Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What did you find odd today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Luvdids noted:

When there's a body found, that's clearly been murdered, I always find it odd that news reports say "Police are treating the death as suspicious".... really?? You mean someone didn't have a heart attack & bury themselves in a shallow grave? Or they didn't fall over & slash their own throat by accident? Or they didn't die of natural causes & put themselves in pieces in garbage bags afterwards? Shocked Shocked OF COURSE it's suspicious! Rolling Eyes

Ronrat commented

Happens all the time in Thailand. The favourite one is the 60 year old blokes who suddenly decide to jump out of their condo to their death usually weeks after naming the Thai 30 year old girlfriend as beneficiary in the will. Second favourite is the men who manage to stab themselves in the back.[/quote]

WPT added: From Accidental Death of an Anarchist by Dario Fo

Background
The play is a farce based on the real-life events surrounding Italian railwayman and anarchist Giuseppe Pinelli, who fell or was thrown to his death from the fourth floor window of a Milan police station in 1969. Pinelli was accused of bombing a bank (the Piazza Fontana bombing) but was cleared of the charge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidental_Death_of_an_Anarchist

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:58 pm

How about those news items that say the person suffered injuries that are 'incompatible with life' instead of life threatening.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Bucks5 wrote:
How about those news items that say the person suffered injuries that are 'incompatible with life' instead of life threatening.

I remember this from the dream world incident. The difference is even if the person is still alive they have no chance of staying that way, or if dead, they cannot be revived because the injuries are so severe, decapitation (when the next of kin have not been notified) or severe head injuries or chest injuries, which is very different from a severe bleed that will kill if not slowed or stopped, life threatening, but there is a chance of survival.

The dreamland case, the people were mangled under the ride, and they could not immediately recover them, so they didnt in fact know if anyone was alive, but their injuries were obviously not compatible with living.
http://www.news.com.au/national/ambulance-officer-slammed-for-saying-four-dreamworld-dead-suffered-injuries-incompatible-with-life/news-story/8d090b77b4f942237839b488b6567637

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:28 pm

ronrat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

I'm tipping your GF isn't the beneficiary of your will. Wink

She could be but I have jack shit. So if she wants 10 years in the slammer for a set of golf clubs go for it. We only have 2 storeys and hopefully if I land it will be on a passerby who seems to think the front of our place is a parking lot.

Good call. So your defence pension isn't transferable on death?

Dude, you're a life support system for a bank account. You're worth more alive than dead.

Well played sir. Wink Laughing

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
ronrat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

She could be but I have jack shit. So if she wants 10 years in the slammer for a set of golf clubs go for it. We only have 2 storeys and hopefully if I land it will be on a passerby who seems to think the front of our place is a parking lot.

Dude, you're a life support system for a bank account. You're worth more alive than dead.

Anyone who is worth more than their golf clubs is doing ok if you ask me. Just dont buy a new set.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:22 am

stui magpie wrote:
ronrat wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Mines a future fund pension. And it is all unclear what happens. But your last sentence is a creed over here. Watched embassy the other night. Some dude did his super buying a house etc and was promptly kicked out when it was finished. Turns out her "ex"husband was living a 100 metres away the whole time. Happens all the time and they won't listen. "My girl is different" is up there with a few doozies over here. I will pay you back and I am lady but give you blowjob only is another .

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:24 am

Thanks for the English lesson, mary.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Watching the cremation ceromony of the late King of Thailand. The patience and durability of the slow marching service people and the monks is amazing. The pomp. cremony and cost is extraordinary. If those hats are real bearskins then how many of these creatures died , must have been thousands, for an occasion not seen here in 70 years. hey must have rehearsing this for months. The craftwork done on the various floats is incredible.

There is no way this many people can go this long without taking a piss. They must have some concealed containers. It is the only timeI can recall ssing this many Thais in one spot with out hundreds of roadside stalls and food carts. All this has been going on for hours already and we have 3 hours before the torch. All 7-11 etc will shut up shop at 2.30 and not reopen until midnight.

I have adequate stocks of rum, vodka and beer. It is quiet outside and the dog is blissfully sleeping. Fortunately it is not raining Only a 100 metres from the Wat. Then the monks take over. The head monk in the procession sitting on top of what is probably the funeral carriage looks like he desperately needs a cup of tea.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Sheesh, That sounds epic!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:38 pm

What's odd is how I currently feel.

I've been pissed off with work for a while now. Yesterday I had a meeting with the boss and she told me my jobs being made redundant.

It's an interesting feeling. Like being in a relationship for a long time and you're starting to feel that you want out, then the other party comes to you and tells to leave. Clear blue sky, didn't see it coming.

Initial reaction was shock, then a little excitement. I get to leave and get some cash as a safety net while I look for another job. Then the bruised ego kicked in and it feels like a kick in the guts.

They held a meeting this morning to go through the restructure with all the people. I didn't go, the boss left that up to me. She actually gave me the option of having the day off but I chose to go in to work today so I could talk to my direct reports. it's never nice to see people upset, but it was somewhat gratifying to see their reaction. A few tears, some venting, no one was feeling happy.

It was a good team, we had a good run, but all good things come to an end.

If we can come to terms on 1 sticking point, pro rata LSL, I'll probably be unemployed within 2 weeks. If not, I may be forced to make a pr1ck of myself and drag things out, which I don't want to do but I will if I have to.

Just had a phone call from my ex boss who I told via email in the process of checking if he had any jobs going. Nice to get some positive reinforcement, something that's been lacking the past few months.

As the shock is wearing off, I'm not unhappy. It's an opportunity you don't get very often. Clean start with the opportunity to be choosey because there's no financial pressure. I'm starting to look forward to the next chapter, just 1 hurdle to clear first.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Oops. Too much data.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 pm

After last weeks post its maybe a blessing in disguise hey. If you have to leave a job its nice to get a package. Great timing too, enjoy summer, worry about it in the new year. Didnt you recently knock back another job closer to home? Youll be right. Have a scotch to soothe the bruised ego. Works paying for it! Cheers
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:06 pm

think positive wrote:
After last weeks post its maybe a blessing in disguise hey. If you have to leave a job its nice to get a package. Great timing too, enjoy summer, worry about it in the new year. Didnt you recently knock back another job closer to home? Youll be right. Have a scotch to soothe the bruised ego. Works paying for it! Cheers

It's not a bad thing, once i work through the bruised ego etc I think I'll be very happy with the outcome. I think the joint is going to hell in a handbasket, but I've been wrong before. Once, I think. Wink

2 bottles of red last night helped the bruising a bit, and even after a baileys on ice nightcap I still woke up at 5:40am fine to go to work.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear Stui, but if you weren't happy probably not the worst thing in the world, always nice to have something teed up first though.

So, does that mean there'll be no HR department? (Never really sure about "redundant" - my understanding is that the role will no longer exist?)

Hope you don't have to give your car back - will you just take over the repayments, instead of the novator?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Thanks Chris, far from the worst thing and the redundancy buys me time to look around and make choices.

No HR department anymore, it's now called "people and Culture" Confused

Likely I'll give the car back to the lease company. As I understand it (I'll check) my choices are to pay out the residual, which I won't do as that amount of cash would last me a year drawn down weekly, or hand it back and they sell it. Option B looks like the go, unfortunately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 78 of 84   

Jump to: