Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where are the missing pieces ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:56 pm
Post subject: Where are the missing pieces ??Reply with quote

Reading the article posted by the sports hound Balme made the point that the back office situation at Collingwood had played a part in our lack of success.
His praise of Buckley was what I would have expected as he's been a long time Buckley fan but he was more critical of the club and particularly Eddie.
The review conducted internally identified some serious failures by the club in its support of the coach a fact Eddie spoke about at length when Bucks was reappointed for a further 2 years
Eddie spoke of the clubs failure to find stability in the football managers position and also of the clubs failure to provide the experienced support around the rookie coach whilst he continued his learning process.
We lost our CEO in July in the middle of the review with Murphy filling the void since.
We have basically changed nothing in terms of the football operations with only a couple new assistants brought in and a new fitness guy. Hine has had his position shuffled but his replacement doesn't actually start until after the national draft which seems silly to me.
So as we stand now we don't have a full time CEO as such, we don't have a senior mentor (or as Eddie put it a chairman of selectors and confidant)for the coach.
If the review was so certain we needed to fix these things why is it 2 months after the review was handed down and made public do we still not have these pieces in place ?
Is our brand tarnished by the instability that any decent candidate isn't interested ?
Have we unsuccessfully chased people but couldn't land them for whatever reason ?
Was the review all just lip service to the members to buy the president and coach more time ?
I never expected the club to fill these positions 2 weeks after announcing what was needed I actually thought we will need a few weeks after the GF in case we are looking at people still involved in finals clubs.
Well time is running out fast.
The national draft is only weeks away and we really have no absolute plan for what direction we are heading on and off the field. Hine is going to be overseeing our draft prospects with the knowledge he is basically being pushed aside for Guy.
Who is going to be the CEO and implement the direction of the club the Board has ascertained from the review ? Who is going to be bucks mentor or support that Eddie said was vital.
The players are due back soon to begin preseason training and surely the club should have all its off field pieces all sorted by that time.
I have this nervous feeling that we will enter the 2018 season with little to no leadership from above which isn't fair on the coach or the playing group.
Eddie time to get out of the radio station and start fulfilling some of the promises you made to th members after the review
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So many questions and so few answers Qld67. I'm not sure I agree with much of what you're saying though especially the bit about Eddie quitting his job to be a full time President.Is that how it really works??? Is there any other full time presidents who have foregone their careers? I think the review has addressed the problems and filling the positions isn't really as easy as picking the candidate from the masses at the gate. I'm sure they'll be doing their due diligence on each and every candidate and I would be willing to wager that Guy is having a greater input into the list than Hine would be as of the time of his appointment.
I think it's evident that it's steady as she goes this year as was shown in our unwillingness to to trade anyone this year and become involved in the draft and set our selves for a couple of big fish next year.To me it's all quiet on the Western front.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:22 pm

mudlark wrote:
So many questions and so few answers Qld67. I'm not sure I agree with much of what you're saying though especially the bit about Eddie quitting his job to be a full time President.Is that how it really works??? Is there any other full time presidents who have foregone their careers? I think the review has addressed the problems and filling the positions isn't really as easy as picking the candidate from the masses at the gate. I'm sure they'll be doing their due diligence on each and every candidate and I would be willing to wager that Guy is having a greater input into the list than Hine would be as of the time of his appointment.
I think it's evident that it's steady as she goes this year as was shown in our unwillingness to to trade anyone this year and become involved in the draft and set our selves for a couple of big fish next year.To me it's all quiet on the Western front.

Mud I wasn't advocating Eddie quitting his job just getting out of the studio and making decisions so we as a club can move forward. I understand the due diligence part and I'm fine with there being a complete process but the noise is deafening on everything Collingwood at the moment (Elliott's minor incident aside)
Everyone knows the AFL club land leaks like a sive so I'm amazed there hasn't been a single story linking anyone to our role for the coaching mentor. We seem to be last in line for a new CEO when they start talking candidates which is concerning.
Years ago any job at Collingwood was seen as a plumb job it would seem now it isn't as appealing as it once was
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:29 pm
Post subject: hReply with quote

It now appears that Simon Lethlean has not been picked up at Carlton and I'm sure there will be more to follow.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm

It’s only early November and still another 5 months or so until season starts. No need to panic just yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: