Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Possible team by mid 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:29 pm
Post subject: Possible team by mid 2018Reply with quote

OK, we've now traded and drafted in some likely lads, so here's my pick of what our team might look like a few games into the 2018 season. (Yes, I'm bored and realise this is pure speculation....but what the heck, isn't that what Nicks is for?).

B: Murray Dunn Howe

HB: Scharenberg Reid Murphy

C: Stephenson Wells Hoskin-Elliott

HF: Pendles Moore Sidey

F: Elliott Cox Fasolo

FOLL: Grundy, De Goey, Treloar

IC: Adams, Wills, Maynard, Varcoe

EM: Langdon, Aish, Crisp
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could be watching the cricket.

Your guess on a possible team is as good as anyone's but I wouldn't think you would see Murphy next year. There is no need to with the depth of HBFs we have at our disposal. He's still pretty raw and more a gun athlete than a pure footballer.
In my opinion, the rails would come off our season ( injuries ) if Murphy is getting a game next year. You still have to ask the question, regardless of what Hine and co thought of him, why didn't anyone else pick him up earlier. That suggests to me that he still some tweaking to do in a number of areas.
I'm a big fan but he won't be the difference to anything in 2018.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Murray Dunn Langdon
Shazz Reid Howe
Sidey Adams Hoskin
Degoey Moore Stephenson
Wells Cox Elliott
Grundy/Pendels/Treloar

Maynard,Varcoe,Fasolo,Goldy
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:52 pm

You are really testing us, aren't you Rudey, but since Nicks is more interesting than watching Smith pottering around for an hour in the nineties to score a century I'll give it a try:

Langdon Dunn Howe
Shazz Moore Crisp
Stephenson Adams WHE
De Goey Reid Elliot
Fasolo Cox Sidey
Grundy Pendles Treloar

Maynard Callum Brown Goldy Daicos
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Do we really see Murphy and Stephenson getting into the team ahead of Daicos and Brown next year?
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
Do we really see Murphy and Stephenson getting into the team ahead of Daicos and Brown next year?

Yep
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Absolutely WPW. Brown and to a lesser extent Daicos are undersized and without the raw leg speed of Stephenson. Nor do they have his height as a marking target. He should move past them quite quickly IMO. He’s also a more penetrating kick, so can be used on a wing. Neither Brown nor Daicos offer that flexibility.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

Your guess on a possible team is as good as anyone's but I wouldn't think you would see Murphy next year. There is no need to with the depth of HBFs we have at our disposal. He's still pretty raw and more a gun athlete than a pure footballer.
In my opinion, the rails would come off our season ( injuries ) if Murphy is getting a game next year. You still have to ask the question, regardless of what Hine and co thought of him, why didn't anyone else pick him up earlier. That suggests to me that he still some tweaking to do in a number of areas.

It's claimed he's very, very slow. Unfortunately, I don't think tweaking will fix that.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Derek Hine has hinted that likely to see Stephenson start his career in forward line, likely forward flanker. I expect Sidey to continue on wing with either Wells or Hoskin-Elliott.

Just add Tom Lynch to that lineup and we will be in premiership contention.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 am

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

It's claimed he's very, very slow. Unfortunately, I don't think tweaking will fix that.

What, mentally? He's relatively quick in running terms, although a 3.05 for the 20m sprint isn't exactly off the charts but finished top 10 in the 2k time trial at the combine with the same time as Stephenson. He's also good at ground level with quick, sure hands. Plus he's a very neat kick, so if he hits targets, the ball with move quickly up field.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 am

Well, let’s hope it’s not RB’s team we’re aiming for, because there are 11 doubtful starters in it (most on standard and a couple on injury). Even BucksIsFutureCoach’s team, which contains a few more of the walk-up starts, including Langdon, is short on AFL-standard players, because Collingwood is short of AFL-standard players. I am not excited about 2018. I would like to be wrong but our list looks full of holes to me, even with Lynch included the following year.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 am

A 3.05 sec time for the 20m sprint is not slow to me and he doesn't look slow on the field. However, I think it's a bit overstated to suggest he is a number 6 pick. Is he better than Noughton, Darcy Fogarty, Brander and Coffield who all came after 6? I don't think so. I tend to believe the draft experts who had him in the range 15 - 35. That being the case, to pick him up at 39 was a great get. He fulfills needs as well. We need guys who can convert in front of goals and follow the play up and down the field. While not a KPP he seems able to play tall and present himself as a target. Elliot and Fasolo are targets as well, but they have to jump over packs to grab the ball. This guy uses his body well and has a safe set of hands, plus he has that elite sporting background, where the grind of endless hours of training won't be foreign to him.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:49 am

What is a 3point 05 sec time for the 20m sprint?
K 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 am

Albert Parker wrote:
K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

What, mentally? He's relatively quick in running terms, although a 3.05 for the 20m sprint isn't exactly off the charts but finished top 10 in the 2k time trial at the combine with the same time as Stephenson. He's also good at ground level with quick, sure hands. Plus he's a very neat kick, so if he hits targets, the ball with move quickly up field.

I hope not mentally! I would hope a multi-sport person was quite quick mentally. Was it 3.05s, AP? The word was that it was 3.15s, which is glacially slow, but I don't know if that claim is reliable. Actually, 3.05s I would still regard as very slow.
The 6:21 2k time is good (and we do know this is reliable).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:05 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
A 3.05 sec time for the 20m sprint is not slow to me and he doesn't look slow on the field. However, I think it's a bit overstated to suggest he is a number 6 pick. Is he better than Noughton, Darcy Fogarty, Brander and Coffield who all came after 6? I don't think so. I tend to believe the draft experts who had him in the range 15 - 35. That being the case, to pick him up at 39 was a great get. He fulfills needs as well. We need guys who can convert in front of goals and follow the play up and down the field. While not a KPP he seems able to play tall and present himself as a target. Elliot and Fasolo are targets as well, but they have to jump over packs to grab the ball. This guy uses his body well and has a safe set of hands, plus he has that elite sporting background, where the grind of endless hours of training won't be foreign to him.

One of Knocks about Murphy is he is not a Great Set Shot on Goal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: