Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

If Cotchin was a Pie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:49 am
Post subject: If Cotchin was a PieReply with quote

Two weeks .. the 2nd week just to make sure he couldn't play in a replay if the first GF was drawn
Hm Leo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:21 pm

I tell you this, if this little sniper Cotchin gets off, and bloody hell, aren't the media really pushing for the little shit to get off- I am DONE with the corrupt AFL, for a long time. Nobody gave a rats arse bout Jason Cloke, and Rocca, both suspended for GFs, the media crucified us in fact. ! Cotchin is on his THIRD offence is the ONE season, and if you come up for a third, you cant be fined, only suspended. Yet dickhead Barrett reckons the "League will FIND a way so he CAN play " Flog Nathan brown reckons the CANT suspend him for a GF, even though Shiel was badly concussed, and could take NO further part in the game. ! Grundy got 3 weeks for a tackle, NO priors like Cotchin, after Brown could not play out the game !!

I am $£$%^%%$ spewing over this, this media love wank fest for the Tiges is outa control, our guys get shafted for GFs, sniper Cotchin gets off,its absolutely disgusting. The MRP has to suspend this jerk, and if he was wearing black and white colours, hed be GONE ! Jeez I hope the Crows can beat these insufferable pricks, put em right back in their box !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't think he's got anything to answer for. He went in low, not to bump, but to get the ball. It was incidental conduct imo. If he was attempting a bump he'd get 2 weeks, but as he went in low it's clear his hands were extended to grab the ball.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:34 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I don't think he's got anything to answer for. He went in low, not to bump, but to get the ball. It was incidental conduct imo. If he was attempting a bump he'd get 2 weeks, but as he went in low it's clear his hands were extended to grab the ball.

BUT, Shiel was concussed, unable to play, ala Grundy incident, make NO mistake, if this was a Magpie, hed be out on his arse, its sniper Cotchins 3rd time up for chrissakes, in the one season. Rigged absolutely. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:37 pm

If he was a Collingwood player he would be gone for three.

In the general media, and community, Collingwood are the 'bad guys' so the mindset changes. It's the same for individuals, a 'villain' like Toby Greene, would be crucified.

If Cochin was part of a Collingwood bound GF team the discussion would be around the 'head being sacrosanct' and the fact that the affected player missed the rest of the match.

They would express their regret that Cochin had to miss a GF, but, well, 'rules are rules'.

The Tigers are riding a sentimental wave similar to what happened to the Dog's last year. At the moment you can see the entire AFL media community running a campaign so that letting Cochin off will be accepted.

It's a joke.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Disagree. He hit him flush in the jaw in a bump. Shiel gone for the game. Who knows what affect this had on the game. Anyway that wasn't my point. As a poster pointed out above, the media lovefest for a serial sniper is the complete opposite of what would occur if it was one of ours. Lade wasn't even hurt and Rocca got outed. The only commentator I saw with any honesty was Dermott.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 pm

dalyc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Disagree. He hit him flush in the jaw in a bump. Shiel gone for the game. Who knows what affect this had on the game. Anyway that wasn't my point. As a poster pointed out above, the media lovefest for a serial sniper is the complete opposite of what would occur if it was one of ours. Lade wasn't even hurt and Rocca got outed. The only commentator I saw with any honesty was Dermott.

But if he does get off, then if the Pies are ever in the situation again we go all the way to the high court if necessary to get ours off.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

BUT, Shiel was concussed, unable to play, ala Grundy incident, make NO mistake, if this was a Magpie, hed be out on his arse, its sniper Cotchins 3rd time up for chrissakes, in the one season. Rigged absolutely. Surprised

It all depends on whether his intent was to bump or to get the ball. If his intention was to bump, then the head injury means he is gonski. So when tackling or bumping, the onus is on the tackler/bumper to ensure it doesn't injure a player's head. If it does then the player must get rubbed out. In this instance, however, it looked to me that Cotchin was diving in low to get the ball. It's a fine line I guess, but when I saw it on TV, my forst thought was that it was just an accidental knock in pursuit of the ball.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:23 pm

dalyc wrote:
dalyc wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

But if he does get off, then if the Pies are ever in the situation again we go all the way to the high court if necessary to get ours off.

No, they won't. I can tell you, quite authoritatively, that the Club took the view that challenging Anthony Rocca's 2003 suspension after the preliminary final would be too much of a distraction leading into the Grand Final. The media circus would be unbearable.

Back on topic, he should get off. He was bracing to contest the ball and, much and all as I hate Cotchin, it would be a shame if he missed a Richmond Grand Final loss because of that.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Redlight wrote:

In the general media, and community, Collingwood are the 'bad guys' so the mindset changes. It's the same for individuals, a 'villain' like Toby Greene, would be crucified.

If Cochin was part of a Collingwood bound GF team the discussion would be around the 'head being sacrosanct' and the fact that the affected player missed the rest of the match.

They would express their regret that Cochin had to miss a GF, but, well, 'rules are rules'.

The Tigers are riding a sentimental wave similar to what happened to the Dog's last year. At the moment you can see the entire AFL media community running a campaign so that letting Cochin off will be accepted.

It's a joke.

Hammer. Nail. Head. Of course he would be gone.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Redlight wrote:

Agree with this.

Cotchin chose to risk contact with Dylan Shiel's head by driving in with his shoulder turned towards a bent over Shiel. Obviously this was to protect himself as he went for the ball, but in these days of the head being sacrosanct, it has to be deemed a careless/reckless action.

Most media people are screaming how it would be totally unfair for Cotchin to miss GF because of the incident. They may be right, but I haven't come across anyone who has indicated how unfair it was for the Giants, to lose a mid-fielder who was playing really well at that point in time.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 pm

^^^ Losing him didn't matter - GWS has about 6 players who are, at least now, too soft for hot finals against real opposition (or even Richmond).
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 pm

No-one can predict the effect of losing Shiel. All that can be said is that he was playing really well at the time of the incident.

You say it would be a shame if Cotchin missed the GF. I'm saying it's also a shame that Shiel missed most of the Preliminary final.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Don't give a rats claker if he gets off or not but this rubbish the Browns and the Ricoh,s dribble
Oh he can't be suspended he's in Brownlow contention

OR

No can rub him out as he has to play in a GF

Rubbish fella,s. Do the crime--do the time
and just commentate the game--even that you are lousy at

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7   

Jump to: