Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:

I think with Blair, there are 2 distinct issues; one, should he have been resigned?

And two, and for mine more importantly, why did the cub keep it so quiet? They should stand loud and proud by their decision, whats with the cloak n dagger?

Good calls. The tenet of my OP. In a world where there is a big media announcement for Luke Hodge taking over "Ryan Harwood's" number 2 Guernsey, you would think if he has been extended, hit triggers etc.. it may have been worth a line on the website at the very least.

I strongly disagree with this in general. It's important that proper processes take place for every football decision. It's not important that these decisions be trumpeted to the world. The problem in recent times seems to have been the opposite: highly unprofessional ways of making decisions and then too much media coverage or outright leaks of sensitive info from unknown sources within the club.

The media is actually interested in Hodge, and his new club needs to sell hope to their supporters. If indeed it was a clause being triggered to give Blair an extra year, that's hardly a situation that has been deemed worthy of fanfare in other cases (except for injury-curbed former stars on huge salaries).

If our club is able to do anything major without anyone outside knowing, it'll actually be a pleasant surprise to me.

In 2017 where fan engagement is of a premium, one would think it's a standard not a goal to inform fans as to whom is officially contracted on their player roster for the upcoming season. We see things differently.

Our club has been the best in terms of fan engagement and media availability for the past decade at least. The journos readily say that.

As you know, there are deadlines for everything, including finalization of playing lists, at which time everyone knows the lists for every club. Your complaint, therefore, is presumably that we aren't told soon enough for your liking. Where exactly should the line be drawn? Do you also think we should know the exact salaries of all the players, e.g. to see whether Blair is getting the minimum allowed (about $101k)? Currently, no one knows precise salaries of anyone (apart from first-year players and rookies), though we have relatively precise estimates for the higher-paid players. What about the CEO's salary? Or the club doctor's?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:22 am

K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I think with Blair, there are 2 distinct issues; one, should he have been resigned?

And two, and for mine more importantly, why did the cub keep it so quiet? They should stand loud and proud by their decision, whats with the cloak n dagger?

Good calls. The tenet of my OP. In a world where there is a big media announcement for Luke Hodge taking over "Ryan Harwood's" number 2 Guernsey, you would think if he has been extended, hit triggers etc.. it may have been worth a line on the website at the very least.

I strongly disagree with this in general. It's important that proper processes take place for every football decision. It's not important that these decisions be trumpeted to the world. The problem in recent times seems to have been the opposite: highly unprofessional ways of making decisions and then too much media coverage or outright leaks of sensitive info from unknown sources within the club.

The media is actually interested in Hodge, and his new club needs to sell hope to their supporters. If indeed it was a clause being triggered to give Blair an extra year, that's hardly a situation that has been deemed worthy of fanfare in other cases (except for injury-curbed former stars on huge salaries).

If our club is able to do anything major without anyone outside knowing, it'll actually be a pleasant surprise to me.

In 2017 where fan engagement is of a premium, one would think it's a standard not a goal to inform fans as to whom is officially contracted on their player roster for the upcoming season. We see things differently.

Our club has been the best in terms of fan engagement and media availability for the past decade at least. The journos readily say that.

As you know, there are deadlines for everything, including finalization of playing lists, at which time everyone knows the lists for every club. Your complaint, therefore, is presumably that we aren't told soon enough for your liking. Where exactly should the line be drawn? Do you also think we should know the exact salaries of all the players, e.g. to see whether Blair is getting the minimum allowed (about $101k)? Currently, no one knows precise salaries of anyone (apart from first-year players and rookies), though we have relatively precise estimates for the higher-paid players. What about the CEO's salary? Or the club doctor's?

Irrational argument. You don't think the "alleged sneaking of Blair onto the reported list of 2018 contracted players warrants some clarification to fans"? Geez even Ben Crocker got a press release stating his extension for 2 years despite being a non premiership player"!!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 am

inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

Irrational argument. You don't think the "alleged sneaking of Blair onto the reported list of 2018 contracted players warrants some clarification to fans"? Geez even Ben Crocker got a press release stating his extension for 2 years despite being a non premiership player"!!

Which part of what I wrote do you object to? You mentioned fan engagement. The club is the best of all the clubs at that.

You demand a clarification only because you've convinced yourself that there was "sneaking".

On Ben Crocker, for starters he did not get his own press release. He was clumped together with two others, when they announced new contracts for the trio. But the real point is that those were new contracts. I can't remember any press release just for a clause triggered in an existing contract (I don't know whether that's what it is, but people seem to be suggesting so here). Can you recall an example? What would such a release say?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 pm

K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I think you are throwing a red herring on the table with the reference to wages; each and every player resigning is met with at least a Club website article, it is undeniably curious that this one was not (if that is indeed the case).

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 pm

K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I think you are throwing a red herring on the table with the reference to wages; each and every player resigning is met with at least a Club website article, it is undeniably curious that this one was not (if that is indeed the case).

Did you read beyond that? Crocker was mentioned and I said the following.

K wrote:

On Ben Crocker, for starters he did not get his own press release. He was clumped together with two others, when they announced new contracts for the trio. But the real point is that those were new contracts. I can't remember any press release just for a clause triggered in an existing contract (I don't know whether that's what it is, but people seem to be suggesting so here). Can you recall an example? What would such a release say?

Do you know of any examples? Or do you know for sure that this was not what people claim here, i.e. just a clause triggered in an existing contract? (I don't know one way or the other.)

I don't know whether each and every player signing a new contract has been mentioned on the club website. It seems that some haven't been mentioned, but have been mentioned elsewhere, e.g. the AFL's website, but what is or isn't mentioned on the AFL's website is not determined by the CFC.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:51 am

This is surely a comedy act now yeah? Your all pulling a leg here! Do you really think the Collingwood Football Club would feel the need to sneak a player onto the list?

Well done to my boy Blair, 7 pages of utter crap and ludicrous outbursts! He’s worth every cent of what ever he’s earning, maybe the other players chipped in so they are protected when they play a shit game!

I’m sure there will be at least one game when I upset everyone in the game day thread with

YEAH YEAH YEAH! GO BLAIR! SUCK SHIT EVERYONE!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:22 am

Have to agree the club can make it's decisions any way it deems fit, with or without the fanfare. My concern as with others is that we aren't giving ourselves the best opportunity to win games of footy because our list is inferior to other club lists. I'm not interested why club A, B or C has a better list than our list for whatever reason, be it better position in the draft pool or sheer luck in who they were able to trade onto their list. I'm only interested in our list and it's decisions such as rentention of Blair on the list and lack of recruitment of KPP's that has me question the list. I'm hoping Ned Guy will change all that, but at the end of the day I'm not the one whose head is on the chopping block. Buckley will have the wear the list decisions made after Malthouse left the club.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:25 pm

think positive wrote:
This is surely a comedy act now yeah? Your all pulling a leg here! Do you really think the Collingwood Football Club would feel the need to sneak a player onto the list?

Well done to my boy Blair, 7 pages of utter crap and ludicrous outbursts! He’s worth every cent of what ever he’s earning, maybe the other players chipped in so they are protected when they play a shit game!

I’m sure there will be at least one game when I upset everyone in the game day thread with

Your reply is as bogan as your photo TV show profile. Low IQ and low class

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Ask yourself this: Who would better serve the Pies list in 2018:

Stewart Crameri or Jarryd Blair??

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:52 pm

inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Says the low class bogan bagging one of our few remaining premiership heroes!👌

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 pm

think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Difficult to argue with ignorance, but it's 2018 next year not 2010. Time to look forward and base opinion on future input not historical glories.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:55 pm

inxs88 wrote:
Ask yourself this: Who would better serve the Pies list in 2018:

Stewart Crameri or Jarryd Blair??

Jarryd Blair of course.

I guess your implication is that you are happier with rejects from other team lists than rejects from ours!

cant believe you are still banging on about this.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:57 pm

inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Difficult to argue with ignorance, but it's 2018 next year not 2010. Time to look forward and base opinion on future input not historical glories.

so now you've gone from sledging a solid list player who deserves to play another season to insulting one of our finest posters. Think positive is a legend of these parts and you aren't worthy of licking her shoes!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
think positive wrote:

so now you've gone from sledging a solid list player who deserves to play another season to insulting one of our finest posters. Think positive is a legend of these parts and you aren't worthy of licking her shoes!

Great to see you've self anointed yourself as the "moral arbiter" of all posters on Nicks! Pointless framing measured, considered and empirical posts that come from a position of "lets see our squad improve" then having to justify them against irrational comebacks. Sometimes Pies fans are blinded by the past and not the now! Strange.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:44 pm

I am using my mouth for Good not Evil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: