Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

While at work stopped into my daughters boyfriend's burger place (he's a co-owner & works bloody long hard hours). Saving Grace wine bar & Burger boys Burgers. The place is a cool looking wine bar in the CBD near little collins & william street. Great burger. Tasty & not greasy. No drinks as at work.

From Beat magazine:

[u]What are you most proud of at Burger Boys[/u]? The quality of our food has always been paramount to our success, and staying away from gimmicks like burger challenges and crazy big burgers with 20 patties. Were proud of our high-quality and simplistic approach to cooking. Were not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Share with us some exciting Burger Boys news. Weve just teamed up with a brand new bar called Saving Grace in the legal district of Melbourne. Weve taken up a residency in their kitchen serving lunch and dinner five days a week, Monday to Friday. That end of the city is severely lacking in decent bars so were very excited to be partnered with such a strong new offering.

The biggest burger sin is Not treating your meat right. So many burger places get it so wrong. The beef should be ground fresh every single day, seasoned just before cooking and have the optimum fat content. We try and treat our beef like a nice steak: anything past medium and you start to lose flavour and moisture.

Do you accept complicated orders? Whats the craziest order you have received and made? We allow pretty much any modification to the menu that the customer can think of. That being said, weve worked long and hard trying to balance the flavours and textures in each burger, so a heavily customer modified burger often doesnt turn out great. We once sold four triple patty burgers and two baskets of fried chicken to one guy. RIP heart.

Burger Boys at 32 Church Lane CBD

http://www.burgerboys.com.au

I had the classic burger:

150g beef patty, Bacon, American hi-melt cheese, American mustard, ketchup, tomato, red onion, lettuce, kewpie mayo and kosher pickle.

Yum scrum.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Well the food on-site has reached a new level of crapness!

Sodexo, the new caterers (and mob taking over my role) are fckn hopeless!

Last night was some pork slop stew thing or a Cajun chicken thing, they run out of eggs and when they do have them, they're the size of something your budgie might leave in its cage.

They have run out of the most popular beers in the bar... truck day tomorrow.

Sodexo = Shit!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 pm

watt price tully wrote:
While at work stopped into my daughters boyfriend's burger place (he's a co-owner & works bloody long hard hours). Saving Grace wine bar & Burger boys Burgers. The place is a cool looking wine bar in the CBD near little collins & william street. Great burger. Tasty & not greasy. No drinks as at work.

From Beat magazine:

[u]What are you most proud of at Burger Boys[/u]? The quality of our food has always been paramount to our success, and staying away from gimmicks like burger challenges and crazy big burgers with 20 patties. Were proud of our high-quality and simplistic approach to cooking. Were not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Share with us some exciting Burger Boys news. Weve just teamed up with a brand new bar called Saving Grace in the legal district of Melbourne. Weve taken up a residency in their kitchen serving lunch and dinner five days a week, Monday to Friday. That end of the city is severely lacking in decent bars so were very excited to be partnered with such a strong new offering.

The biggest burger sin is Not treating your meat right. So many burger places get it so wrong. The beef should be ground fresh every single day, seasoned just before cooking and have the optimum fat content. We try and treat our beef like a nice steak: anything past medium and you start to lose flavour and moisture.

Do you accept complicated orders? Whats the craziest order you have received and made? We allow pretty much any modification to the menu that the customer can think of. That being said, weve worked long and hard trying to balance the flavours and textures in each burger, so a heavily customer modified burger often doesnt turn out great. We once sold four triple patty burgers and two baskets of fried chicken to one guy. RIP heart.

150g beef patty, Bacon, American hi-melt cheese, American mustard, ketchup, tomato, red onion, lettuce, kewpie mayo and kosher pickle.

Yum scrum.

A good simple burger, made and cooked well, is a thing of delight.

That's a good standard burger right there. Personally I'd replace the kosher pickle with beetroot and put the pickle on the side with the chips, medium polish style chili pickle works a treat.

How was the bun? For mine, the bun needs to be fresh and lightly toasted. .

A good old fashioned burger with the lot from a family fish and chip shop is still better than any of these new (or old) name brand burger joints IMHO.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:47 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

From Beat magazine:

Yum scrum.

That's a good standard burger right there. Personally I'd replace the kosher pickle with beetroot and put the pickle on the side with the chips, medium polish style chili pickle works a treat.

A good old fashioned burger with the lot from a family fish and chip shop is still better than any of these new (or old) name brand burger joints IMHO.

The pickle was on the side (half a long pickle). Their buns were pretty good actually. I too prefer bread burger rolls, they had large brioche buns which I was surprised how good they were.

I like a decent burger from the fish'n chip shop which I had for tea last night: flake, burger, a few chips and salad.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 am

Those brioche buns are bloody incredible! Discovered them on the cruise, evil good! I bought a loaf of the brioche bread from Aldi, didnt last long! I eat very little bread, so I wont buy it too often, too tempting! My mum made fantastic hamburgers. Certainly prefer a hand made one rather than the plastic thin ones!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 am

Those brioche buns are bloody incredible! Discovered them on the cruise, evil good! I bought a loaf of the brioche bread from Aldi, didnt last long! I eat very little bread, so I wont buy it too often, too tempting! My mum made fantastic hamburgers. Certainly prefer a hand made one rather than the plastic thin ones!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 am

Not a big fan of the brioche

last night just had.............stuff. Don't know if there's a name for it.

Some cold chicken, salami, couple of different cheeses, pickles, pickled onions, stuffed baby bell peppers, celery sticks, dip and some biscuits.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 am

Got home last night and had some broccoli soup that Kel made, basically just broccoli and onion, with a bit of stock which is delicious.

Followed that up with a cheese and sweet mustard pickle toasted sanga.
I don't do them in a sandwich maker, I prefer to do them in the fry pan over a gas hot plate.

A simple yet scrumbo meal after a week of camp groul.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Skids wrote:
Well the food on-site has reached a new level of crapness!

Sodexo, the new caterers (and mob taking over my role) are fckn hopeless!

Last night was some pork slop stew thing or a Cajun chicken thing, they run out of eggs and when they do have them, they're the size of something your budgie might leave in its cage.

They have run out of the most popular beers in the bar... truck day tomorrow.

Sodexo = Shit!

Happened in Defence bases years ago. One place had no condiments when they tookover. Cost a bloody fortune to include them.Another one made no allowance for the guard dogs and wouldn't even give them meat scraps as they sold them to a pig farmer or some such.Another one did not allow properly for dining in nights. They stuffed up the diet so badly in Townsville that the local Mc Donalds made a fortune. Little things like hot meals delivered to duty rooms.

A visiting US General told us not to do it. Said it was an absolute cock up in the USA. These big companies chuck a low bid in then and make up the profit from contract amendments. The quality of the meals is not measured during negotations. The only decent meals would have gone to the pricks who negotiated the contracts when they were wined and dined at some seafood place in Perth.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

From Beat magazine:

Yum scrum.

Yep, the thing that chews me up about burgers is the sloppiness factor. A great burger has a small amount of relish or ketchup, then a good low fat mince, tomato (without the goddamn woody stemmy bit) lettuce and onion. That's it. Burger boys sounds good. Next time I'm in Melbourne I'll try it.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Dp

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Lucky I'm not eating rations.

went simple tonight, took a leaf from Skids with the toasted sangers.

I've got a small omelette pan which is basically two 6" fry pans connected on a hinge. Perfect for a pan fried sanger.

Sliced roast chicken, english mustard, Camembert and salami. On the side, some pickles, salt and vinegar chips and a couple of other odds and sods.

Yum

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Mugwump wrote:
[quote="stui magpie"][quote="watt price tully"]While at work stopped into my daughters boyfriend's burger place (he's a co-owner & works bloody long hard hours). Saving Grace wine bar & Burger boys Burgers. The place is a cool looking wine bar in the CBD near little collins & william street. Great burger. Tasty & not greasy. No drinks as at work.

From Beat magazine:

[[i]u]What are you most proud of at Burger Boys[/u]? The quality of our food has always been paramount to our success, and staying away from gimmicks like burger challenges and crazy big burgers with 20 patties. Were proud of our high-quality and simplistic approach to cooking. Were not trying to reinvent the wheel.

[u]Share with us some exciting Burger Boys news[/u]. Weve just teamed up with a brand new bar called Saving Grace in the legal district of Melbourne. Weve taken up a residency in their kitchen serving lunch and dinner five days a week, Monday to Friday. That end of the city is severely lacking in decent bars so were very excited to be partnered with such a strong new offering.

[u]The biggest burger sin is[/u] Not treating your meat right. So many burger places get it so wrong. The beef should be ground fresh every single day, seasoned just before cooking and have the optimum fat content. We try and treat our beef like a nice steak: anything past medium and you start to lose flavour and moisture.

[u]Do you accept complicated orders? Whats the craziest order you have received and made[/u]? We allow pretty much any modification to the menu that the customer can think of. That being said, weve worked long and hard trying to balance the flavours and textures in each burger, so a heavily customer modified burger often doesnt turn out great. We once sold four triple patty burgers and two baskets of fried chicken to one guy. RIP heart.[/i]

Yum scrum.[/quote]

A good old fashioned burger with the lot from a family fish and chip shop is still better than any of these new (or old) name brand burger joints IMHO.[/quote]

Yep, the thing that chews me up about burgers is the sloppiness factor. A great burger has a small amount of relish or ketchup, then a good low fat mince, tomato (without the goddamn woody stemmy bit) lettuce and onion. That's it. Burger bous
I can enjoy almost any conversation.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 pm

^

I'm taking out an ARO against you, you bolt sucking vacuum cleaner

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Mrs WPT made vegetarian risotto. Fridge vege's although she did use about 250 mls of chicken stock that was left in the fridge from last week.

Ice cream & blueberries for desert.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 78 of 119   

Jump to: