Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies roast Roos - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp has been very solid over the last 6 weeks.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Best game Crisp has ever played. I'm not his greatest fan but I'm surprised there has been so little love for him in the votes.

And, gee, it was just magnificent to see the Future Captain and the Captain with their brilliant hands, thinking and disposal - Sidey to Langdon, Langdon to Sidey and back.

Now that Langdon's hitting his straps, again, after that bad run with injuries, he looks unstoppable and his ball-use is just phenomenal. WHE was quite skilful, too.

Lol mate never let your love of these players get in the way of the truth will you.
Sidey finished in 13th spot in SuperCoach ratings and 15th in champion data ratings for Collingwood players yesterday. Langdon finished 9th in SuperCoach ratings and 11th in champion data ratings. Hardly outstanding performances really. Given Langdon had more handballs than kicks it was a obvious coaching ploy not to have him kick the ball in our defensive 50 other than kick ins (he had only 1 kick in the defensive 50 other than kick ins) he handballed at all times inside our defensive 50 to other players hence his DE was so high yesterday.
Of Sidey's 26 touches 8 were 1-2 soft get and gives by hand which is why he didn't rack up any decent meaningful stats on champion data again.
As co captain along with Adams he has been good the past few weeks with Pendles out an he has changed his role (as directed by the coach) which does limit his ability to do other things granted.
It's quite obvious by the performance of a few players (Langdon included) they were given some harsh truths about there ongoing future at the club if there form didn't improve markedly over the remainder of the season I'm guessing this took place around 3/4 weeks ago as there has been some massive improvement in him along with Crisp and Phillips and a couple others
I'm prepared to bet any amount of money now Langdon will never captain Collingwood in a senior AFL game.
When the coaches votes come out we will see how highly the coaches rated there performances in comparison to the rest of the players
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:54 pm

I rated Sidey BOG because his touches seemed to me to be creative and telling [but I was watching on TV]. If you want to start on the give and gos, #7 and #13 love them, let alone kicking, but we need all possessions great and small. Amen.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:57 pm

No-one gave Langdon "harsh truths" about anything - they rushed him back into the team, half-fit, and have left him in it ever since.

Get used to it. Barring injury, you can expect to see him out of the team again in about another 250 games.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Don't know why people are complaining about the scrappiness of the game. Is it our fault that North can't kick at goals?

Everything I saw in the game was positive from our point of view marring the injuries and Grundy's certain suspension for next week's game against Port.

The goal graph for the night is exactly what you want it to be for the side on top. It means we didn't let up on North for the night. Inconsistency has been our problem all season. Tick.

Of the players:

Scharenberg - two superb games from him now. Clean of hand and foot. He belongs in the team now.

Langdon - getting better and better with each week. Still some issues with his kicking to clear up.

Phillips - flat spot after his rising star nomination. Now getting back to where he should be prior to the nomination

Maynard - poor month of football a few weeks ago. Now getting back to the footballer he should be.

Crisp - thought he was very poor against Port Adelaide in the backline. Last two weeks he has been superb in the backline. Next week should be interesting. If we have learned anything as a football side we need to prevent easy goals from the attacking team and that means stopping guys like Robbie Gray destroying you in defence.

Thomas - finding his feet at AFL level. One touch player and good kick in front of goals

De Goey - played more midfield last night due to Greenwood going off and Wells being restricted. He's just as good working the flanks between half forward and half back. Can see he and WHE working opposite sides of the ground to provide link up and swift movement of the ball from one end of the ground to the other.

Adams - How good is this guy? Is he a more important player to our side than Pendlebury?

Treloar - For a guy who can't train during the week he sure does a good job out there on game day.

Dunn and Howe - these guys rarely get injured and could both go another 5 years for us. Does Melbourne have any more defenders they don't want?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:16 pm

^^^ Actually, based on what I saw live, I would have given Hackett BOG.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Actually, based on what I saw live, I would have given Hackett BOG.

Good feeling waking up this morning after a great concert last night and watching Collingwood smash North Melbourne in the replay.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
No-one gave Langdon "harsh truths" about anything - they rushed him back into the team, half-fit, and have left him in it ever since.

Get used to it. Barring injury, you can expect to see him out of the team again in about another 250 games.

Mate he like a few others would have been put on notice about performance don't be so short sighted. His first 4-5 games back were simply putrid he basically single handed cost us 2 games in that time.
Your love of him is well known but you need to take the blinkers off old mate
If we land Lever his spot is up for grabs between him and Goldie and on pure heart Goldie has him beaten
Just for the record I gave him a vote in the GB medal because I thought he played well but nothing near the accolades you've given him
He has limitations and when he plays inside those he goes good when he tries to be something he's not he screws things up royally
The back 6 look a lot more stable now than they did a few weeks back and the adding of Scharenberg has added another dimension to the team as he's just about the best reader of play we have
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:57 pm

David wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
Moore's interview wasn't good for Grundy. He needs more media training as well as some footy training.

What was said, for those of us who missed it?

What he didn't say/do was go into bat for Brodie. He mentioned he hoped Brodie didn't get "too many weeks", he inferred he was guilty.

He did speak confidently about his hair rinse though.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:45 pm

We sometimes look like the most exciting team I've ever seen. We sometimes look like the most clueless team I've ever seen. I still haven't figured us out
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:54 pm

David wrote:
Moore's interview wasn't good for Grundy. He needs more media training as well as some footy training.

What was said, for those of us who missed it?

What he didn't say/do was go into bat for Brodie. He mentioned he hoped Brodie didn't get "too many weeks", he inferred he was guilty.

He did speak confidently about his hair rinse though.

It's great that he's committed to something.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:55 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
We sometimes look like the most exciting team I've ever seen. We sometimes look like the most clueless team I've ever seen. I still haven't figured us out

When we do finally click, all at once, heaven help the Opposition. All we really need is a young, big, KPP forward, via the draft IMHO. Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:04 pm

^ tall defender wouldn't go astray either!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:21 pm

I reckon Josh Thomas coming back has been tremendous for us. I suspect he is announcing himself as a future a grader.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:54 pm

David wrote:
What did he say?

He says he can see quite well!!

Seriously though, he just commented he was glad the AFL is making the head sacrosanct, and that if it meant weeks for anyone who lays a tackle that concussed the tackled player, so be it, or words to that effect

He didn't explicitly mention Brody getting weeks , but all but....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: