Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things we do for our kids.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Things we do for our kids.Reply with quote

mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
His sister on the other hand, I have to fight with her when I give her stuff like a second hand fridge because she wants to pay me for it.

This is my daughter. I'm so proud and impressed by her in this last year since she moved out of home. She works part time as a waitress while putting herself through Uni. She never asks for anything.

It makes me sad to feel I'm not needed anymore. Recently we were at the supermarket and I was begging her to let me buy her something. Deodorant??? Shampoo??? Razors????

Finally she let me buy her a new toothbrush. I bought her 3.

Also last month she had a really bad cold. I took her to the Doctor (she still needs Mummy for that!) then we went to the chemist to get her prescription. I told her she should get a wheatbag to heat, it would make her feel better. I then found out later from her boyfriend that they don't actually have a microwave. Shocked

The next day I went to Kmart and bought them one. Made me feel good. Like a Mum again.

Awwwww nice story

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Was yours a demon bitch from hell from 14-16 too?

I didn't have one of those. Although my mother certainly did! Laughing

But me, not even a little bit. When I'd try to have an opinion when friends were bitching about their kids' behaviour I was always met with "But you have Shelby, you don't know!" She really was pretty great.

HOWEVER................ She did go through a shitty stage when she turned 19. There was tantrums and swearing and slamming doors. I was like WTF???

I told her she missed the boat. I'd have accepted it at 14-16, but you're an adult now. GROW THE **** UP! Thankfully it didn't last too long.....

#SIDEBYSIDE
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 pm

hah, by 17 mine was sane again and has progressively made me proud of her.

To be fair, the boy has been through a shitpile, mostly self inflicted but at 27 the penny seems to be on it's way down.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 am

Morrigu wrote:
Well I have never given them whiskas - does that count? Wink Very Happy

Laughing Laughing The cats and their kidneys thank you.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:31 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Was yours a demon bitch from hell from 14-16 too?

Year 9 for the oldest especially and every now & then since. The oldest is loud and can take up space.

The youngest can be a shocker too - although through school wan't too bad. She's more wily than the oldest but can be a shocker too given: lack of sleep, still around dinner time (nothing changes). I can be a bit fast on the tongue lashing & she'll return it in spades when I've said something insightless & unintentionally hurt her feelings.

The good news with both we sort things out quickly.

Although as my older brother once said about Mrs WPT: I've never seen her get angry. My reply was "you just don't know which buttons to press"

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:42 am
Post subject: Re: Things we do for our kids.Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Couldn't figure where to put this, so I started a new one. Also thinking of Culprit's story about what he did for his kids.

So I just paid off the XR6 out of lease. Cost me $7k, could sell the car easy for $10,500 -$11,000 but like a dickhead I've let my son take it.

He's going to make weekly payments on it, we'll see how long that lasts, hopefully this "getting his shit together" isn't just a temporary aberration and it sticks.

So instead of bumping the bank balance by $3k, I'm down by $7k at the same time as I'm buying the holiday house and have to pay the deposit and all the other shit.

Haven't seen my bank balance going south this fast since the last Vegas Holiday.

Geez I've stumped some coin into this kid over the last 10 years, but I suppose in the end it will be worth it. His sister on the other hand, I have to fight with her when I give her stuff like a second hand fridge because she wants to pay me for it.

mate, what you've done bringing up to kids on your own is remarkable. Mrs WPT has had to that on her own too. Embarassed Wink

Last year or more when the oldest was in Sidanee & pranged her car, driving ours up then giving it too her to use then flying back then later going halves on the Hyundai I30 was a fair bit: I could do with that $12K now.

Youngest doens't pay any rent or bills. She buys her own clothes, toiletries womens business stuff although she shares a lot with Mrs WPT (and believe me) womens business hair & body products are freakin' expensive. I still use soap, they use every freakin' expensive body thing you can get: La Occitaine or La Aquitaine or some such shite.

Youngest also but the food when she cooks and that can add up and buys some groceries.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:38 am

I reckon most parents want to improve things for their kids that they felt was lacking in their own childhood. What ever that was.

Though there is obviously a fair chunk now that seem to think that means setting them free at an early age to rampage around town, or milk the system for everything they can.

For the most part, parents want to just do a bit better for their kids.

Last edited by think positive on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:40 am

That is something I did not know before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: