Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Power - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Buckley doesn't get it. The sum of the Collingwood football club...whatever this club has been, is, and will be, is represented by the amazing Collingwood supporter base.

This club was borne out of adversity. It has endured against hardships, against systems, governance, adjudication that is clearly stacked against it. The "us against them" ethos is real. The working class supporter base that was responsible for starting this club, continued to support it and lifted it to the biggest and proudest club in the land. A mythical club even. It is not like other clubs. It succeeded when it shouldn't have. And it did so not because of playing meek, scared, backwards, tactical, zone-off football. It did so because it had the guts to take the game on, and play bold and brave football, even if it wasn't blessed with as much talent as the opposition. It's the reason that fans loved Darren Millane so much. In him they saw everything the club stood for. I'm certain anyone that saw Lou Richards, Bob Rose, and Jock McHale play and coach would say the same thing.

Buckley's game style is bringing this great club to its knees. I'm sorry Bucks, you are a nice guy, but you have misread what this club is all about. You should have got the message in the Hawthorn game when the supporters started booing the backwards play. That message was profound, and you should have heeded it.
There's more at stake now than wins and losses. What's at stake is the identity of this great club. It's the reason you must step aside, and let this club find itself again.

Sorry bally12, I often like your posts, but I can't allow such criticism of Bucks to go unchallenged. Buckley's so-called hopeless coaching and horrid game-plan kept us in the game all day, despite missing Grundy, Pendles, Varcoe, Greenwood, Wells and incurring injuries to De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott and Goldsack early in the game. It was a frigging miracle we weren't smashed by 15 goals. Buckley is coaching us magnificently at present, but the truth is we simply do not have the personnel available at present to win games against top sides. None of us like to lose games, but it's important to examine the reasons for the losses, beyond just blaming the coach all the time. Sometimes a shit coach can win games, even Premierships, while a good or great coach can struggle to win much at all, because of the talent at their disposal.

but this is Buckleys team now, doesnt he have the final say on the list? who put this tea together? who allowed us to have so few genuine KPPs?

why are our skills so bad? If the skills coach is a dud surely the head coach says something?

if he doesnt pick the players, has no control over improving the areas where they lack ability, exactly what does he do?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:22 pm

think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
bally12 wrote:
Buckley doesn't get it. The sum of the Collingwood football club...whatever this club has been, is, and will be, is represented by the amazing Collingwood supporter base.

This club was borne out of adversity. It has endured against hardships, against systems, governance, adjudication that is clearly stacked against it. The "us against them" ethos is real. The working class supporter base that was responsible for starting this club, continued to support it and lifted it to the biggest and proudest club in the land. A mythical club even. It is not like other clubs. It succeeded when it shouldn't have. And it did so not because of playing meek, scared, backwards, tactical, zone-off football. It did so because it had the guts to take the game on, and play bold and brave football, even if it wasn't blessed with as much talent as the opposition. It's the reason that fans loved Darren Millane so much. In him they saw everything the club stood for. I'm certain anyone that saw Lou Richards, Bob Rose, and Jock McHale play and coach would say the same thing.

Buckley's game style is bringing this great club to its knees. I'm sorry Bucks, you are a nice guy, but you have misread what this club is all about. You should have got the message in the Hawthorn game when the supporters started booing the backwards play. That message was profound, and you should have heeded it.
There's more at stake now than wins and losses. What's at stake is the identity of this great club. It's the reason you must step aside, and let this club find itself again.

Sorry bally12, I often like your posts, but I can't allow such criticism of Bucks to go unchallenged. Buckley's so-called hopeless coaching and horrid game-plan kept us in the game all day, despite missing Grundy, Pendles, Varcoe, Greenwood, Wells and incurring injuries to De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott and Goldsack early in the game. It was a frigging miracle we weren't smashed by 15 goals. Buckley is coaching us magnificently at present, but the truth is we simply do not have the personnel available at present to win games against top sides. None of us like to lose games, but it's important to examine the reasons for the losses, beyond just blaming the coach all the time. Sometimes a shit coach can win games, even Premierships, while a good or great coach can struggle to win much at all, because of the talent at their disposal.

but this is Buckleys team now, doesnt he have the final say on the list? who put this tea together? who allowed us to have so few genuine KPPs?

why are our skills so bad? If the skills coach is a dud surely the head coach says something?

if he doesnt pick the players, has no control over improving the areas where they lack ability, exactly what does he do?

Of course. I said it some months back but there are, in substance, only two possibilities - either he's responsible for all of this, in which case he must go, or he hasn't taken control of the Club, as he should have done, and has allowed other people to be responsible for all of this, in which case, he must ... go.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Looks like I've under-rated the Future Captain's game in the votes tonight. I see almost everyone has him in their top 5.

Maybe I should have watched the game?

Agreed you should have watched it closer
Our future captain Taylor Adams has been nothing short of dynamic inspirational and oozing leadership since Pendles has been out. His form prior was patchy and at times ordinary but stepping up to fill the breach left by Pendles he has shown why he has for a long time been earmarked as the captain in waiting.
It's probably time to cut the co captaincy arrangement he's currently in with Sidey and just hand him the reigns by himself.
It's obvious to everyone watching that he's the leader the players gravitate towards in Pendles absence.
Adams has probably firmed to equal favourite with Pendles now for the Copeland with Trelaor a close 3rd.
Being injured looks likely to have cost Pendles a record equaling 6th Copeland but will likely hand either Adams or Trelaor their hard earned much deserved first Copeland.
It's a good sign they have both been very good in Pendles absence actually gives you some heart that when Pendles time comes around we have Adams Treloar Moore Grundy ready to take over the leadership of the club for the long term

I gave Adams 5 votes for BOG - how many did you want me to give him? Razz

Well considering you gave Sidey 3 votes and Adams was around 10 times better than him 30 votes would have been accurate 😱😱😱
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Looks like I've under-rated the Future Captain's game in the votes tonight. I see almost everyone has him in their top 5.

Maybe I should have watched the game?

Agreed you should have watched it closer
Our future captain Taylor Adams has been nothing short of dynamic inspirational and oozing leadership since Pendles has been out. His form prior was patchy and at times ordinary but stepping up to fill the breach left by Pendles he has shown why he has for a long time been earmarked as the captain in waiting.
It's probably time to cut the co captaincy arrangement he's currently in with Sidey and just hand him the reigns by himself.
It's obvious to everyone watching that he's the leader the players gravitate towards in Pendles absence.
Adams has probably firmed to equal favourite with Pendles now for the Copeland with Trelaor a close 3rd.
Being injured looks likely to have cost Pendles a record equaling 6th Copeland but will likely hand either Adams or Trelaor their hard earned much deserved first Copeland.
It's a good sign they have both been very good in Pendles absence actually gives you some heart that when Pendles time comes around we have Adams Treloar Moore Grundy ready to take over the leadership of the club for the long term

I gave Adams 5 votes for BOG - how many did you want me to give him? Razz

Well considering you gave Sidey 3 votes and Adams was around 10 times better than him 30 votes would have been accurate 😱😱😱

did Sidey refuse to give you an autograph or something? because you really have a blind spot where he is concerned. i reckon hes a better captain than Pendles. And i love pendles the player

ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:11 pm

The only reason the margin was as big as it was at half time was some poor disposal - you can't blame the coach for that nor can you blame the game plan - AFL footballers should be able to hit a team mate who is in a reasonable position to retain the football without too much trouble - clangers cost us being closer, if not in the lead at half time. After half time, the game plan was slightly different which at times, worked well. What cost us in the second half without meaning to sound a whinger, was some absolutely pathetic umpiring - inconsistently applied to both teams and incorrectly applied or missed decisions cost us. Many of these decisions cost us momentum or scoring shots.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Collingwoods 'honourable' losses are the priority of the coach in preference to daring to win. The club needs to stop rolling out this old chestnut as justification of anything. Loses are loses, but they are worse when they are almost planned. margins do not matter. Winning games does.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
bally12 wrote:

Of course. I said it some months back but there are, in substance, only two possibilities - either he's responsible for all of this, in which case he must go, or he hasn't taken control of the Club, as he should have done, and has allowed other people to be responsible for all of this, in which case, he must ... go.

Exactly. Summed up perfectly by TP and P4S. Under either alternative, the conclusion is the same: he needs to go, because either one signals grave deficiency in the head coaching role.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Am I the only one that think Faz should not be playing in the firsts. His contribution week in and week out has been minimal. To me he is currently a passenger in the team.

I don't want to kick the guy while he is down, but surely AFL footy is not a recovery room and the best team needs to be picked.

No doubt I'm walking on egg shells here, but on field he has not been good enough. Jess White has previously provided more.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:35 pm

melliot wrote:
Am I the only one that think Faz should not be playing in the firsts. His contribution week in and week out has been minimal. To me he is currently a passenger in the team.

I don't want to kick the guy while he is down, but surely AFL footy is not a recovery room and the best team needs to be picked.

No doubt I'm walking on egg shells here, but on field he has not been good enough. Jess White has previously provided more.

Had a quieter game this week but delivery wasn't great was it?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm

Seems I was to quick to judge De Goey's poor game, as I was unaware he was injured in the 1st quarter. I hope he puts in a massive pre-season and comes back next year and tears up the place. He could become our best player and one of the best in the comp, if he applies himself properly.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:40 pm

We all need to remember that last week we played without:

* Pendles
* Wells
* Varcoe
* Greenwood
* Grundy
* a game plan with creativity in the first half especially

Suprizingly we were still in the game albeit playing catch-up football.

That first quarter, not too dissimilar to last week showed us playing:

* More sideways than an inebriated crab
* More indirect than a circumstantial thought disordered person calling a spade an agricultural implement that might be used for digging purposes
* Less intelligent than the negotiating powers of Cricket Australia - well perhaps that's going a bit far.

Yet we were in the game. I did enjoy the 4 goals in the third quarter though at the local while watching Fox TV in the misnomered "sportsman's bar".

melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:11 pm

ROB wrote:
melliot wrote:

Not judging off 1 game, but the last couple of months. He just seems to be lacking competitiveness and hunger for the ball. When he is near the action, he is beaten too often and doesn't neutralise it either.

His kicking and general ball use is good. Just not getting enough of it and not doing enough when he doesn't have the ball. I guess.

The way we send the ball in the F50 would be a nightmare. It would be tough. But our forwards don't present well either (inc. Faz). So not sure if it is game plan or the way the players are playing.

I'll put this to another : I don't understand what CFC is trying to do on field" box. But it's pretty full!
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:11 pm

ROB wrote:
melliot wrote:

Not judging off 1 game, but the last couple of months. He just seems to be lacking competitiveness and hunger for the ball. When he is near the action, he is beaten too often and doesn't neutralise it either.

His kicking and general ball use is good. Just not getting enough of it and not doing enough when he doesn't have the ball. I guess.

The way we send the ball in the F50 would be a nightmare. It would be tough. But our forwards don't present well either (inc. Faz). So not sure if it is game plan or the way the players are playing.

I'll put this to another : I don't understand what CFC is trying to do on field" box. But it's pretty full!
ROB 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:57 pm

melliot wrote:
ROB wrote:
melliot wrote:

Yes - you could potentially put Elliott into this category - he has been a bit hot and cold in recent weeks also.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:16 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I had a good day out today watching our VFL side at Victoria Park have a good win, then went home and opened a nice bottle of red to watch the Port Adelaide game. All my optimism ended at quarter time when I had to turn the TV set off and leave the room. So congratulations to all of you who stuck it out and watched the game through to the end. At some point I'll take a Valium and watch the replay. Since I didn't spot Callum Brown in the first quarter, can somebody tell me that Callum made a contribution in the other 3 quarters? Also how did Cox go? I didn't spot Ryder doing much apart from a mark he took in front of goals, so I'd like to think that Cox was able to break even with him.

<snip>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: