Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Exit interviews

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jatsad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things they need to settle on now is to confirm to everyone that De Goey and Maynard be starting midfielders next year. Two bulls in a pen.

With natural improvement, they can be our Dangerwood.

Not sure what the hybrid name will be though. Nothing stands out.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:00 pm

You don't like Magoey?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:03 pm

The only personal exit interviews I would be conducting with Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Adams, Dunn, Cox, Scharenberg, Langdon, Moore and Treloar would be to ask them which pub do you want to go to, to celebrate the end of the season.

On the other hand if I was the coach, all my energies would be concentrated on what to do with guys like Sinclair, Ramsay, Aish, Broomhead, Crocker, Schade, Maynard, McLarty, McCarthy, Reid, Kirby, Fasolo and De Goey.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Damien wrote:
Aishy: would you be interested in going home to SA as part of a deal for Jake Lever?

We won't be getting Rid of Aish but Tell Him that he Needs Improvement or he won't be getting a Contract Extension

Just hasn't done enough for mine Dave. Especially after we moved Heaven and earth to get him. We have plenty of his type but with the age profile of our backline we need a Lever type.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You don't like Magoey?

De Mayn.

Or is that taken.?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:43 pm

masoncox wrote:
We finished 13th or bottom third of the competition. But the coach did well. Played and dropped then played and dropped .etc, etc, Mr Cox so now he is looking elsewhere. Seriously when is this board going to show some realism about where we are at. Looking forward to us being March champions next year as we didn't even make it to that this year. One of the worse seasons for a long time. Trully terrible.

looks like you got sucked in by the typical media driven argy bargy that managers undertake with clubs to ensure they maximize value. I do it every year too, but that doesnt mean i'm not loyal if the loyalty goes both ways.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Sound good in my books qldmagpie67, really really good work.

As a say second part of this question, in your opinion... if you were Geoff Walsh, what would you be saying to the main players in our coaching department - I expect their overall input into our teams chances are just about as equally important.

Absolutely Wolfe. If I was Walsh I would be saying:

Ok guys this isn't a one man band this is a team and that includes the coaching department.

Buckley. Bucks we've given you 2years on faith mostly. Yes we finished the season off well considering we had injuries but we still missed the finals. You need to be more open to differing opinions be it from an assistant or the leadership group. Be bold don't take the easy option at the selection table. Listen to the assistants we've put them around you for a reason. In the off season don't be worried watching video of the top teams from this season. Go and watch video of our players. Sit with the assistants and decide what style can we play with the cattle we have so that we can be successful. There's no point in trying to impersonate Adelaide when we don't have a Eddie Betts or there talls in our forward line. Keep working on your own weaknesses and be more engaging with the young players. Lastly you were just about th best kick of your era. For gods sake take the young players aside and teach them how to kick the damn ball 30m straight. We've backed you now show us why.
Bucks forget the outside noise or opinions on what we do well or don't do well. You were a great player surely you can impart some of that wisdom onto the playing experience group.
Eddie believes in you I believe in you the players obviously believe in you so now get out there and coach like never before

Assistants. You need to not be yes men. You need to be respectful but at the same time forcefull enough to get your point across to the head coach. You each have a responsibility to a line but you need to work as a unit to make sure each line works in harmony with the other line.
Go with Bucks and watch our players videos closely.
Finally get players like Wellsy and Dunn to teach the young guys how to kick properly.
We have 46 games to prove to the footy world we made the right decision and you assistants are part of that

The most important interviews of all.

But I doubt the 46 games thing is right. If the first half of the season goes like this year.....

Masoncox is right, this year was just plain bloody awful to watch. Not often I'm glad the season is over.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 am

What is everyone's expectation for next year? What will satisfy you?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 am

I'd be OK with top position, no losses and a flag. You?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I'd be OK with top position, no losses and a flag. You?

Throw in Sidey as the best captain in the league and Pendles with the Brownlow and I'm there!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 am

think positive wrote:

Nothing less than finals participation would satisfy me. Anything less is failure.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:32 pm

think positive wrote:

Jojo that's a interesting question. Personally I would think a finals appearance would be expected barring a horrendous run of injuries to our key players.

We need improvement in several facets most of which can come from within the current list.
I would expect Mayanrd to play more midfield
I would expect both Pendles and Sidey to spend more time in forward 50
I would expect JDG to improve
I want to see Grundy Moore Scharenberg continue to improve
We need Wells and Varcoe to play a minimum of 15 games each
We need Trelaor Adams Crisp Phillips to improve
We need Reid to stay fit
We need to sort out our general field kicking under pressure and our kicking for goal to improve markedly

If those things above happen we should be realistic finals team
Jojo we lost 4&1/2 games last season purely on poor kicking for goal. If we won those (yes I know we didn't) we would have finished for 14 wins and been playing finals footy.
We weren't that far off.
Our average losing margin was 19 points and our biggest loss was 37 points. So we weren't flogged at any stage and in most games we were at a minimum competitive and had chances.
The biggest thing we need is consistency in performance across 4 quarters.
When we played our best we were very good as good as most teams in the finals. But when we decided to stick it up we did it very well as well.
I think overall list has a few holes but we can make do if we have a 10% better kicking effeciency and 15% better effeciecny by hand.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Mayne: WTF are you still doing here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: