Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Adani

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 am
Post subject: AdaniReply with quote

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1704H034S00#playing

Great viewing and we have a State Labour Party and the Federal LNP basically on the take. If this is so worthwhile and profitable, why are Australian taxpayers subsidising Adani 1 Billion dollars. We are selling our Country off piece by piece.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Post subject: Re: AdaniReply with quote

Culprit wrote:
http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1704H034S00#playing

Great viewing and we have a State Labour Party and the Federal LNP basically on the take. If this is so worthwhile and profitable, why are Australian taxpayers subsidising Adani 1 Billion dollars. We are selling our Country off piece by piece.

I'll be seeing it on TV during the week. The greens have been saying this for years but their clear & evidence based views have falling on deaf political ears. Mind you how many other Australian & foreign companies do we subsidize like this?

Prior to the last QLD state election:

"....Stop Campbell Newman funding Adani .....This is lunacy.

Queensland Premier Campbell Newman has announced he will privatise public assets to help pay for Adani's Abbot Point and Carmichael coal mines.

Taxpayer money that would otherwise be spent on public infrastructure like schools and hospitals will now be used as corporate welfare for a mining billionaire.

Newman has been unable to find private investors willing to back Adani's coal projects in the Galilee Basin. That's because investors can see that this coal mine is a lame duck that will be an economic and ecological disaster
.."

https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/great-barrier-reef--3/campbell-newman-great-barrier-reef/stop-campbell-newman-funding-adani-with-your-money

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Adani's African adventure is a case in polution point. They are not fit to deserve Australian tax payer money.

"....This isn't a company that has a chequered past, or a slightly blemished record. This is a company which has proven itself corrupt, destructive and deceitful to its core.

It has no regard for its own workers or the law, much less the environment or the local communities it works in. It operates with a vicious mentality where human or environmental damage are par for course.

The agreements and commitments it makes appear worthless. This is a company that doesn't hesitate before breaking the law, contract conditions or moral boundaries in its reckless pursuit of profit.

Adani's proven track record of environmental destruction, human rights abuses, corruption and illegal dealings should sound a stern warning for any government looking to do business with Adani.

And with an open cut coal mine that risks precious groundwater, the habitat of endangered species and the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef, working with Adani would defy all learning and and semblance of good judgement
...."

https://adanifiles.com.au

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And the mooted 10,000 jobs is also a crock as Adani has plans to ship in cheap overseas labour.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:37 am

Dark Beanie wrote:
And the mooted 10,000 jobs is also a crock as Adani has plans to ship in cheap overseas labour.
Throw in the private enterprise doesn't want to invest money into Adani. What does that tell you? Apathetic Australia needs to wake from it's slumber.

Last edited by Culprit on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Just watched it, bloody hell, its beyond corruption, its past criminal. Greed. Evil.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:04 am

^^We are not hearing much about it as it's corruption at every Government level.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Even the local council is helping them out by building airport infrastructure....

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/mayor-defends-decision-despite-social-media-backlash/news-story/1705b19ad4e797ef6ca0ed4b31ce3e97

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 am

^^Corruption at every level of Government. Queensland is literally one open cut mine.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 pm

There are a few Australian mining companies that are not exactly squeaky clean either. My brother went to Iran Jaya and BHP have ruined an entire ecosystem and the Indonesian government is up to their ears in corruption.

Thew whole thing smacks of political expediency to win the next State election and if there is an ecological disaster the government of the time will cop the blame.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:47 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-26/bureaucrats-to-be-grilled-over-adani-funding/9086262

Amazing Shocked Rolling Eyes
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:16 am

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/queensland-election-result-threatens-future-of-adani-coal-mine-matt-canavan-20171126-gzsz52.html

No doubt about it, the smart people know it's an issue.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-24/david-leyonhjelm-revealed-as-investor-in-adani-port/9743572

Shocked Shocked Shocked
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:10 am

What do you do in your spare time?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:38 am

Culprit wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-24/david-leyonhjelm-revealed-as-investor-in-adani-port/9743572

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Totally legal and acceptable, of course. But let's keep cracking down on accidental dual citizens lest our politicians not act in the national interest...

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:42 am

It goes without saying. Do you have a hard time completing projects?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: