Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are Jaidyn and Nathan AFL ready

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:06 am
Post subject: Are Jaidyn and Nathan AFL readyReply with quote

Jaidyn should take the 35 jumper from McLarty so wonder what next

McLarty played all year in VFL and my curiosity has me wondering if Jaidyn leap frogs McLarty or will he be nurtured thru a full VFL season

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

These days, there aren't many top 10 mid field picks who don't play senior footy in the first year. I wouldn't think Stephenson would be any different.
It's not like he needs to break into a great side to get a game.

There is no need for Murphy to be rushed. He's still underdone in terms of development and we have others on the list who are of similar type to him ( kinda )
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 am
Post subject: Re: Are Jaidyn and Nathan AFL readyReply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Jaidyn should take the 35 jumper from McLarty so wonder what next

McLarty played all year in VFL and my curiosity has me wondering if Jaidyn leap frogs McLarty or will he be nurtured thru a full VFL season

Apples and oranges I reckon.

Big blokes usually take longer to be AFL ready, so McLarty probably needs a bit more time in the VFL to show that he's ready.

Stephenson, and possibly Murphy as well, in terms of their football, already look ready made for the AFL, so the only issue will be whether they are considered physically developed enough to play in the seniors. From all accounts, Stephenson is already penciled in for a senior spot, and I suspect Murphy won't be far behind him.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:19 am

Indication from Hine is that they see Jaidyn as likely to play next season and pretty early.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 am

What I have seen in Jaidyn's video footage he looks damn close to break in
to senior,s earlier that Nathan

Love the way he takes the game on and score,s heavily--and his awareness
is very good

Two kids with big upside and futures

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am

I would be disappointed if they both get a reasonable rub at senior level in 2018.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:41 pm

They will be ready ONLY if Buckley plays them, unlike the previous early draft picks we've left to wither on the vine.PLAY THEM.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:45 pm

In. J Stephenson
Out. J .Blair

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 pm

BazBoy wrote:
In. J Stephenson
Out. J .Blair

Blair is the "Teflon cockroach". Impossible to kill off

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Interesting debate really.
I like draft picks who have been exposed to some level of senior footy. They seem able to adapt a lot quicker (think Beams 2009) as there more used to the physical demands.
This isn't to say that these kids won't be ready it may just take a bit longer than some might imagine.
Stephenson is a interesting case for mine.
We took him knowing his biggest strength was his line busting speed followed by his endurance both of which will hold him in good stead when entering senior footy.
If we want to play a quick style of footy like is being reported from the Lad in training reports then both Stephenson and Murray will likely start very early in 2018 for there speed alone one pull assume.
Running players like Wells Varcoe Treloar will benefit greatly from the having quick players around them who can serve to break the lines and open play up ahead of them.
Quick ball movement will improve our forward line greatly. Means defences won't have time to flood or adjust it will leave more 1 on 1 contests which suits the likes of Cox Grundy Reid Elliott Pendles Sidey etc.
The run will have to start off the HBF so Murray will likely take the spot previously played by Maynard meaning Maynard moves into a midfield grunt role. Stephenson more likely on a wing maybe moving WHE to a hybrid forward type role (and if memory serves me correctly he was our best kick on goal last year in terms of accuracy %)
If these 2 come in along with Varcoe Pendles Wells that's 5 players who played late last year who won't be getting a start this season.
Selection will be interesting to say the least
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm

inxs88 wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
In. J Stephenson
Out. J .Blair

Blair is the "Teflon cockroach". Impossible to kill off

"Teflon cockroach", love it. I worked with someone like that, couldn't get fired. Hooning doing burnouts and donuts in a brand new work ute, picked up that morning, and parked it on some long dry grass. The heat cause the grass to catch fire while he wasn't looking, turned around and saw the whole thing ablaze. Total burn out. Kept his job!!

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:41 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I like draft picks who have been exposed to some level of senior footy. They seem able to adapt a lot quicker (think Beams 2009) as there more used to the physical demands.
This isn't to say that these kids won't be ready it may just take a bit longer than some might imagine.
We took him knowing his biggest strength was his line busting speed followed by his endurance both of which will hold him in good stead when entering senior footy.
If we want to play a quick style of footy like is being reported from the Lad in training reports then both Stephenson and Murray will likely start very early in 2018 for there speed alone one pull assume.
Running players like Wells Varcoe Treloar will benefit greatly from the having quick players around them who can serve to break the lines and open play up ahead of them.
Quick ball movement will improve our forward line greatly. Means defences won't have time to flood or adjust it will leave more 1 on 1 contests which suits the likes of Cox Grundy Reid Elliott Pendles Sidey etc.
The run will have to start off the HBF so Murray will likely take the spot previously played by Maynard meaning Maynard moves into a midfield grunt role. Stephenson more likely on a wing maybe moving WHE to a hybrid forward type role (and if memory serves me correctly he was our best kick on goal last year in terms of accuracy %)
If these 2 come in along with Varcoe Pendles Wells that's 5 players who played late last year who won't be getting a start this season.

Hopefully our disposal from half back and progressively up the ground is good enough to link up with the speedsters. No point having speedsters if you can get the ball to them.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:10 pm

didick wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Hopefully our disposal from half back and progressively up the ground is good enough to link up with the speedsters. No point having speedsters if you can get the ball to them.

Good point from watching last year late we will look to get the ball into Scharenberg hands when coming out of defence. He went at around 90% by foot so if he can hit that next target it can open things up.
Think we will be looking for him or Dunn or Howe to be our release kicks coming out of defensive 50 hitting up the likes of Treloar Varcoe Wells Pendles who can then give it onto a Stephenson or Murray to use there speed in opening it up.
Will be interesting that's for sure.
By the training reports we are spending loads more time with the ball in hand this preseason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: