Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2018 Draw

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever wrote:
You are friggin KIDDING me!
We finished THIRTEENTH!
Not third, not 6th, not 4th
THIRTEENTH!!!!!
JUST like last year, and every year for the last 12, we get screwed time & time again & we say its fine, we're so good we can run uphill all season!

ONCE AGAIN, we get BOTH grand finalists in the first 6 - (the 8 is pretty much set by Rd.7), Plus we get GWS who finished 3rd, Hawthorn, who we've beaten ONCE in Suckleys 6 years, then Carlton & Essendon.

How many wins did we get against this lot last year?

out of 8 games?

ONE!

And this is a GOOD draw?

Every year! Every frickin year! And why? Because we politely unbutton, drop trow, and bend over!

EVERY (*&^%^& TIME!!!

Yes, again we have a very tough first two months, however it could be argued it eases up once that onslaught passes.

And remember - NOBODY took us to the cleaners in 2017; all losses were winnable at some stage of the contest. We simply need to pinch some of those games, with no injuries, and we'll be flying.

If we beat those has-been shit stains in round one, the team confidence will be through the roof, i'd suggest.

And of those teams we play twice, which ones don't you agree with?

Personally, i'd like to play both Carlton & Essendon twice in any given fixture; I always like our chances against them, maybe that's just me.

We have had WAY worse fixtures than this one in years gone by.

You'll notice both Adelaide and Richmond got flogged quite a few times in 2017; anybody can make the grand final WHEN the stars align for them.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Didn't someone on this site once saying coaching didn't matter either, its all the players....
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm

If our form line of the last 6 weeks of 2017 is the guide we could be 3-3 or 4-2 at round 6.
The longer the season goes it seems (on paper) our draw gets easier which could be a good thing finish the season on a winning streak entering the finals.
Of the teams we play twice we should book 6 or 7 wins as a minimum there (given we can beat Carlton and Essendon at least once each and split games with the Tigers)
If those 10 games can yield 7 wins then we would need to find 6-7 more wins from the remaining 12 games
North
West coast (at MCG)
Suns
Are all wins
Dee's
Geelong
St Kilda
Are all winnable games for us
That would give us 12 - 13 wins
If we can get to th bye with 7 or 8 wins we have a soft draw after the bye and should win the next 5 games directly after the bye. Full of confidence anything could happen then.
Splitting the first 6 rounds no worse than 3-3 and getting to the bye with at least 7 wins puts us in a very good position
Fingers crossed things can go our way
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Too many "iffs" for my liking. Confused
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Didn't someone on this site once saying coaching didn't matter either, its all the players....

Actually, that was Leigh Matthews (who said that you show me the team with the best players and i'll show you a great coach).

K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 am

E wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Actually, that was Leigh Matthews (who said that you show me the team with the best players and i'll show you a great coach).

Justin Leppitsch (in lift with other players, after winning 3rd consecutive premiership): “What would you be without us?”
Leigh Matthews: “All I’d be is the player of the century.”

Mal Michael (on best Vic Park crowd comment): "Leppitsch is German for bum-licker."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: