Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 667, 668, 669 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And father of the year goes to.... the $£$%^%%$ waste of oxygen breathing heathen who put ice on a week old babies dummy, hope he gets General pop and some good old fashioned jail house justice, and yes I mean it.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm

think positive wrote:
And father of the year goes to.... the $£$%^%%$ waste of oxygen breathing heathen who put ice on a week old babies dummy, hope he gets General pop and some good old fashioned jail house justice, and yes I mean it.

An the moron is blaming the Police. One assumes Child services will remove his infant from the dick for brains currently harming the child and put the baby up for immediate adoption and not play pass the parcel for 10 years.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm

One what?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 am

A close friend checking out of a Facebook discussion after taking offence at something I wrote, telling me to “#@&$ off” and then – without asking me to clarify my (carefully thought out and sincerely held) position – posting to all his friends about how terrible my view is (and, by implication, I am), without giving me any right of reply.

I know it sounds ridiculous to recount social media dust-ups, but it’s all pretty disappointing and makes me seriously wonder if I can maintain any real-world connection with him. It’s a shame, as we get on quite well in person and have known each other for years, but he can be a huge jerk online. And ultimately, as much as we all want to separate those things and say that one is real and one isn’t, this is ultimately part of who he is. And I find that really hard to deal with.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 am

Which post was it and what was their point of view? Unfortunately it's pretty standard for certain people to think their opinion isn't just a probably prejudicial view based on assumptions but an infallible set of concrete laws passed through them in some kind of divine manner and unbelievers must be destroyed.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 pm

The question was whether one would hire a sex offender to work on a film set. My view was yes, for all of the reasons that I've expressed in various discussions here in the past – the importance of work in rehabilitation, the wrongness of letting companies decide guilt and innocence, valuing people for what they can do rather than their perceived 'virtue' – on the proviso that they wouldn't pose a risk to other crew members.

I'd made more or less the same argument (more generally) in this article in the past without any backlash, but I guess it's an emotionally fraught time right now and nuance isn't welcome.

Anyway, this guy can be terribly unpleasant on social media (you'd know who I'm talking about; I think you blocked each other at one stage), and it's almost a relief that it's come to this – I can spare myself the unpleasant experience of walking on eggshells around him in future. Certainly going to make things awkward for our friendship group, though, given that I met most of my current friends through him.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:54 pm

I don't block anyone unless there's some deep seated personal need, he blocked me, and yes I know exactly who you mean Laughing Pretty much the archetype of person I rail against on the left, I wonder if he has any concept of slander and the repercussions for it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:41 pm

David wrote:
A close friend checking out of a Facebook discussion after taking offence at something I wrote, telling me to “#@&$ off” and then – without asking me to clarify my (carefully thought out and sincerely held) position – posting to all his friends about how terrible my view is (and, by implication, I am), without giving me any right of reply.

I know it sounds ridiculous to recount social media dust-ups, but it’s all pretty disappointing and makes me seriously wonder if I can maintain any real-world connection with him. It’s a shame, as we get on quite well in person and have known each other for years, but he can be a huge jerk online. And ultimately, as much as we all want to separate those things and say that one is real and one isn’t, this is ultimately part of who he is. And I find that really hard to deal with.

Been there had that happen, says more about them than about you. People say things they wouldn’t say to your face. Do you really need that kind of person around you? You should be able to have a discussion with someone, be able to hold a completely different opinion without fear of the dreaded block or being verbally abused! I said as much in the Blair thread. My own sister blocked me a few years back! Though st the time it was a relief! High maintenance! Gees if we all agreed with each other all the time life would be pretty boring. If you dissed everyone who disagreed with you on a single point you’d end up pretty lonely. Your never going to make everybody happy all the time. His loss, not yours. Not to mention the fact I just can’t see you posting anything really inflammatory!

Speaking of flames, What pisses me off is another little kid cooked in a hot car. What the **** is it going to take to get through to people? All the adds every year. You’d the parent has been in the car and would realise. I got in my car after a brief shopping trip this afternoon and it was bloody boiling in there.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 am

David wrote:
The question was whether one would hire a sex offender to work on a film set. My view was yes, for all of the reasons that I've expressed in various discussions here in the past – the importance of work in rehabilitation, the wrongness of letting companies decide guilt and innocence, valuing people for what they can do rather than their perceived 'virtue' – on the proviso that they wouldn't pose a risk to other crew members.

I'd made more or less the same argument (more generally) in this article in the past without any backlash, but I guess it's an emotionally fraught time right now and nuance isn't welcome.

Anyway, this guy can be terribly unpleasant on social media (you'd know who I'm talking about; I think you blocked each other at one stage), and it's almost a relief that it's come to this – I can spare myself the unpleasant experience of walking on eggshells around him in future. Certainly going to make things awkward for our friendship group, though, given that I met most of my current friends through him.

It’s probably a generational thing, but I don’t engage with anyone I would call a close friend on social media. I always talk to close friends privately by mail or voice. Most of my close friends are more to the Left than I am (though they would not be close friends if they did not hold their opinions with a certain good-humored and open-minded detachment), and I am much more conciliatory with them personally than I tend to be on social media. It is both the pleasure and risk of social media that one can value argument above relationships on it. That is probably right in the public sphere, but a dumb idea in private life. In any event, I cant imagine a close friend telling me to F off over a matter of opinion. It would have to be some kind of personal betrayal. So maybe the person was not such a close friend after all.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:39 am

Quote:
Speaking of flames, What pisses me off is another little kid cooked in a hot car. What the **** is it going to take to get through to people? All the adds every year. You’d the parent has been in the car and would realise. I got in my car after a brief shopping trip this afternoon and it was bloody boiling in there.

I was walking through the carpark at my local in Malvern one day and noticed a car outside the gaming room with 2 toddlers inside. I mentioned it to the manager who walked around the gaming room and asked everyone if they had left kids in the car outside as it was over 30 degrees. No one. Same question asked in the restaurant and main bar. The publican (ex copper) rang the police and they said "On our way. Smash the window and get the kids out". That happened. Some 30 minutes later a woman turned up to find Police and a paramedic at her car. She then went ballistic and saisd she had just gone to the lolly shop, saw a friend and they had a coffee. Abuse was directed at hotel staff, Police, patrons.

Then came the rebuke from all concerned. She was charged with whatever offence it was for leaving kids in cars, parking in a disabled parking spot and the Hotel carpark was private property so she copped a council fine for that as well. The hotel banned her for life from the carpark and the magistrate apparently ripped her to pieces.

Her husband came into the pub carrying on about "who was the arsehole who dobbed in my missus". He was then told the real story amd his wife had told him she was "only gone for 2 minutes". Publican told him to **** off and not bother parking in his car park again.

Apparently you can legally smash a window to save a life so just do it. If they get violent theywill be dealt with in court. If It was my kids I wouldn't be going crook at whomever notified the correct authorities. I would be telling my missus to find a new home. Sans my kids.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:45 am

I heard it was someone.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Hmm, so kid was playing a joke on mum. I was wrong. But it’s weird, you would t notice 1 didn’t get out? Can’t an 8 year old open the door? Sad.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm

^

Yeah, read about that. I can excuse mum missing a kid not getting out if the kid dropped to the floor and hid. Could he get out? Dunno how these new fangled cars work. Once mum walks off with the keys, can you open the door from the inside? I assume there can't have been child proof locks in play or she would have seen that the kid didn't get out.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 am

German bloke across the street (or cul de sac) gets ulimatum from Thai girlfriend who is also a golf caddy. He plays golf every day and is one of the few germans around here who does not drink beer. (or anything) She tells him him she wants a car or she won't move in.He buys her a newish second hand toy car worth probably 7-8000 dollars. She is moving in now. Well she tells all the other live ins in a 100 metre direction and now they all want a car. A canadian bloke wants him dead. The lastest scuttlebutt is that we should all give up drinking and buy cars.

Problem is most of the girls not have licence and car will be end up in village with papa. Where it will not be properly maintained .

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:15 am

Do you live in a United Nations retirement village kinda thing?!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 667, 668, 669 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 668 of 719   

Jump to: