Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE VPT JUNK DRAWER. The thread you need when you don't.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Interesting almost masculine view and at the polar end of the spectrum against those who find it horribly hard work that impacts their ability to sit on their arse watching netflix and using social media on their phones.

Then there's the ones who fit into either of those camps who create their fictional perfect lives on social media, shaming anyone who's tempted to admit they're bored or struggling.

No room for those who genuinely enjoy it, find it rewarding?

You dont think stay at home mums dont get shamed? as in Óh so you dont work?'

Yes theres plenty of mums watching days of our lives all day, and lots who actually spend it parenting, just like theres employees who clock in and pretend to work, and employees who go the extra mile? and everything in between.

how about we all just stop judging each other?

You missed my point. It was about mums shaming other mums. In the middle between the two polars are the ones who do enjoy it and actually do it well.

My intention was to point out how people are shamed to reveal they don't have perfect lives and feel compelled to make up online fiction.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

Interesting almost masculine view and at the polar end of the spectrum against those who find it horribly hard work that impacts their ability to sit on their arse watching netflix and using social media on their phones.

Then there's the ones who fit into either of those camps who create their fictional perfect lives on social media, shaming anyone who's tempted to admit they're bored or struggling.

No room for those who genuinely enjoy it, find it rewarding?

You dont think stay at home mums dont get shamed? as in Óh so you dont work?'

Yes theres plenty of mums watching days of our lives all day, and lots who actually spend it parenting, just like theres employees who clock in and pretend to work, and employees who go the extra mile? and everything in between.

how about we all just stop judging each other?

You missed my point. It was about mums shaming other mums. In the middle between the two polars are the ones who do enjoy it and actually do it well.

My intention was to point out how people are shamed to reveal they don't have perfect lives and feel compelled to make up online fiction.

ah ok, did you miss the word "dont"out of the last sentence? i read it wrong! cheers

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:35 pm

I am quite sure that the person who designed the imager for mammography was a male or a short arse flat chested female!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:20 pm

/\ my turn today, at least the new machine is not cold steel any more
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:13 pm

So I spoke to my dad for the first time in, gees months! He wants to switch me as his ICE for my older, even deafer sister! Or maybe the younger one, yeah that will end well, she hates his guts, she will tell emergency services 'do not resuscitate', or maybe just 'shoot him'. Apparently he has been recommended for nursing home care. It's too hard at home now. He says he's on a waiting list. I said they have some good activities and trips. 'I don't want trips I just want to be left alone' ok. Have you thought of a move then? Warrnambool is a long way for all of us. He says I can't stand the air in Melbourne. Hmm, ok. How about Geelong? Nup I hate $£$%^%%$ Geelong. He says is there anything up near your sisters place ? (They live on a farm together 1.5 hours from me), me: I'm sure I can find you something there! Oh bless my evil little heart! I'll have to go help empty his tip to the actual tip, but I could do that! I can't wait to share the news with my sisters! I'd really love to see their faces! Cheers!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 pm

So there could be a small farm on the market near Romsey in the near future? Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

/\ watch this space!! I sent the eldest a message, not game to tell AJ! She hasn't replied yet- I'm gusessing she went to the bottle shop!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 pm

How does it take you 1.5 hours to get to Romsey though? You have a pedal car?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
they are actually 10min past lancefield and I'm the opposite side of town from you! Hubby does it a bit quicker unless I'm in the car yelling '$£$%^%%$ slow down'
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:04 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
they are actually 10min past lancefield and I'm the opposite side of town from you! Hubby does it a bit quicker unless I'm in the car yelling '$£$%^%%$ slow down'

I'm Northeast, you're west, i could do it in 45 minutes when my son was living there. So 10 minutes past Lancefield, I'll give you an hour, just.

Shit, I can nearly get to Shepparton in 1 1/2 hours.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I'm Northeast, you're west, i could do it in 45 minutes when my son was living there. So 10 minutes past Lancefield, I'll give you an hour, just.

Shit, I can nearly get to Shepparton in 1 1/2 hours.

Maybe you need a pretend (vintage!) sprintcar too!

I just googled it, it's 96ks but don't forget the ring road carpark, it says 1hr 14 min, but that now with no traffic! When I drive I take the Ranger, and I take my time. Hubby treats the ranger like a race car. He says it takes him a bit over an hour (I just asked him!) I allow myself 1.5,

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:01 pm

think positive wrote:
/\ my turn today, at least the new machine is not cold steel any more

True dat - but still it's a bloody thing! I still have bruises - hope yours is good mine was good Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 pm

/\ that's good news, glad to hear, cheers and thanks

Did the books find you ok?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:24 am

She's had a couple of songs I haven't minded over time but her latest is crap and if that's what passes as music these days I'm glad I stopped purchasing it many many moons ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

Personally that isn't even a song it's just a bunch of spoken sentences fitted together with a sound track.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:35 pm

So my dad just rung me, he's really crook with flu, and now apparently he needs a wheel chair, can't even ride his scooter. He realises he needs to move to full care. So I said I'd talk to my sisters again. He says "they have a granny flat I can move in there!" Hmmm well I think it's a ripper idea! So I shot them both a warning message, turns out big sis still hadn't told little sis about the last call yet. Little sis rings me and my ears are actually hurting! And I thought I was a drama queen! She ramble for a good 15 min. Then rings back 1/2 hour later with her cop game face on! No worries mate what ever you want to do, go for it, as long as it ain't me! She's going to ring him tomorrow, oh man, watch our for midway fireworks!cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30   

Jump to: