for a striker to be quick and agile to be successful (Klose notwithstanding). But in our game, there's vastly more freedom to go tall or small with the forward line. Thoughts?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm

K wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
Thats why elusive, quick agile forwards are at a premium. They are needed to score goals by weaving through congested forward lines.

Which brings me to Liverpool.

Liverpool play with 4 of the best forwards going around...Coutinho, Firmino, EPL leading goal scorer Salah and Sadio Mane....all established elite world class players.
Opposition teams stack their backlines ( park the bus ) and try to come out of games against Liverpool with Nil all Draws.

So this year we have not just 1 or 2 elite forwards but we have 4!! and teams just cant contain us at present, barring a couple hiccups but the Liverpool way is attack attack and attack.

If we had a forward line stacked with 4 or 5 elusive elite forwards then I bet we would score more than we would concede.

Food for thought.

magpieazza, how did Liverpool obtain all those elite forwards? The first thought that comes to mind is that, with no salary cap to worry about, they just opened their chequebook and spent whatever it took. Presumably, they did not have to save up by getting by with el cheapo defenders.

Secondly, what formation is Liverpool typically employing in games?

Thirdly, on " elusive, quick agile forwards", in the world game it's always been almost mandatory for a striker to be quick and agile to be successful (Klose notwithstanding). But in our game, there's vastly more freedom to go tall or small with the forward line. Thoughts?

Actually Liverpool bought in Mane last season and Salah this year, without having to pay extravagantly for either. While other teams spend fortunes on individual forwards, Jurgen Klopp's approach is to develop a team method. So Liverpool's current 'fab 4' work as a unit, and are proving pretty invincible. However, like Collingwood, their weakness seems to be the lack of one of two top line quality defenders.

As an aside, Liverpool FC was formed in 1892, the same year as Collingwood, and their motto 'You'll never walk alone' mirrors our 'Side by side we stick togther'. Go Reds....and Go Pies!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Cox is near 7 foot.

For the other 12 inches, we'd have to ask his girlfriend. Shocked

Hard to talk with a tickle in the tonsil.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: