Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Air BnB - have you used it?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? There is nothing wrong with my swag.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:53 pm

We have a flat in Manila which is on airb&b. We use this because it is not worth renting it full time, because then we can't use it when we go to visit the Philippines.

It's a bit hit and miss. sometimes we get families, but usually it's empty, because there are so many expats with flats that they don't use most of the time. My in-laws look after it, it has more atmosphere than the tower blocks, but it is slow going at this stage.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm

ronrat wrote:
There are some negative reports on it in Thailand

Given how loose and easy many places in Thailand are with the use of the word 'resort', I don't think I'd trust too many airbnb's. Shocked

#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 pm

ronrat wrote:
There are some negative reports on it in Thailand due to Hotels and Guesthouses using it to sell empty rooms. Except you don't get the normal services. Hard to tell who is telling the truth.It was on that bastion of bozos Lonely Planet website. I would rather stay where they look after me. And I like having breakfast with strangers. Amazing what you find out about restaurants, bars, prices, attractions etc.

My parents use house sitters when they are away. Ok you make no money but you can leave your critters at home and the garden is looked after and the house is looked after. They use some online service where the sitters are vetted . Mostly retired folk with no kids.

I use house sitter too. I've had one vis an internet site, we met up first, then she came to visit. A little (like 4 feet tall) middle aged lady who travels the world playing ...... board games! She was so nice! Now I get juniors friends to house sit - not the ferals of course!

Yeah I like communal breaky too! Love convention centres, best of both worlds! They do your room, you get free breaky, and usually have at least half a kitchen.

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 am

I am going to use it next week for an apartment in Carlton, will let you know what it is like!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: