Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Goodbye Sinclair, Ramsey & Oxley (Ox to be re-rookied)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Has he?
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
When they make Langdon captain, you’ll stop referring to him along with the fringe players, won’t you? Or else after he plays his 200th game?

Point 1 Langdon will never captain the club
Point 2 he's played 52 games in 4 years so by the averages it will take him a further 13 seasons to get to 200 so very unlikely it would happen.
Lastly he is a fringe player. He has several glaring weaknesses in his game and if he doesn't show improvement this season his chances of a new contract would diminish. He is in a battle for his spot with 3-4 others and depending on match ups/form/injury his spot in the 22 each week isn't guaranteed as much as you would love it to be

except for a chunk of time missed due to serious injury, the guy has played nearly every possible game. If the injury is a one off, your stats are poor.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if he plays 200 games.

Cant wait to see how he goes a pre-season after his injury.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 pm

[quote="BucksIsFutureCoach"]
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
When they make Langdon captain, you’ll stop referring to him along with the fringe players, won’t you? Or else after he plays his 200th game?

Point 2 he's played 52 games in 4 years so by the averages it will take him a further 13 seasons to get to 200 so very unlikely it would happen.
Lastly he is a fringe player. He has several glaring weaknesses in his game and if he doesn't show improvement this season his chances of a new contract would diminish. He is in a battle for his spot with 3-4 others and depending on match ups/form/injury his spot in the 22 each week isn't guaranteed as much as you would love it to be

Just between you and me Qldmagpie, [b]Langdon will never captain the club,

I think Langdon will get picked each week if fit. Buckley likes him , the lad has some guts for his size and his kicking has improved.

www.facebook/the hybernators
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:48 pm

E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

except for a chunk of time missed due to serious injury, the guy has played nearly every possible game. If the injury is a one off, your stats are poor.

Not quite correct E. Since when his debut (excluding the games missed with injury) he has been available for 73 games and selected in 57 missing 16 through not being selected (roughly 30% of the games he was available)
When he debuted like Frost it was because we had massive injury toll and they both got games due to that fact not because of super performances in the VFL. 12 of his 57 games he started off the bench for whatever reason (remembering we had the sub rule in place during 2 of those seasons)
He's only had 1 serious injury which took away 2/3rds of his 2016 season and the beginning of the 2017 season. Other than that he may have had some niggles or general soreness like most other players but he hasn't missed games due to it according to the records.
His first season and a half was very good but like a lot of young players be it there head gets to filled up with there own press or opposition coaches figure them out. You only have to look at both the Port games this season to understand what I'm saying. Hinkley isolated him with one of the Grays and they kicked goals or set up goals on him on both occasions (7 in the first game 5 in the second which happened to be a larger total that our losing margin on both occasions not that he was single handedly responsible for the loses but he certainly lost his individual match up both times badly)
With players easily cut loose these days he in his position like several others on our list need to have very good seasons to attract a new deal for beyond 2018 IMO
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Not sure how this became a discussion about Langdon but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway. Proof of where the club rates him is how quickly he was rushed back into the side with only limited match fitness. From then on he hardly put a foot wrong, being the consummate professional that he is. Put simply, he's just too good to be running around the VFL. If he's not the first defender picked every week there wouldn't be too many ahead of him. To say his position on the list is in doubt would be one of the more humorous things I've read on here, to put it nicely.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:46 pm

To his position on the list is in doubt would be one of the more humorous things I've read on here to put it nicely
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:40 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Not sure how this became a discussion about Langdon but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway. Proof of where the club rates him is how quickly he was rushed back into the side with only limited match fitness. From then on he hardly put a foot wrong, being the consummate professional that he is. Put simply, he's just too good to be running around the VFL. If he's not the first defender picked every week there wouldn't be too many ahead of him. To say his position on the list is in doubt would be one of the more humorous things I've read on here, to put it nicely.

Quoted for accuracy. He and Reid are the first defenders picked each week.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

Quoted for accuracy. He and Reid are the first defenders picked each week.

Now that's comical Howe our all Australian nominated defender from last year would argue about that as would Dunn who was near our most consistent defender of the year.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Howe's a reasonable player, too. He does, though, lack Langdon's ineffable class. Dunn is just a place-holder for a real KPD.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:59 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
E wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Not quite correct E. Since when his debut (excluding the games missed with injury) he has been available for 73 games and selected in 57 missing 16 through not being selected (roughly 30% of the games he was available)
When he debuted like Frost it was because we had massive injury toll and they both got games due to that fact not because of super performances in the VFL. 12 of his 57 games he started off the bench for whatever reason (remembering we had the sub rule in place during 2 of those seasons)
He's only had 1 serious injury which took away 2/3rds of his 2016 season and the beginning of the 2017 season. Other than that he may have had some niggles or general soreness like most other players but he hasn't missed games due to it according to the records.
His first season and a half was very good but like a lot of young players be it there head gets to filled up with there own press or opposition coaches figure them out. You only have to look at both the Port games this season to understand what I'm saying. Hinkley isolated him with one of the Grays and they kicked goals or set up goals on him on both occasions (7 in the first game 5 in the second which happened to be a larger total that our losing margin on both occasions not that he was single handedly responsible for the loses but he certainly lost his individual match up both times badly)
With players easily cut loose these days he in his position like several others on our list need to have very good seasons to attract a new deal for beyond 2018 IMO

i couldn't agree with you less, and so this is where our journey ends. Suffice it to say, your view is not shared by the club (or me). You will again be saying in 2025 that he will need to play well to assure a contract beyond 2026. Keep this post saved if you like. We'll see who is right.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:20 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Howe's a reasonable player, too. He does, though, lack Langdon's ineffable class. Dunn is just a place-holder for a real KPD.

Well, we'd want to hope Dunn can play that place-holder KPD role well for the next two seasons without injury, seeing as our brain surgeons delisted back ups in Schade and Keeffe.

Can't see us throwing pick #6 [presuming we actually draft a KPD] to the Wolves in our 2018 backline? Surely they intend to develop him in the VFL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: