Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Power - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I had a good day out today watching our VFL side at Victoria Park have a good win, then went home and opened a nice bottle of red to watch the Port Adelaide game. All my optimism ended at quarter time when I had to turn the TV set off and leave the room. So congratulations to all of you who stuck it out and watched the game through to the end. At some point I'll take a Valium and watch the replay. Since I didn't spot Callum Brown in the first quarter, can somebody tell me that Callum made a contribution in the other 3 quarters? Also how did Cox go? I didn't spot Ryder doing much apart from a mark he took in front of goals, so I'd like to think that Cox was able to break even with him.

<snip>

WTAF! What in that post deserves that reply?

<Mod edit: Thanks, we've got this. Please Report in future.>

jatsad 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 pm

inxs88 wrote:
I had a good day out today watching our VFL side at Victoria Park have a good win, then went home and opened a nice bottle of red to watch the Port Adelaide game. All my optimism ended at quarter time when I had to turn the TV set off and leave the room. So congratulations to all of you who stuck it out and watched the game through to the end. At some point I'll take a Valium and watch the replay. Since I didn't spot Callum Brown in the first quarter, can somebody tell me that Callum made a contribution in the other 3 quarters? Also how did Cox go? I didn't spot Ryder doing much apart from a mark he took in front of goals, so I'd like to think that Cox was able to break even with him.

<snip>

That is a disgraceful thing to say to any Collingwood supporter.
You should be ashamed.

He has every right to voice his opinion. I also felt like not watching after quarter time as that display was inept and obviously under instruction. Had nothing to do with missing players either.

I did however end up watching the whole game. Slight improvement in the second half, but all in all, the game was disappointing. A good game plan for the team we have is what's required, not a possession game for players with poor foot skills.

But what do I know.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:07 pm

jatsad wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

<snip>

That is a disgraceful thing to say to any Collingwood supporter.
You should be ashamed.

He has every right to voice his opinion. I also felt like not watching after quarter time as that display was inept and obviously under instruction. Had nothing to do with missing players either.

I did however end up watching the whole game. Slight improvement in the second half, but all in all, the game was disappointing. A good game plan for the team we have is what's required, not a possession game for players with poor foot skills.

But what do I know.

Well I've waited till now to watch the replay of the game and the second half is a vast improvement over the first half. There's much more system in moving the ball forward and Reid is the pivotal forward in attack who is the focal point to get the ball to. Callum Brown was good in the center in the third quarter while Cox is still being annihilated by Ryder in the ruck. The defense is impressive as well. Langdon, Goldsack, Scharenberg and Dunn are combining well. Question is why do we as supporters have to put up with the rubbish we dished up in the first half? The supporters deserve better and that first half effort was totally unacceptable.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi, not many may read this and it is my first post> Why have I registered?
Partly out of concern for the mental health os some of Nick's community.I think you know who I mean. Partly because I can't see what those individuals do. I went to Adelaide for the Port game, sat on level one at centre wing right behind the Port hierarchy and listened with interest. They were worried when we made a move in the third quarter, saw that Buckley put the brakes on in Q1 to stop the psych backlash from the flogging by the Crows the week before and were relieved hen it was over. Everyone expected Port to win easily if not thrash Collingwood because of the outs, particularly Grundy, who they are well aware of. Ryder and Robbie Gray were the difference. Cox is good at the end of his arms but nowhere else except kicking with set shots. Ryder's second efforts, shepherding and awareness saw the Power always in the hunt in the contested space. When you are there these qualitative aspects that the stats don't capture look big. We would have played differently and won by 4 goals or more if Pendles, Grundy, Wells and Greenwood played. Unlike us Port had problems at the selection table because of the good form of their group. Some complained that the team selected was not right. Why? Because they had higher expectations than the result! So what would that mean, if I am right? Hopeless team? Hopeless coach? I had the opportunity to talk with some of the Port people after the game. They confirmed my impressions, except the counterfactual of course. It was all pretty routine. The hysteria of the nutters on this site is completely at odds with people who have established themselves at the highest level in football. My advice is if you are so suicidal about where the team is at see a psychiatrist or find another one. Beyond the tiny number of deranged posters on this site the opinion is uncertain on the team and the coach. For those who think history is on their side may I point out some uncomfortable issues. First go to the internet and look up confidence bias and confirmation bias. There is an absolutely minuscule number of Pies followers(note not "supporters) who constantly reinforce their highly questionable opinions with one another, maybe 6 to ten victims. In statistics this is an inadequate sample to constitute a meaningful representation. Whether Buckley should coach is rightly in the balance. To reach an intelligent decision requires more than emotional angst.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: