Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Beanie wrote:
As You Like It - Shakespeare at the Pop Up Globe.
Lots of fun, with quite a few modern references.
Glad we paid extra for under cover seats and not the Groundlings (floor area) when it started to rain.

Sounds fantastic. A mate is going to see "Much Ado" there in a few weeks - the play that more or less set the rom-com template. Sh was such a bloody genius.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:
Glad we paid extra for under cover seats and not the Groundlings (floor area) when it started to rain.

Sounds fantastic. A mate is going to see "Much Ado" there in a few weeks - the play that more or less set the rom-com template. Sh was such a bloody genius.

Debated about which one to see.
May go to Much Ado if there are still tickets and we can fit it the diary.

To anyone going, check the weather forecast. If rain is predicted you will need a waterproof necked or rain poncho in the Groundlings area. And rug up. Last night was cold but I took one of our footy blankets, so we were fine.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:44 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:

Debated about which one to see.
May go to Much Ado if there are still tickets and we can fit it the diary.

To anyone going, check the weather forecast. If rain is predicted you will need a waterproof necked or rain poncho in the Groundlings area. And rug up. Last night was cold but I took one of our footy blankets, so we were fine.

Hope you do get to see Much Ado. It is a sublime comedy, which defined the rom-com template 400 years ago. I like ""As You Like It", but "Much Ado" is clearly superior, I think. What other writer could get away with a single scene where a confused admission of love between two essentially good people is entangled with the demand that one of the lovers kill his best friend to avenge the other's best friend ? The shifts of light and darkness in that play are exhilarating.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:21 am

Listening to Jon Faine this morning on 774 radio on Mental Health Week (this week). An anonymous caller rang in to say the best thing they'd done for their mental health was divorce.

This of course can be no laughing matter.

But I laughed when I first heard it read out.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Hehehe

I thought of you today WPT. Spent the day getting the yard ready for summer, karchered everything in sight! Just enough time to put my Reid vintage cruiser together, was just about finished, its a gorgeous bike by the way, and I was deciding between the um new vintage seat or my good quality built for comfort seat from my old bike, I thought Ill just get the tube ready first and then I though oh **** bad idea . And it wont come out! Tipped the bike upside down, shake shake shake, spray spray pray spray, Nup. If hubby cant get it out well Ill buy a new one and pretend its extra strengthening! Bugger bugger bugger, but it was kinda funny!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:08 am

think positive wrote:
Hehehe

I thought of you today WPT. Spent the day getting the yard ready for summer, karchered everything in sight! Just enough time to put my Reid vintage cruiser together, was just about finished, its a gorgeous bike by the way, and I was deciding between the um new vintage seat or my good quality built for comfort seat from my old bike, I thought Ill just get the tube ready first and then I though oh **** bad idea . And it wont come out! Tipped the bike upside down, shake shake shake, spray spray pray spray, Nup. If hubby cant get it out well Ill buy a new one and pretend its extra strengthening! Bugger bugger bugger, but it was kinda funny!

Laughing I don't bother patching tubes any more, just get a new one. But I don't get punctures - the trade off is a less light & a less fast tyre but less punctures. I also have arthritis & not too much strength in my fingers.

Spring weather is great for riding. Enjoy when you get the bike but together.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am

The chaser crew on working with MMM radio:

"It [Triple M Sydney] was absolutely our first choice after Nova, KIIS, Smooth, 2WS, the SBS Arabic station, and the Townsville tourist information transmitter all turned us down," he said.

Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:55 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Hehehe

Laughing I don't bother patching tubes any more, just get a new one. But I don't get punctures - the trade off is a less light & a less fast tyre but less punctures. I also have arthritis & not too much strength in my fingers.

Seat tube I meant! The frame swallowed it! Hubby got it out! Hopefully Ill get to ride it tomorrow! Cheers and yes this weather is awesome,

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:00 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Hehehe

Seat tube I meant! The frame swallowed it! Hubby got it out! Hopefully Ill get to ride it tomorrow! Cheers and yes this weather is awesome,

Embarassed sorry I'm not sure what a seat tube is Shocked but I think I get the picture. Embarassed Shocked Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:18 am

Stem, post, steel pole thingy you attach the seat too! When I googled it to get another just in case, it said tube! I thought it was the technical word for it!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm

Just a chuckle but still.

Quote:
The Twitter account of global fast food giant KFC has more than 1.2 million followers, but only follows five English women and six men in return. Theyre all certified accounts

The women include Victoria Beckham, Mel B, and Geri Halliwell.

The six men includes a musician, journalist, a Green Bay Packers player and university football coach as well was the LA City Council President.

Why?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-kfc-twitter-account-follows-just-5-women-and-6-men-for-a-very-specific-reason-and-it-took-a-guy-in-pr-to-figure-out-why-2017-10

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:52 am

Speaking of chicken...

https://youtu.be/4qP8LHurwHw

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:04 am

http://www.leunig.com.au/images/recent-cartoons/steps-w.jpg
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:43 am

The chicken one is evil good, the comments are a crack up! Is th3 KFC one legit? Thats clever! And the phone one is sadly true! I cant believe how many toddlers you see with iPads or playing with phones.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Plastic surgery!
https://youtu.be/1KNeIsrPJKo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 147 of 200   

Jump to: