Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair is not even the worst player on our list!
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:58 pm

If Blair is in our best 22 then we are in trouble.
If Blair is a depth player then we are in trouble.
Trouble is....he is not AFL standard, but keep saying he is of some value.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Blair is not even the worst player on our list!

You're absolutely right AT3V, but I reckon we have about five players who are very lucky to be still be on our list. And we get injuries next year any one or a combination of those five players will be playing in our senior team and that worries me because it will make our job of winning so much harder.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am

Towards the end of the season even I said he was fast coming to the end, but there is still the experience factor, along with his amazing never say die attitude. With a lot of young players you really need that inspiration when your backs against the wall. I’m betting he’s not costing that much. He has neve4 struck me as the guy who needs to be the hero. Happy to be there I’m guessing. But you can never say he has ever been complacent. And truth is, he certainly is not in the worst 5 players, and you can’t change half the list at once. Certainly there has been some bad recruiting choices. At least half a million dollars worth for a start! Certainly Blair is more value than Mayne. Even if they were on the same coin. Still hoping that changes, but if a trade had come for Mayne I’d be very happy!

If we get a genuine KPP to assist and protect Moore, I reckon we are up there. That and some good solid skills work of course. The lack of tuned skills is killing us, even when we ar3 in with a chance.

And cheers E, seriously guys, can’t we have discussions without resorting to immature name calling?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:04 pm

think positive wrote:
Towards the end of the season even I said he was fast coming to the end, but there is still the experience factor, along with his amazing never say die attitude. With a lot of young players you really need that inspiration when your backs against the wall. I’m betting he’s not costing that much. He has neve4 struck me as the guy who needs to be the hero. Happy to be there I’m guessing. But you can never say he has ever been complacent. And truth is, he certainly is not in the worst 5 players, and you can’t change half the list at once. Certainly there has been some bad recruiting choices. At least half a million dollars worth for a start! Certainly Blair is more value than Mayne. Even if they were on the same coin. Still hoping that changes, but if a trade had come for Mayne I’d be very happy!

If we get a genuine KPP to assist and protect Moore, I reckon we are up there. That and some good solid skills work of course. The lack of tuned skills is killing us, even when we ar3 in with a chance.

And cheers E, seriously guys, can’t we have discussions without resorting to immature name calling?

Have to agree with you there. Blair is better value than Mayne. And we do need some KPP protection for Moore. Will be an interesting national draft because I can't see how we're going to solve all the problems we created for ourselves.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
think positive wrote:

Have to agree with you there. Blair is better value than Mayne. And we do need some KPP protection for Moore. Will be an interesting national draft because I can't see how we're going to solve all the problems we created for ourselves.

The world has gone mad!

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm

All of us and all at the club would love to have greater depth in our list. Unfortunately, unlike GWS the AFL are not going to just give us a bus load of first round draft picks so we have to improve the list the hard way. We moved on a few fringe players this year and will replace them with young talent and that will likely repeat over next few years.

Blair, Greenwood, Varcoe, Josh Smith and Chris Mayne will all be under pressure to remain on list end of next year.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is surely a comedy act now yeah? Your all pulling a leg here! Do you really think the Collingwood Football Club would feel the need to sneak a player onto the list?

Well done to my boy Blair, 7 pages of utter crap and ludicrous outbursts! He’s worth every cent of what ever he’s earning, maybe the other players chipped in so they are protected when they play a shit game!

I’m sure there will be at least one game when I upset everyone in the game day thread with

YEAH YEAH YEAH! GO BLAIR! SUCK SHIT EVERYONE!

Your reply is as bogan as your photo TV show profile. Low IQ and low class

Says the low class bogan bagging one of our few remaining premiership heroes!👌

Difficult to argue with ignorance, but it's 2018 next year not 2010. Time to look forward and base opinion on future input not historical glories.

so now you've gone from sledging a solid list player who deserves to play another season to insulting one of our finest posters. Think positive is a legend of these parts and you aren't worthy of licking her shoes!

Great to see you've self anointed yourself as the "moral arbiter" of all posters on Nicks! Pointless framing measured, considered and empirical posts that come from a position of "lets see our squad improve" then having to justify them against irrational comebacks. Sometimes Pies fans are blinded by the past and not the now! Strange.

i just want you to stop attacking posters. It just makes you look like a jerk.

In 2010, Blair was a valuable premiership player. in 2018, he is well worth a reasonable sensible contract paid to a back up player. Your conflation of these two issues continues to make you look belligerent in the face of total unanimity on this issue from other posters.

You have done something quite remarkable INXS88. You have united Nicks in support of Jarryd Blair. Something that seemed impossible 3 months ago. Good work!

The final word. Keep doing what you do Jarryd. Hopefully he cant get a game on merit and he will have performed his role beautifully. if he does get a game on merit, i'm glad he will be there to contribute his goal a game and give 100% effort ALL THE TIME.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:56 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
This is surely a comedy act now yeah? Your all pulling a leg here! Do you really think the Collingwood Football Club would feel the need to sneak a player onto the list?

Well done to my boy Blair, 7 pages of utter crap and ludicrous outbursts! He’s worth every cent of what ever he’s earning, maybe the other players chipped in so they are protected when they play a shit game!

I’m sure there will be at least one game when I upset everyone in the game day thread with

YEAH YEAH YEAH! GO BLAIR! SUCK SHIT EVERYONE!

Your reply is as bogan as your photo TV show profile. Low IQ and low class

Says the low class bogan bagging one of our few remaining premiership heroes!👌

Difficult to argue with ignorance, but it's 2018 next year not 2010. Time to look forward and base opinion on future input not historical glories.

so now you've gone from sledging a solid list player who deserves to play another season to insulting one of our finest posters. Think positive is a legend of these parts and you aren't worthy of licking her shoes!

Great to see you've self anointed yourself as the "moral arbiter" of all posters on Nicks! Pointless framing measured, considered and empirical posts that come from a position of "lets see our squad improve" then having to justify them against irrational comebacks. Sometimes Pies fans are blinded by the past and not the now! Strange.

i just want you to stop attacking posters. It just makes you look like a jerk.

In 2010, Blair was a valuable premiership player. in 2018, he is well worth a reasonable sensible contract paid to a back up player. Your conflation of these two issues continues to make you look belligerent in the face of total unanimity on this issue from other posters.

You have done something quite remarkable INXS88. You have united Nicks in support of Jarryd Blair. Something that seemed impossible 3 months ago. Good work!

The final word. Keep doing what you do Jarryd. Hopefully he cant get a game on merit and he will have performed his role beautifully. if he does get a game on merit, i'm glad he will be there to contribute his goal a game and give 100% effort ALL THE TIME.

I am not sure what is more laughable. Your inane sense of the "queen's English" or your false contention that I've somehow united Nick's into a Jarryd Blair "kum by ya lovefest". Again, read the opening post, stick to the facts such as his perpetual annual diminishing returns and understand that his very presence on our list in 2018 is essentially a microcosm of our list's mediocrity.

Nothing more in the world gives me pleasure in being proved wrong by a player. In my 30+ years following the Pies I reckon:

* Ben Johnson
* Ben Sinclair (for 30 games)
* Tony Shaw
* Michael Christian
* Dane Swan

were the few that turned ignominious starts to their careers into meaningful contributions. Not many more than that. I would simply de-list Blair in favour of a:

* young draftee
* Lachie Hansen
* Sam Collins
* Stewart Crameri
* Tom Lamb
* Ben Lennon
* even bloody Lindsay Thomas!!!!

He just doesn't cut it anymore. But E, fly your scarf high and proud when he lays a tackle, kicks a meaningless goal or averages 4 kicks per game like he did in 2017. Kudos to you!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 pm

You are wasting a lot of time here mate. How many other fans on the planet have spent as much time as you appear to have on the massively important decision "should we have Crameri or Blair on our list as our back up to cover for injuries and form".

I'm sure if the club gets this decision right, premiership glory awaits us!!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:05 am

E wrote:
You are wasting a lot of time here mate. How many other fans on the planet have spent as much time as you appear to have on the massively important decision "should we have Crameri or Blair on our list as our back up to cover for injuries and form".

"mate" is a stretch. Go Pies!

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

let it go pal. just admit you are wrong.... Wink Wink Wink

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 pm

E wrote:
let it go pal

Good advice for you both. Just sayin'

Love...the mods team
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

I'll welcome the opportunity for you to post the bona fides of each Jarryd Blair game in 2018 that he plays. Dissecting the sizzling and extraordinary 4 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 missed aerial marks, the .5 goal kicking and the free kick exploits to the opposition. Shall require all of your "snake oil skin" sales skills.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:

I'll welcome the opportunity for you to post the bona fides of each Jarryd Blair game in 2018 that he plays. Dissecting the sizzling and extraordinary 4 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 missed aerial marks, the .5 goal kicking and the free kick exploits to the opposition. Shall require all of your "snake oil skin" sales skills.

Inxs88 one of the great ironies of the jarrod blair role is his wonderful forward lead up time after time after time. When he should be front and square time after time after time. A midget as a lead up forward is just weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: