Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:45 pm
Post subject: Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?Reply with quote

I put it to the Magpie faithful on Nick's that Hine and the Collingwood Football Club have secretly signed Jarryd Blair during the 2017 Season without any public announcement. In a world when any meaningful news gets published on the Pies website and the greater media industry, I find it staggering to see this post by Nick Bowen:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-06/2018-free-agents-lynch-gaff-headline-monster-list

To all the naysayers whom value Blair, this article isn't about the merits of his bona fides, more so if he actually has signed on for another year, this signing would have to go down as the most secret contract extension since Google started.

I am genuinely hopeful that this isn't the case and he is till under scrutiny before final list lodgements are completed. As stated in recent articles we need to have adequate primary list coverage to fit in our Draft picks and surely Blair and Smith are necessary delistings to accommodate such draft inclusions.

Last edited by inxs88 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The club is under no obligation to publicise a resigning but if they have resigned him and done it on the quiet it’s because they know that most switched on supporters would see it as a bad move. I’d offer him the VFL captaincy which I first suggested here several months back. If he doesn’t want it he can try his luck in the draft
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:14 am
Post subject: Re: Article 11: Deceptive and misleading conduct: Jarryd BlaReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
I put it to the Magpie faithful on Nick's that Hine and the Collingwood Football Club have secretly signed Jarryd Blair during the 2017 Season without any public announcement. In a world when any meaningful news gets published on the Pies website and the greater media industry, I find it staggering to see this post by Nick Bowen:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-06/2018-free-agents-lynch-gaff-headline-monster-list

To all the naysayers whom value Blair, this article isn't about the merits of his bona fides, more so if he actually has signed on for another year, this signing would have to go down as the most secret contract extension since Google started.

I am genuinely hopeful that this isn't the case and he is till under scrutiny before final list lodgements are completed. As stated in recent articles we need to have adequate primary list coverage to fit in our Draft picks and surely Blair and Smith are necessary delistings to accommodate such draft inclusions.

i knew he had been resigned. He deserved it. just because people here dont like him doesnt mean shit to me.

This board would have lynched Leigh Brown before you decided to make him a cult hero. this board is on an eternal search for a scapegoat and even our best players haven't been spared over the years.

Sidey, Cloke, Blair, Leigh Brown. Back in the day it was Tarkyn Lockyer, Tyson Goldsack. Now its Blair's turn. Its silly but there you are.

Blair signed a contract befitting a very professional back-up player and i am more than happy to see him continue in that role. Even if he only plays 5 games next year (maybe when Elliot rolls his ankle or Faz hurts his shoulder). But i like Blair as my cover guy in this situation.

We spend far too much time worrying about the players in our our 25-30 range. Maybe as an exercise, you should figure out who the 25th best player is on any other team list and see if they hold a candle to Blair. i think you might be surprised to learn that Blair is one of the best 25th players in the AFL.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:08 am

<snip, knock it off with inflammatory remarks like these, thanks - the mods>

It’s fair enough to argue that he should not be selected on a week by week basis, but the disrespect shown in conspiracy theory post headings like this says nothing about Blair and much about the poster.

<Mod note: The title has been changed. Play on.>

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:58 am

Wow! The vitriol, going the poster, the acceptance of mediocrity is palpable. Who would you rather (as you call it) as our best 25th player next year:

J Daicos
K Kirby
C Brown
J Aish

Or delisted free agents:

T McKenzie
L Hansen
M Close
S Collins
B Hartung
M White
B Lennon
M Talia

All of whom above surely provide more impact than Blair. We are a club that needs to be honest with itself and the perseverance of Blair is effectively an exercise in dishonest list management.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:01 am

Mugwump wrote:

It’s fair enough to argue that he should not be selected on a week by week basis, but the disrespect shown in conspiracy theory post headings like this says nothing about Blair and much about the poster.

Apologies for wanting 100% transparency and honesty from my club.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:10 am

Well this is delicious!
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:02 am

inxs88 wrote:
Wow! The vitriol, going the poster, the acceptance of mediocrity is palpable. Who would you rather (as you call it) as our best 25th player next year:

J Daicos
K Kirby
C Brown
J Aish

Or delisted free agents:

T McKenzie
L Hansen
M Close
S Collins
B Hartung
M White
B Lennon
M Talia

All of whom above surely provide more impact than Blair. We are a club that needs to be honest with itself and the perseverance of Blair is effectively an exercise in dishonest list management.

Given what we gave up to get Aish and the coin he is on, Aish had better bloody well be in the best 22 next year!!!

As for the other 3, Kirby, Daicos and Brown, i have them in the 30-40 part of our list (i.e., the 10 or so young players we hope one day soon to be in our best 22). If you want to win games (which in 2018 is going to be the main goal of our club - i hope), playing Kirby or Daicos ahead of Blair on exposed form is folly!! When they are ready (and prove they are better than Blair in the first instance and then members of the best 22 in the second instance) they will all get games ahead of Blair. Until then, give me more Blair! It worked in 2010 - players weren't gifted spots - they had to prove they were good enough to replace O'Bree, Lockyer and Fraser! ironically, Blair was one of the guys who proved he was better than Lockyer and O'Bree and he helped take a top 4 team over the top!

This is AFL football man, not little league. It is not a participation sport. Only the best deserve games. The 22 blokes best able to win me games are the 22 i want on the field.

There is no one on the reject list you have provided that i would play as my high defensive pressure forward ahead of Blair.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 am

inxs88 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Apologies for wanting 100% transparency and honesty from my club.

Blair is a dud and everyone in the football world knows it. It is why the club is where it is at.,,,,bottom third of the ladder. CFC is unprofessional and the quiet way he was resigned shows it.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:17 am

Mugwump wrote:

i wish i got to read your post! whenever i see a snip, i am always saddened that i missed something truly awesome! (even though i agree with mods for doing it)

Craigmac 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:31 am

I too cant believe Blair is still on the list.

He has never developed as you would expect from 2010 into either a 25 plus possession midfielder or a 30 to 40 goal small forward. He struggles to get more than 10 possessions and is often an embarrassment as a lead up target who cant hold a mark.

I will agree his defensive pressure is better than most but I would argue that is because he cant win his own ball. Tackling is his only option.

I rather see Daicos, Brown and Kirby tried.......
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am

Interesting that Richmond have just won a premiership with a forward line full of Blair clones i.e. who don't kick many goals or win many possessions, but do provide defensive pressure....
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am

2-1 Blair is being groomed as our next coach
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

Boogie Knights wrote:
Interesting that Richmond have just won a premiership with a forward line full of Blair clones i.e. who don't kick many goals or win many possessions, but do provide defensive pressure....

Rioli, Butler and Castagna are fast.
Blair is not. Neither are Daicos, Brown or Kirby.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm calling it - with Bucks signed, the future of Jarryd Blair is now the most boring subject matter on Nick's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9   

Jump to: