Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies into Jake Lever (confirmed - gone to Dees)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
6 + Shaz would get it done?

Maybe, I dunno, guess it depends how they view Shaz. It's better than Melbourne's first and second rounder in my opinion.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:33 pm

I wouldn't give them pick 6 & Shaz. Maybe we trade 6 for a later first rounder and something/someone else first. I haven't seen a lot of him prior to the GF but is he a genuine key back or a tad small?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:57 pm

Crows fans on Bigfooty reckon he was so bad in the GF, they cant wait to be rid of him, so buyer beware. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm

When was this exactly?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Crows fans on Bigfooty reckon he was so bad in the GF, they cant wait to be rid of him, so buyer beware. !

He's not worth our no.6 and Shaz. However he's much better than his display in the GF where he was scragged and blocked out of the contest repeatedly. He's young. He'll learn from his GF experience. If Buckley wants him the club should do everything to make it possible to get him. We owe that to Buckley after the Mayne debacle.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:08 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

He's not worth our no.6 and Shaz. However he's much better than his display in the GF where he was scragged and blocked out of the contest repeatedly. He's young. He'll learn from his GF experience. If Buckley wants him the club should do everything to make it possible to get him. We owe that to Buckley after the Mayne debacle.

YES, and to be fair, he had a LOT of useless mates in that GF, Tex being the worst out of em all, I could only count five Crows who could hold their heads up post game, and that's being generous too. ! I SUPPOSE we could offer Mayne to them in a straight swap for Lever. Razz Razz Surprised Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

I didn't think he was bad at all, just didn't have his usual impact. I'm sure the Crow eaters are marking him pretty harshly considering he is leaving them.

Talia on the other hand I thought was completely exposed.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Lever is certainly a talent with leadership qualities but doubts remain whether he's capable of developing into a genuine KPD.

He lacks a little speed and is not overly strong in the body at present. Most likely he ends up a classier version of Goldsack minus the foot speed.

Still something that is missing so far in the debate is that we are in the age of team zone defence so having multiple players who are excellent readers of the play, have an ability to intercept mark or know when to leave an opponent to create a spoil would seem beneficial to me and a positive in favour of the Lever recruitment.

Of course you need those who can take the opposition gorilla and Lever isn't that (at present) but McLarty might be eventually and in the short term we have Dunn and Reid (Keeffe?).

It seems all the talk around Lever is moot anyway and he'll end up at Melbourne.

He's certainly worth pick 6 but I don't feel we can give away much more than that so soon after the Treloar deal.

Personally I'm quite happy if we look to turn pick 6, 36 into 12+18 from Brisbane or Schache + 18.

Potentially we could then turn pick 18 into 13 if Fasolo requests trade to West Coast.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

That's nothing, we even have a thread on here about trading Pendlebury.
People lose a lot of rationale when their club doesn't meet expectations.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:41 pm

I don't think any defender is worth 2 first round draft picks, I hope the club doesn't fall for it.

Take Brander pick 6 and there is our Lever then we use next years first rounder on another gun.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
I don't think any defender is worth 2 first round draft picks, I hope the club doesn't fall for it.

Take Brander pick 6 and there is our Lever then we use next years first rounder on another gun.

I agree.
Jamesy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 pm

If we're a chance of getting Lever, get him. He is great, and will get even better. In saying that.....pick 6 and Shaz is outrageous though.

Go the Pies!
Visdom 

Success takes planning

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:20 pm
Post subject: Tell them they're dreamingReply with quote

lever is an excellent defender but the Crow want overs for him. Let the Demons pay overs for him. Shaz will exceed Lever within two years. Lever is worth a mid first round pick only. Dance is worth two first round picks. No deal.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:12 am

Invigoration wrote:
mattdally wrote:
6 + Shaz would get it done?

Maybe, I dunno, guess it depends how they view Shaz. It's better than Melbourne's first and second rounder in my opinion.

Scharenberg is better then Lever!!!!! Why on earth would we need to throw in a 6 pick (which would get you a potential 10 year star of the game). The only reason to do this is if Scharenberg wants to go home. And there is no way, i'd give up our best 2 young assets.

Aish and 6 might make more sense. Not Scharenberg. No way.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:10 am

The hype on Lever is a tad over rated.
He's a good player no doubt but not 2 X 1st round picks no way
He's not overly quick but makes up for it because he reads play very well. We have that in Scharenberg already
He's not big enough to play on a gorilla and I doubt his frame will ever be hold enoigh size to do so
Trading 101 tell the media your client wants to go to Collingwood drive his asking price up and if by chance we were interested we have to pay overs
Enough is enough
If we are interested in him set our own price if the crows don't want that deal then walk away go to the draft and hope we make the right selection
The upside in all this for us is we actually have some cards up,our sleeve
You see Sloane is a free agent next year for them and there already short on midfield talent and we have a couple to many on our list so if the crows aren't confident they can retain Sloane they may be more likely to take ready made players to slot into there midfield to keep there window open.
Does Aish appeal to them ?
Could we package him up with another player or with a future pick to get a deal done ?
If the Dee's are keen to get him they will pay whatever we shouldn't get into a pissing contest with them
We have more than 1 gap on our list to fill and our defensive line isn't as bad as our dysfunctional forward line.
No point in keeping teams to below 90 points if you can't score 91 yourself it's still a loss
Any talking trading Scharenberg is lunacy. We've invested 4 years and lord knows how much in medical expenses on him and it only now he's getting games consistently. After 14 or so senior games we haven't even scratched the surface of how good he could be. Players of his ilk don't lose there talent. Yes he may take some time to regain more mobility and how much the knees have done to harm that we won't know until we see him keep going.
After 4 seasons he's still yet to have a preseason away from the rehab group so it's likely his improvement will continue for at least another season or 2. Getting over 1 knee is hard 2 is even harder. Most experts say it takes 2 years after a knee so really we shouldn't be expecting him to be anywhere near his best for another year. He showed more than enough last season to keep going with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: