Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Voluntary euthanasia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
The plethora of polls shows a majority are all for assisted dying. Despite the looney tune "right to life" trying to squash this legislation, it has got through the upper house and is a clear victory for compassion and commonsense.

Are you saying those who hold a pro-life stance on this issue lack compassion? I don't understand this argument that only pro-choice advocates have a monopoly on compassion when it comes to euthanasia.

It's a sensitive issue with a multitude of strong arguments from both sides who largely have good intentions.

True compassion is allowing people to be the masters of their own mind, body and soul and not imposing your views and ideology on to them in dictating how and when they can die when suffering a terminal illness.

No one is going to be forced into death and it's absurd to allow any such notions to remain within the conversation.

People if they so wish simply want the right to die in dignity at a moment of their choosing.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:55 pm

It's happened in the Netherlands that people have been euthanased without their consent. I guess, like organ donation it's something that will have to be very specifically stated and communicated to family, friends, lawyers and doctors.

I really struggle with this one, particularly when coupled with socialized medicine and greedy descendants. I agree that everyone should have the right to end their own life as they see fit, it's their body, mind and soul to do with as they see fit, and as long as it stays that way I'm reluctantly behind it. I don't like a culture that celebrates death and I think dismissing peoples concerns as solely religious delusion is petty, bigoted and nasty.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 pm

^ pettiness, bigotry and nastiness is more or less obligatory among the apostles of inclusion where religion - or at least Christianity - is concerned, Wokko. Anything rooted in Western culture which makes the adherent more likely to question state power is to be despised. Intellectual self-certainty and the lust for power are all that matter.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:18 am

There will always be some bastards that want to take advantage and get to aunt Jenny’s silver a bit earlier, unfortunately. I have no doubt that’s already happening in some shape or form. Criminals and arseholes will always be around, but that shouldn’t stop good or even bad people from having a right to end their suffering. For me this law is meant for the terminally ill or those who’s illness has taken away their basic functions, to a point where the pain and suffering is intolerable, and there is no joy to be found in living. It’s not meant to be just an escape route for anyone, carers or the suicidal. Hard to police? Maybe, but it’s a necessity in my mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: