Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report 11th December

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love reading these reports, look forward to them every week! Thanks again Lad!
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers for the report lad, compulsory reading.

looking ahead a little, you commented favourably on the 2 potential 2018 draftees, Kelly and Quaynor.

Kelly I believe is a key back, Quaynor more of a mid sized utility (?)

Did they participate in the match Sim? If so, where did they play and how did they go?

From what you saw, what would you describe as their strengths and areas for improvement?

Thank you Mr Stui Magpie.

Kelly was well and truly outmatched by Moore in match-sim (got caught ball-watching a few times), but when they went head-to-head, Kelly was most competitive in the air- the twelve months until he is drafted would be wisely spent adding bulk to an impressive frame. He already has good leg speed and has the happy knack of choosing good targets (and hitting them).

Quaynor is someone who is absolutely up for the contest. He is relatively quick and has a good turn of speed. As I wrote last week, he has Chad Lidell's thighs, Gwilt's speed and a lovely head of hair. He is the best player that I have ever seen (from Ghana). Isaac has good disposal skills and is a player who appears willing and able to take advice from all and sundry. His area for improvement would simply be to continue to practice the kicking skills and blocking skills so essential in today's game.

Both young men appear to be very exciting prospects.

I hope that answers your queries, sir.

FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks for another Awesome training report WL.
It's Much Appreciated!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 pm

That's great news on those prospective 2018 draftees Laddy.

Seriously mate, your training reports are pure gold for those of us unable/unwilling to journey down to watch them train each week. With the season still so far off, you are keeping a lot of us excited about our prospects for the coming season. Thanks again....and keep 'em coming!

Season's greetings to you and your family. Cheers
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:29 pm

KenH wrote:
Love reading these reports, look forward to them every week! Thanks again Lad!

Me too! just love reading positive reports on our pies ....... Builds excitement and really you can't wait to see tehm take the field soon enough. Thanks for the angle on the newbies. Very Happy
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm

WWWL.

Wonderful, Wonderful Waburton Lad.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 pm

warburton lad wrote:
K wrote:
Thanks, WLad.

There were question marks over Murphy's pace. Was anything noticeable regarding this? e.g. in one-on-one contests, did his opponent ever burst away from him, or vice versa?

Take this to the bank, K- Murphy is not slow. He has quite a turn of speed and he has excellent endurance- needs a crash course on protein shakes though.

A very good pick up.

That's very encouraging to hear, WL. Murphy's 2km 6:21 (from memory) at the Combine was good, but his 20m sprint was glacial. P16, though, got inside info that he was suffering the effects of injury and concussion. I think I could have attained his 20m time running backwards. But if I were concussed, maybe I would be running backwards.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:47 pm

warburton lad wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Cheers for the report lad, compulsory reading.

looking ahead a little, you commented favourably on the 2 potential 2018 draftees, Kelly and Quaynor.

Kelly I believe is a key back, Quaynor more of a mid sized utility (?)

Did they participate in the match Sim? If so, where did they play and how did they go?

From what you saw, what would you describe as their strengths and areas for improvement?

Thank you Mr Stui Magpie.

Kelly was well and truly outmatched by Moore in match-sim (got caught ball-watching a few times), but when they went head-to-head, Kelly was most competitive in the air- the twelve months until he is drafted would be wisely spent adding bulk to an impressive frame. He already has good leg speed and has the happy knack of choosing good targets (and hitting them).

Quaynor is someone who is absolutely up for the contest. He is relatively quick and has a good turn of speed. As I wrote last week, he has Chad Lidell's thighs, Gwilt's speed and a lovely head of hair. He is the best player that I have ever seen (from Ghana). Isaac has good disposal skills and is a player who appears willing and able to take advice from all and sundry. His area for improvement would simply be to continue to practice the kicking skills and blocking skills so essential in today's game.

Both young men appear to be very exciting prospects.

I hope that answers your queries, sir.

Thank you sir, something to look forward to it seems. Very Happy

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Beautiful work, thanks. Even here in London, under half an inch of snow, I could smell the cut grass. Id say the 2018 flags in the bag. I wonder if well go back to back ?
ip address 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 pm
Post subject: Warburton LadReply with quote

Warburton Lad,

A fabulous report again. Much appreciated!

You mention "Today, Treloar practises pushing-off at ball up scenarios whilst roving to Mason Cox whose palmistry is a thing to behold. In this art, he is instructed by Buddha Hocking who urges him to be aggressive and use his pace to burst clear of the stoppages. Lynch relieves Cox and there is little diminution in the quality of service to the brilliant number seven. The quality of Treloar's capacity to work off an aggressive opponent, gather cleanly and dispose of the ball with precision has 'Chas. Brownlow Medal' written all over it."

I'm an unashamed Treloar fan as he's my personal favourite since Dids.

He went through a lot 'personally' this year and still did reasonably well. Here's hoping he keeps improving and goes to a higher level as a player.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Love your work Lad Cool

Especially the high opinions you have of Maynard and our massive unit. Like Cox, I feel this bloke is integral to the magpie machine which continues to gain momentum Very Happy

Thankyou kind Sir Exclamation

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 am

I reckon that bloke plays or did play in the Ringwood district CA where it is the Trollope shield formerly known as the Chandler Shield. Lindsay Trollope was a customer of my Dad and also in the same church. He was with Mooroolbark for years and secretary of the RDCA for years. Mad Richmond supporter but that aside a a very fair man. Died early this year so missed the tigers flag.

Dellamarta's dad ran the Yarra hotel in the early 80s. He worked there. Went to Melbourne and then drifted off to suburban footy.

Love your reports Warby. I used to catch the train every weekday morning from Lilydale to the city when my mum worked at Olex cable. Always got a seat and would read the sports in the The Sun and then go to sleep at Box Hill and wake up at Richmond. Used to spend a lot of time on Sundays at the pubs out there. Wesburn, Warburton, Launching place, Healesville, Marysville , Woori Yallock ,Warburton etc. Used to go mushrooming with the family and then go for Sunday lunch as we all worked 6 days a week.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:29 am

Will the club have a intra club practice match early next year prior to the pre season competition

With Elliot and Faz unable to compete be interested who may step up to the plate and fill the void

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 am

Always enjoyable with some great observations and sly giggles in there Mr Lad it sounds like McLarty could become a real weapon for us.He showed some great signs last year in the VFL.

www.facebook/the hybernators
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am

Excellent report as always W.Lad, much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: