Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New Collingwood Logo 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, you WANT sponsors logos on your apparel?

Why would you want to be a walking billboard? It’s why our (AFL) gear looks so awful. The coache’s polo shorts are atrocious.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Hang on, you WANT sponsors logos on your apparel?

Why would you want to be a walking billboard? It’s why our (AFL) gear looks so awful. The coaches polo shorts are atrocious.

Maybe the coaches should "suit up with Wolf Kanat". Maybe WK aren't paying the club enough.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 pm

NEW Logo sure as hell wont win us the Flag !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Purely from a marketing perspective, I feel this new logo and the way the club promotes itself on line, significantly diminishes our brand.

We are a Football Club. We are the Collingwood Football Club and we have been for 125 years. By bringing in Women's football and Netball in under a generic umbrella brand of Collingwood, and abandoning our identity as the CFC, we do ourselves a disservice.

I follow Liverpool FC in the Premier League, and they have a women's team as well, but the club is and always be Liverpool FC. The women's team, like the u23 and youth academy teams, are simply minor parts of Liverpool FC.

FFS Eddie, please show some common sense and respect for the history of our great club. Return our name to the Collingwood Football Club (CFC).
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Agree rudeboy, l think its more about the addition of the netball team more than the womens footy team,and l HATE the new logo, what next ,will we be called Sporting Collingwood or the Collingwood sports club, , we are getting to forget our roots , that is a disaster waiting to happen
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:34 pm

How much more could it be?
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:36 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Purely from a marketing perspective, I feel this new logo and the way the club promotes itself on line, significantly diminishes our brand.

We are a Football Club. We are the Collingwood Football Club and we have been for 125 years. By bringing in Women's football and Netball in under a generic umbrella brand of Collingwood, and abandoning our identity as the CFC, we do ourselves a disservice.

I follow Liverpool FC in the Premier League, and they have a women's team as well, but the club is and always be Liverpool FC. The women's team, like the u23 and youth academy teams, are simply minor parts of Liverpool FC.

FFS Eddie, please show some common sense and respect for the history of our great club. Return our name to the Collingwood Football Club (CFC).

Let's just hope we're never referred to as the Collingwood Franchise. If we are, it might signal the end times...
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:41 am

For comparison (WCE):
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/west-coast-eagles-reveal-new-look-logo-at-brand-relaunch-at-crown-in-perth-20171101-gzd1eq.html
[Includes pics.]

Quote:
Mr Nisbett ... said the club went though a lengthy research process to arrive at the new look.

The newest incarnation represents a closer connection to Noongar totem Waalitj - the Eagle - which stands for power and instinct, pride and respect, with the Eagle's head pointed towards 'the prize' in the east.

"I'm pleased that fans had so much input," he said.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:24 am

New Eagles logo is OK. Looks too much like Hawthorn’s though, with the fanned neck feathers. Eye could look a bit more imposing, too.

But it’s thick lined, simple, and will look good on apparel and in digital. Not like our new logo’s thin outlines that merge into a murky black mess.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 am

It’s definitley modern, but far from ‘fierce’ as the headline would suggest. What a miss with the eye. It’s just a half hearted ‘meh’ look in its eye. What an absolute miss.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
New Eagles logo is OK. Looks too much like Hawthorn’s though, with the fanned neck feathers. Eye could look a bit more imposing, too.

But it’s thick lined, simple, and will look good on apparel and in digital. Not like our new logo’s thin outlines that merge into a murky black mess.

I was actually going to ask what's the difference in appearance between an eagle and a hawk.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Sing it sister!

On a side note I see we are still sticking with white stripes on black for our 2018 home guernsey.

https://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/mens-home-guernsey

Black stripes (with pin stripes) on white for our clash guernsey.

https://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/isc-authentic/mens-clash-guernsey

I was kind of hoping we may have went back to white stripes on black with black shorts next year if I'm honest.

At the very least we could wear that as our away jumper as plenty of people like it.

The logo on both jumpers is too big and detracts from the overall look of the jumpers. I didn't mind it this year as a one-off for our 125th anniversary, but I was hoping it wouldn't become a permanent addition for the foreseeable future.

I welcome the return of the pinstripes on our clash jumper, but pity they were not introduced on our home jumper as well. As I've said for a number of years, I wish we returned to a predominant white with black stripes as our home jumper.

I felt that with the club rebranding itself somewhat, this would have been the right time to make the change, as I feel the current home jumper has become stale and is too synonymous with the McGuire era.

I agree with another poster here that a number panel would look great.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:10 pm

All good I reckon after a bit of sad about goodbye to the oval football club boundary on the latest incarnation of the emblem since 92.
It's gotta happen.
We are one club now with women playing footy and netball.
Their success is our success. It will make us stronger. It's the only way we'll see "floreat pica"

slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 am

Jezza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Sing it sister!

On a side note I see we are still sticking with white stripes on black for our 2018 home guernsey.

https://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/mens-home-guernsey

Black stripes (with pin stripes) on white for our clash guernsey.

https://shop.collingwoodfc.com.au/isc-authentic/mens-clash-guernsey

I was kind of hoping we may have went back to white stripes on black with black shorts next year if I'm honest.

At the very least we could wear that as our away jumper as plenty of people like it.

The logo on both jumpers is too big and detracts from the overall look of the jumpers. I didn't mind it this year as a one-off for our 125th anniversary, but I was hoping it wouldn't become a permanent addition for the foreseeable future.

I welcome the return of the pinstripes on our clash jumper, but pity they were not introduced on our home jumper as well. As I've said for a number of years, I wish we returned to a predominant white with black stripes as our home jumper.

I felt that with the club rebranding itself somewhat, this would have been the right time to make the change, as I feel the current home jumper has become stale and is too synonymous with the McGuire era.

I agree with another poster here that a number panel would look great.

I love how the logo is on the jumper.

T2 Sagittarius

T2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I was looking at updating my Collingwood waterproof jacket from the decade old Adidas one I currently have but the one available currently is just so bland and all black outside some emblems. It doesn't even have our sponsors on it to add some colour or white stripes.

Would it kill the club to stop making everything predominantly black or black and light grey.

Our colours are black and WHITE and as a collective our supporters stand out better in the crowd and on tv when it isn't just a see of black.

I'm hoping the 2018 version will be better visually.

Agree wholeheartedly, Swoop, and have been thinking the same thing for years. The last I recall our member shirts and caps being anything but all black (in fact, I think they were completely the opposite i.e. white) was 2010. Would love a bit of that "colour" back in our gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: