Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The silence over Harvey Weinstein’s serial abuse

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest secret still in Hollywood isn't the treatment of women it's that of children being preyed upon.

While it's certainly unfair to label Spacey a pedophile on the basis of this one incident more could potentially come to light. They may not also.

Plenty of rumours have circulated for years about some very powerful Hollywood figures but most allegations seem to have fallen on deaf ears when it comes to child actors.

No one has ever really taken seriously the allegations or innuendo raised by 80's child star Corey Feldman in relation to an alleged pedophile ring once? within Hollywood or the rape of that other 80's child star Corey Haim allegedly at the hands of C. Sheen.

Hollywood royalty like Lucas and Spielberg are some that I've seen being linked to child exploitation in the past though who knows for sure what is fact or fiction.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:16 am

I think that’s an area – paedophile rings of the rich and famous – where conspiracy theories go off the charts, aided in no small part by crazies and things like supposed recovered memory therapy. Haim’s mother, for one, is not buying it:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/corey-haim-s-mom-calls-corey-feldman-s-pedophile-claims-bogus-he-s-a-scam-artist-1052712

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:46 pm

David wrote:
I think that’s an area – paedophile rings of the rich and famous – where conspiracy theories go off the charts, aided in no small part by crazies and things like supposed recovered memory therapy. Haim’s mother, for one, is not buying it:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/corey-haim-s-mom-calls-corey-feldman-s-pedophile-claims-bogus-he-s-a-scam-artist-1052712

I wouldn't be so quick to take her word as gospel without knowing more about the quality of her character.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:41 pm

I'm certainly not taking it as gospel either, just pointing out that there's at least some reasonable doubt here. Frankly, from what I've heard from Feldman, he sounds like a bit of a nutter (which doesn't necessarily mean his allegations are wrong, of course, but just that we need to remain cautious about accepting them until more evidence is presented).

Anyway, here's a good piece on Spacey and the moral outrage of gay op-ed writers portraying Spacey's coming-out as a personal slight against the community.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2017/11/01/how_calling_kevin_spacey_a_pedophile_hurts_the_gay_community.html

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:43 pm

By anything other than academic sophistry, he's a paedo.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Well, sure, if you want to make up your own definitions for words. Why bother about being right when you can feel right?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 am

Well, well, well. Remember this guy?

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/former-channel-seven-journalist-dylan-howard-among-weinsteins-army-of-spies-20171107-gzglsc.html

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 am

By the way, this is a pretty damn eye-opening account of the extents to which the rich and powerful can (and will) go to avoid having to answer for their misdemeanours.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm

David wrote:
By the way, this is a pretty damn eye-opening account of the extents to which the rich and powerful can (and will) go to avoid having to answer for their misdemeanours.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

bloody hell, thats a Liam Neeson movie right there!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 am

That rehab centre is going to fill up fast

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/charlie-sheen-corey-haim-lucas/

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

Yet another one bites the dust...

https://nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

I feel bad for all of the women who had to be subjected to such a weird experience, but I also kind of feel sorry for him. Obviously has/had some weird sexual peccadilloes and couldn’t find a better outlet for them.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:44 am

David wrote:
Well, sure, if you want to make up your own definitions for words. Why bother about being right when you can feel right?

Well said, to which I can only add that people once had to be convicted of crimes after due process, before they could be punished and publicly vilified. The present uproar has all of the characteristics of a metaphorical lynching, but even lynching was usually based on the allegation of definite criminality. Clumsy one-off passes (unlike sustained unwanted or advances) are not, as far I am aware, criminal. Our retreat from real politics to the pursuit of personal grudges and petty interpersonal power is one of our many epochal oddities. Many of today’s sorrows and discontents in rich societies issue from the unleashing of absolute sexual freedom fifty years ago ; given that it is what the libertines (and many feminists) wanted, it seems rather odd that they are now in the front row of the guillotine as it welcomes those who took it at face value. But then, the drive for power and punishment is a great shape-shifter.

Increasingly, these past few days, I find myself thinking of the lyrics of a Bob Dylan song, long ago :

“No I do not feel that good
When I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I were a master thief, perhaps I’d rob them ....
And though I know you’re dissatisfied,
With your position and your place
Don’t you understand that’s not my problem....”

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:36 pm

David wrote:
Yet another one bites the dust...

https://nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

I feel bad for all of the women who had to be subjected to such a weird experience, but I also kind of feel sorry for him. Obviously has/had some weird sexual peccadilloes and couldn’t find a better outlet for them.

Really? He ain’t poor, he could hire a pro

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:41 pm

I don’t think human sexuality is anywhere near that simple or straightforward.

The real question is, how long until Donald Trump gets brought down by all this? We have ample evidence to suggest that he’s one of these guys. Or does the presidency offer absolute protection? (Bill Clinton’s ability to sidestep the many allegations against him would suggest that it does.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:09 pm

David wrote:
I don’t think human sexuality is anywhere near that simple or straightforward.

The real question is, how long until Donald Trump gets brought down by all this? We have ample evidence to suggest that he’s one of these guys. Or does the presidency offer absolute protection? (Bill Clinton’s ability to sidestep the many allegations against him would suggest that it does.)

so you think random females should just allow a male to whip it out and wank it off in front of them because, "'Obviously has/had some weird sexual peccadilloes and couldn’t find a better outlet for them."'
(ive said previously on here when i was about 21-22 i was waiting for my horses to finish their dinner, snoozing in my car, and woke up to a guy approaching my car dick in hand, i planted it, and then backed back into him, no regrets, never saw him again, but every time i went to the paddock afterwards, at least once a day, it played on my mind. i found new agistment for my horses not long after that.i should not have had to feel that way. its assault, anyway you look at it. him, not me, i acted in self defense!!)

like i said, he can get therapy for that on many a street corner for - well im not sure how much the going rate is!!

As for your "'real question"' maybe wait until a court finds President Trump guilty, or at the very least some video with audio comes to light to prove it! or do only pedophiles and rapists with weird predilections get your sympathy? When Trump does fall, i hope its for the right reason, ie a political one. And then there is those sleaze ball art film directors, they get sympathy because......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: