Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldest came 'round today & cooked up meals for the next week for her & me (us). She made barley & lamb shank soup (a vat's worth), mung bean dahl & a vege curry with brown rice. The dahl, curry & rice are for lunches for most of the week.

Went to the movies tonight so had some Pho (chicken & veg) & handrolls (veg & tofu) while Mrs WPT had vege steamed dumplings & one of the handrolls.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 pm

What was the movie?!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 am

think positive wrote:
What was the movie?!

All about Eve at the Astor.

The youngest got 2 tiks for me & her for fathers day coz I was on the bike ride. However she's crook with a mancold & so Mrs WPT & I went.

One of my top 5 films of all time. If you haven't seen it go & watch it -I'm sure both you & your partner would really like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHVYTPFgCqE

Won 6 academy awards in 1950. That same year Sunset Boulevard also won awards & is another brillient film, both films strat with a writer narrating it & uses "flashback" .

Joseph Mankewicz wrote the screenplay & directed it.

The dialogue is brilliant & sharp

The acting is wonderful

One of the best films with Bette Davis
George Sanders (played the original saint often on late night TV)

Looks like it was on the 2015 VCE texts

It's a stunner. Shame the youngest wasn't up to it.

Also features Marilyn Monroe in ? her first film - small role.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 am

What makes you think I would haven't seen it go watch it -he or she'm sure you your partner?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

Sharing your germs around! Seen the movie, it is good. Not really one for the oldies but I like a few. Rear window being my favourite black and white.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Coconut Cauliflower and pumpkin soup, made from scratch with finger of resh grated tumeric, and a touch of grated finger. Croutons made from multigrain sourdough with a scrape of coconut oil and seasalt, yum. Then responsibly sourced barramundi (ie not too much hot stuff) salad and baked sweet potato.
Cheers!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:58 am

think positive wrote:
Sharing your germs around! Seen the movie, it is good. Not really one for the oldies but I like a few. Rear window being my favourite black and white.

Haha. Not infectious now. Back at work & did my first spin class last night since the big ride.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:02 pm

I haven't seen it. What did you like about it is good ?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

Haha. Not infectious now. Back at work & did my first spin class last night since the big ride.

Noice!! About to head out and order a couple of vintage cruisers for mine and juniors birthdays! Reid's cycles in north Melbourne! Then to the westpac centre for some 20% off shopping too! Need a new wind cheater to wear on game day! Mummy daughter day!!

Oh and to keep it relevant, lunch is left over too spicy for everyone else soup!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Chicken from Aldi, veges by mum, cooked by me. Cool

Bloody good that chicken, got the frozen Mediterranean veg and scolloped potatoes too, easy meal. And everyone is impressed!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:04 am

Made a large pot of chicken stock tonight. Have the strained the stock & put it in a pot, covered the top with gladwrap then placed the lid on top. Keeping it outside overnight so the fat can came to the top & I can take it in the morning. Being fussy I'll strain it again to get the last bits.

I use a whole chook which I've separated - got rid of the skin, bones & bits I won't eat, got rid of the veges: carrots, parnip, onion, & celery.

Tomorrow I'll heat up the stock, then taste probably will need more salt, add some dill, then more dill then some chopped veges: potatoes, carrots, beans, white beans, fine barely & chicken pieces. Take off any richmond & carlton that floats to the top in the beginning & a soup to last a good few days.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 pm

Finished the soup. Put it in th fridge this morning.

The soup was a ripper: took the fat off, strained again then added 2 chopped carrots, 2 chopped zuchs, a handful of chopped green beans, fine barley, a fair bit of dill, 2 potatoes cubed, 2 small stalks of celery diced, a tin of white beans, and diced / sliced chiken pieces from the stock & a bit more salt.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:04 pm

yum, lot of work but worth it. home made stock is always nicer than bought.

Salmon tonight, got to coles at just the right time, they marked the whole tray down to $11 a kg, has to be used or frozen by tomorrow, so i bought the whole tray, about 6kg of it!! and lots of baked vegies!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 pm

The chicken soup sounds great.

having got back from NSW yesterday arvo, the old girl did dinner for the tribe in the crockpot last night which saved me. Beef and red wine casserole, I contributed the rice. (She's antsy about using the gas hotplates when there's no one else around and would not touch the oven for love nor money. She grew up cooking on a wood stove, gas scares her)

So this arvo, had a day off and after doing the washing and grocery shopping and some gardening and stuff, made a french onion soup and got some bolognaise sauce simmering for a spag bol for tonights dinner.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Did some pork ribs and southern crumbed chicken drumsticks in the oven, had with some pickles, pickled onions, artichoke hearts, crusty bread and some mixed cheeses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 77 of 119   

Jump to: