Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finally, we appear to have depth!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Way I see it

I hope you're right.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:17 am

E, I think a 20% improvement from ANY of these players is too optimistic.
All players across the AFL should be aiming for a 5% improvement each year, or chances are they are out the door by seasons end.
A 10% improvement from any of these players would probably exceed expectations.[/quote]

I think Cox is capable given his background. Some may not improve 20 percent such as Sharenberg and Kirby etc bit their output my if that makes sense. As other players learn patterns and what their capability is. The move of Moore to the back half may also get a result around that mark.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:48 am

ronrat wrote:
E, I think a 20% improvement from ANY of these players is too optimistic.
All players across the AFL should be aiming for a 5% improvement each year, or chances are they are out the door by seasons end.
A 10% improvement from any of these players would probably exceed expectations.

I think Cox is capable given his background. Some may not improve 20 percent such as Sharenberg and Kirby etc bit their output my if that makes sense. As other players learn patterns and what their capability is. The move of Moore to the back half may also get a result around that mark.[/quote]

Really? You don't think Grundy improved 20% from 2016 to 2017? I think he improved even more than that. Same for Maynard. Exponential improvement.

Kids go from brilliance in small patches to consistency across 4 quarters. They go from not having the tank to run out a game to having a tank to run out the game and the go from too light and easily brushed off the ball to fierce! 20% is such a small amount of improvement for a kid.

For example, if Kirby improves to a goal a game pocket who gets 5 touches and applies modest defensive pressure for 3 quarters, i would say that is a 200% improvement over what we have seen.

If Moore takes the next step as i expect where we can expect Joe Daniher type output, that would be a 50% improvement (right now he does it in bursts but not consistent enough - or strong enough).

i think you'll be surprised what happens to a team when the kids start entering their peak years. I think we started to see it towards the end of last year and i think you'll see it in spades this coming season.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:20 am

Piedys said that not me.I was quoting him. I was saying 20 percent is certainly achievable.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 am

As we expect/ want improvements there are sides that were above us that expect exactly same

Trying to think positive

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:28 pm

I think the key word in the thread title is appear.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:01 pm

ronrat wrote:
Piedys said that not me.I was quoting him. I was saying 20 percent is certainly achievable.

It's a hard thing to measure. About the only stat I can think of that could do it is CD points and yep, 20+ % jumps happen every year. there'd have to be at least 10 across the league. 10% jumps are nothing special

We've got a bunch of our talented players at about the right age, having played about the right number of games to take off. I'm quietly hopeful
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:36 pm

We have no key forwards, can we improve this year? we should but we still need to recruit or draft a key forward.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:48 am

themonk wrote:
We have no key forwards, can we improve this year? we should but we still need to recruit or draft a key forward.

Let's see how big Cox goes shall we?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 am

Geek wrote:
ronrat wrote:

It's a hard thing to measure. About the only stat I can think of that could do it is CD points and yep, 20+ % jumps happen every year. there'd have to be at least 10 across the league. 10% jumps are nothing special

We've got a bunch of our talented players at about the right age, having played about the right number of games to take off. I'm quietly hopeful

You can complicate it even further by saying that players go through good patches and bad patches during the one season, so improvement is relative from one game to the next game, while overall improvement is a progression from one season to the next season. For instance I thought Maynard was poor midseason and could have been dropped, so if you measure improvement from that point of the midseason, you could say he went backwards from the previous season. By the end of the season Maynard was pushing into the midfield and is one of those players you could say improved 20% over the previous season.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 am

Oh yeah, we were talking about the stat he or she can think of that could do it is CD points and yes 20+ % jumps happen every year .
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 am

RudeBoy wrote:
themonk wrote:

Let's see how big Cox goes shall we?

Cox is a work around, not a permanent solution.

I suspect Reid and maybe Goldsack are our targets in the forward line along with numerous medium sized players in DeGoey, Hoskin-Elliot, Kirby, Elliot, Fasolo, Wells & Stephenson.

Cameos from Grundy & Cox, depending on the opposition & conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: