Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^All has been fine over in the Middle East as they have basically been divided. Now the Muslims will become united in one go. I say job well done.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:11 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:
Jezza wrote:
I'm still waiting for those opposing the travel ban to condemn 16 muslim-majority countries banning Israeli citizens from visiting their respective countries.

The silence is deafening.

I condemn it, sure. Saudi Arabia also stones people to death and pushes gay people off buildings, but one expects a little better from a wealthy secular democracy.

So you're happy for people who've grown up in that culture and believe in it to come here? That's part of the cultural assimilation problem isn't it?

There are people born and bred here with all manner of beliefs. Some Christians (hi Mum and Dad!) would be happy to live in a Christian theocracy in which people are stoned to death. But ultimately such beliefs are inconsequential because they are not the law of the land and not remotely likely to be. One of the paradoxes of liberal democracy is that, in order to function properly, it must have the capacity for a broad plurality of beliefs, including terrible ones.

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/trump-to-declare-jerusalem-as-israels-capital/news-story/6f16170f8ceec70d7e2f10a9659309a1

An increase in arm sales is no doubt behind this decision. Any war is good for the US economy.

Interestingly, this has actually been law in the US since 95, previous POTUS's have just dodged it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

Dodged for good reason, I suspect (i.e. not wanting to treat world affairs like a bull in a china shop).

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am

David wrote:

There are people born and bred here with all manner of beliefs. Some Christians (hi Mum and Dad!) would be happy to live in a Christian theocracy in which people are stoned to death. But ultimately such beliefs are inconsequential because they are not the law of the land and not remotely likely to be. One of the paradoxes of liberal democracy is that, in order to function properly, it must have the capacity for a broad plurality of beliefs, including terrible ones.

Your parents would sanction people being stoned to death ? Really ? Shocked

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

David, are you sure they're not just old hippies and you misinterpreted "stoned to death".
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Just the typical Trump stunt to try and take focus off the F.B.I. investigation which seemingly is creeping ever so slightly closer to nailing him or a family member over ties to Russian government officials.

Call me a cynic but I'm sure it wont hurt his business dealings either when he leaves office.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

They believe that the Bible is the word of God, yes.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Just the typical Trump stunt to try and take focus off the F.B.I. investigation which seemingly is creeping ever so slightly closer to nailing him or a family member over ties to Russian government officials.

Call me a cynic but I'm sure it wont hurt his business dealings either when he leaves office.
You are a cynic Shocked Razz I agree Laughing
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:17 pm

David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

But that is not quite the same as condoning stoning. “Let he among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone”, etc. ...?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Culprit wrote:
^^All has been fine over in the Middle East as they have basically been divided. Now the Muslims will become united in one go. I say job well done.

Personally I say fck the Palestinians and muslims, Jersusalem was the capital of Israel long before the Muslims moved in. Dancing around the subject has achieved far call in the last 50 years, let's see what happens now.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Personally I say fck the Palestinians and muslims, Jersusalem was the capital of Israel long before the Muslims moved in. Dancing around the subject has achieved far call in the last 50 years, let's see what happens now.

Truganini’s family likes that logic.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 pm

If Islam is the religion of peace then why is anybody worried about angry Muslims getting violent?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Impeachment vote fails overwhelmingly Laughing

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/trump-impeachment-vote-fail-282888

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
David wrote:

But that is not quite the same as condoning stoning. “Let he among you who is without sin, let him cast the first stone”, etc. ...?

I remember discussing that passage in a Bible study one Saturday afternoon – my father (likely quite correctly) pointed out that the line was an admonition against vigilante retribution, not justice enacted by the state.

Stoning, by the way, is prescribed as the preferred method of enforcing justice in several Old Testament verses; for instance, Deuteronomy 17:2–7

Quote:
If there is found in your midst, in any of your towns, which the LORD your God is giving you, a man or a woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, by transgressing His covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the heavenly host, which I have not commanded, and if it is told you and you have heard of it, then you shall inquire thoroughly. Behold, if it is true and the thing certain that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has done this evil deed to your gates, that is, the man or the woman, and you shall stone them to death. "On the evidence of two witnesses or three witnesses, he who is to die shall be put to death; he shall not be put to death on the evidence of one witness." The hand of the witnesses shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm

Donald Trump: Promise Keeper

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politics/donald-trump-promises-kept/index.html
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm

I can promise to bare my arse in public and follow through with it.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea for me or the wider public who are in full view.

How exactly does Trump believe moving the embassy has any actual positive benefit for the people who have to live within that region and fast forward peace talks?

It probably benefits right wing zionist Jews and that's all.

Just like his connections with Putin this just reeks of a decision made for the benefit of brand Trump post his Presidency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 58 of 222   

Jump to: