Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Stringer is available

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 pm
Post subject: Re: YesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I couldn't care less what he does off field, he is a great forward . Let's recruit him. I want Barry Hall as our assistant coach and would be happy getting some mongel back into our game plan .

There is such a thing called integrity and if I was busting my guts in any team sport I would like to think my teammate has it.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

People can feel how they want about Stringer but he'll only improve a team in Essendon or Geelong that already finished this season above us.

Lever will do the same for Melbourne.

While you trade for your needs first a positive offset of that also is that you stop your opposition getting a leg up in the process.

Stringer for me is the perfect example of that as his best his AA level and he'll be available for significantly less on the trade table because of his off field issues.

He's still only 23 also.

I fear we'll regret not pursuing him in future seasons.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:10 pm

If people knew the real story / stories behind Stringer and his departure you wouldn't touch him under any circumstances.

I have Essendon friends in the know and they don't want him signing at their club.

You gotta think it odd that just two teams are showing any interest in "The Package"...

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Let's try a different angle on Stringer.
Historically clubs have generally stood by their good players for reasons that are obvious.
Melbourne had a history of several players with gambling issues and they stuck by them all and offered support. StKilda had issues with players and young girls and the club chose to stick by them.
This is now what clubs do, they understand the need to support their players through " most " off field discretions. These days, setting players adrift in tough times is not seen as a good look by the clubs.

The Dogs would be no different in that philosophy and yet they chose to cut him loose and effectively lower his trade value on the way out.
Remember, Libba had his well documented issues and they stuck by him.

All this suggests to me there is a lot more going on than just what we read in the papers.
The AFL is a small world, you can guarantee that every club would know the truth. And we are about to find out just which one thinks their " culture " can turn him around. I'm glad it's not our clubs challenge, we just don't need the everyday distraction that will come with his recruitment.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:59 am

swoop42 wrote:
People can feel how they want about Stringer but he'll only improve a team in Essendon or Geelong that already finished this season above us.

Lever will do the same for Melbourne.

While you trade for your needs first a positive offset of that also is that you stop your opposition getting a leg up in the process.

Stringer for me is the perfect example of that as his best his AA level and he'll be available for significantly less on the trade table because of his off field issues.

He's still only 23 also.

I fear we'll regret not pursuing him in future seasons.

And for every team gaining a player of quality, there's a team that loses one. Flipside is that Crows and Dogs will be weakened by the departures (debatable Dogs). Both of those teams also finished higher than us.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 am

Bombers have offered pick 28. If you can beat that you get him. In saying that clubs are backing away at a rate of knots. There is no way Buckley can ask for Stringer to come to the Pies, considering his strong character assessment stance that forced a player like Heater out.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Sometimes you got to take a risk I say we have a crack at him.

www.facebook/the hybernators
matrix10 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Shit person who form what my sauces tell me is a very large reason why the bulldogs went off the rails this year.
If it was as simple as - dickhead who needs to grow up- then I';d take him- but we need solidarity not slip into old ways, where factions between goody too shoes and bad boys break down club.

I wish him well and hope he sorts his life out- and hope even more AFL decides to ban gambling advertising at games on during telecasts.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 pm

So he's going to go to the Dons to play under Worsfold, who has such a great record with coaching players with addiction.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Doggies are going to play real hardball on him, they are going to bleed white the club he goes too, they have stated this fact. I say pass on him, too risky.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Culprit wrote:
Bombers have offered pick 28. If you can beat that you get him. In saying that clubs are backing away at a rate of knots. There is no way Buckley can ask for Stringer to come to the Pies, considering his strong character assessment stance that forced a player like Heater out.

How the hell can pick 28 alone get it done? I'll spew if they get him that cheap.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Doggies are going to play real hardball on him, they are going to bleed white the club he goes too, they have stated this fact. I say pass on him, too risky.

Doggies will break in the end... I think everyone already knows this. It's all bluff, they want him out. pick 28 and steak knives will get it done.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:54 pm

I'm curious about whether Stringer turned up to the Dogs' best and fairest dinner last night. Anyone know?
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:59 pm

K wrote:
I'm curious about whether Stringer turned up to the Dogs' best and fairest dinner last night. Anyone know?

I'd have thought so... he had money riding on the outcome... Shocked
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:06 pm

^^^

Today's herald sun says he didn't turn up at the B and F ( it's in the Stringer article )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: